Follow

Autobots

Team » Autobots appears in 1554 issues.

The Autobots, led by Optimus Prime, are a benevolent race of living machines. They are the protagonists of the hit cartoon and comic book, The Transformers. They always fight the evil Decepticons to prevent them from taking over the Universe.

Transformers 4 Temporary Logo and Plot Details Revealed

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MrDirector786

I know this was made almost a month ago, but since it hasn't been posted on this site yet I'm doing so now.

It seems that the story for Transformers 4 will be heading in a new direction. President and CEO of Hasbro Brian Goldner spoke at the UBS Best Of Americas 2012 Conference (via TFW2005 and Bleeding Cool) where he discussed the company's plans for the future, including what they've got in store for the Transformers film series.
    While Transformers:Dark of the Moon did well at the box office ($1.1 billion worldwide) it didn't do so well at the one thing these kind of films are made for...selling toys. With this idea in mind, the company wants the fourth film to include an all new cast of robot characters with a story revolving around them (so they can sell more toys). This isn't a totally shocker as Michael Bay has said previously that the film will feature 'an all new cast,' thought we never interpreted that to mean the robots too. Economically this decision makes sense for Hasbro and, frankly, weren't we all getting a little tired of seeing the same old Autobots fighting the Decepticons? Maybe now they can bring in the much longed-for Dinobots.
    The fourth film is currently being penned by Ehren Kruger with Bay back as the director. It is said to be a slightly smaller film in budget than the previous movie and Bay hopes to have some of it take place 'off planet.' Bay also says this will be his last outing in the director's chair for Transformers and that he's making way for a new director to take over the 'new trilogy.'
    The new movie is scheduled to be releases on June 27, 2014.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172661-tranformers-4-temporary-logo-and-plot-details-revealed

Here's the temporary logo.

No Caption Provided
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MrDirector786

I just want to say that I think that this is what the logo should have looked like. :P

No Caption Provided
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

I wonder if this means no Opitimus Prime or Megatron...it would seem odd having a Transformers movie and not have them in it....also I'm hoping that they'll get it closer to right this time and not focus on the humans as much

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

You lost me at "Bay back as the director"

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrDirector786

@danhimself said:

I wonder if this means no Opitimus Prime or Megatron...it would seem odd having a Transformers movie and not have them in it....also I'm hoping that they'll get it closer to right this time and not focus on the humans as much

Same here.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By danhimself

@MrDirector786 said:

@danhimself said:

Same here.

you know with them saying that they want to have a new cast of Transformers and a new direction this would be the perfect time to go in the direction of the animated movie...kill off the majority of the old cast of robots and replace them with the new

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrDirector786

@danhimself said:

@MrDirector786 said:

@danhimself said:

Same here.

you know with them saying that they want to have a new cast of Transformers and a new direction this would be the perfect time to go in the direction of the animated movie...kill off the majority of the old cast of robots and replace them with the new

Possibly.

I also really hope it'll be good just because 2014 marks the 30th anniversary of Transformers.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By danhimself

@MrDirector786 said:

@danhimself said:

@MrDirector786 said:

@danhimself said:

Same here.

Possibly.

I also really hope it'll be good just because 2014 marks the 30th anniversary of Transformers.

I think everyone involved needs to just sit down and watch the animated movie and learn what makes a good Transformers movie

I had no idea the 30th anniversary was coming up...hopefully they'll rerelease the animated film on bluray again so that I can get a copy for under $200

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By TDK_1997

I'll watch it only out of curiosity.

abeyance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By abeyance

I know why the toyline failed, because most the screen time was hogged by Sam and his human associates. Every Michael Bay movie revolves around what is going on with the humans and how they are vital to aiding the Autobots. It was years before the Autobots let military individuals know about them. I remember it was mainly Spike and a few one time only humans assisting them on Transformers Generation 1's early days. True story, I went around college whenever the movies came out and asked people to name transformers besides Optimus, Bumblebee, and Megatron. It was heartbreaking how many deer in the head-light looks I got. The movie series has done a horrible job presenting the Transformers. I hope this all new cast is primarily autobots and deceptons....and heralds of Unicron. The fact it is revealed there will be off world elements is exciting for me. I hope this gets taken to Cyberton at last where the battle between transformers should be fought. I can see Grimlock and the dinobots gaining fame if they are introduced. I never cared too much for Rodimus Prime but if the Autobots are changing he will most likely be the new leader with Ultra-Magnus as his second in command. Anyway here's hoping for the better once the series gets a new director.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrDirector786

New Logo.

No Caption Provided
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Is Grimlock in it? If not, then I don't care about this movie.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrDirector786

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Is Grimlock in it? If not, then I don't care about this movie.

As of now, we don't know yet. I am also hoping for Grimlock to be in it, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.