Follow

Aspen Matthews

Character » Aspen Matthews appears in 169 issues.

Aspen Matthews is a child of two worlds. From a young ages she was raised on the surface but biologically she is the daughter of two underwater races called the Blue and the Black. As the only one of her kind, she is an extremely powerful being.

Megan Fox Talks 'Fathom'

• 84 results
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

I feel like it's been a long time since we heard anything about Megan Fox's upcoming project, the live-action film adaptation of 'Fathom' published by Aspen comics. Considering comic-con has just gotten over and done with, it seems appropriate that we hear some news about the project now. MTV recently caught up with the actress who cited that the project is well underway, and the script is complete. 

"They just wrote the first draft of the script, and everybody's really happy with it," Fox told MTV News. "I haven't read it yet, but the studio's really happy with it and there's growing excitement around the project."

Of course I could not leave out the fact that she had to go ahead and diss Wonder Woman...again. Figures. 

"I feel like that's a hard adaptation to make into a live-action film," said Fox. "She flies around in an invisible jet and she has a lasso of truth... It's going to be a hard movie to make live action."

To each her own, I suppose. Check out the video of the full interview. Thoughts?
    Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Chaos Agent

lol to be fair if the reporter knows the answer why ask? lol

Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Ravn

Whatever! I don't want Megan Fox and her toe-thumbs playing Wonder Woman anyway!! LOL

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

That was really ummm...a waste of my time.I don't really like Fathom so maybe the director can make something out of this.Show me something about the character that's interesting.As it stands Fathom is lame IMO.Maybe Megan will surprise us on this one.It's more than likely she won't.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AngelFrost

Stupid video player .... it's Contry-ist!!!

>_<

Avatar image for kingdom_come_suit_tie
    Kingdom-Come-Suit&Tie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She has no business being in movies.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Kingdom-Come-Suit&Tie said:
    " She has no business being in movies. "
    If you can somehow make her less attractive..she won't be.
    Avatar image for kingdom_come_suit_tie
    Kingdom-Come-Suit&Tie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
    " @Kingdom-Come-Suit&Tie said:
    "

She isn't attractive though. I don't see how.
    RedGhostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RedGhostman

Shouldn't they pick someone more athletic to play Aspen in Fathom?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Kingdom-Come-Suit&Tie said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Kingdom-Come-Suit&Tie said:
    "
    She isn't attractive though. I don't see how. "
    She's not attractive in YOUR opinion.How ever to many people she's gorgeous.It's the only reason she's in movies.She said her self she doesn't even know if she has any acting ability.She has Marilyn Monroe tatted on her arm..and we all know she was famous for nothing.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    Fathom is a bit obscure of a title. I have a few issues, but normally studios like buying big name titles. Can't say I ever pictured Megan Fox for that series.

I was actually pleased that the Justice League animation just made it so Wonder Woman flies. I used to watch the original Wonder Woman live action TV show. Only thing I thought was silly was the invisible jet.  Why would an amazon society that shuns the outside world have an invisible 'jet'?
    The lasso of truth I thought was fine. That always felt right out of Greek mythology. Such as with Perseus' shield.

Though, I think it would be a lot worse if they just made a Wonder Woman movie that wasn't true to the character.
    ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By ragdollpurps

i'm so sick of her.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Decept-O

I am not defending her by any stretch of the imagination but she brings up something which I sincerely hope will be left out of any potential Wonder Woman movie.  NO invisible plane.  Please.  Wondie needs to fly via her own powers. 

However she talks about Wonder Woman with almost vitriolic hatred but I suspect its because she knows she could not possibly fill that role.  She is also right--plenty of other actresses who could fill out that costume and pull that role off.  Why can't they just use an unknown?  Worked for Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Just saying...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Decept-O said:
    " I am not defending her by any stretch of the imagination but she brings up something which I sincerely hope will be left out of any potential Wonder Woman movie.  NO invisible plane.  Please.  Wondie needs to fly via her own powers.  However she talks about Wonder Woman with almost vitriolic hatred but I suspect its because she knows she could not possibly fill that role.  She is also right--plenty of other actresses who could fill out that costume and pull that role off.  Why can't they just use an unknown?  Worked for Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Just saying... "
    Wonder Woman hasn't flown an invisible jet since MLK was alive...Maybe if Megan read the comics she would know what she's talking about.
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Decept-O

@Vance Astro:  I know, and that's yet ONE more reason why she shouldn't even be considered for the role.  I think her only exposure to Wondie was via the craptastic Super Friends cartoon.  O.K., it wasn't all crap, but you know what I mean...

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Darkchild

Megan is one of those women whose much prettier when she doesnt have her mouth open. Ill admit shes fine as hell, i just feel her voice and how she thinks id be like "Umm excuse me, but you sound SO much smarter when your not talking."

Oh well like babs said too each their own.

Im not a big fan of WW but id like for it to become a movie, Shes one of the Big Three why the hell not. Stupid beyond hot woman

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Decept-O said:
    " @Vance Astro:  I know, and that's yet ONE more reason why she shouldn't even be considered for the role.  I think her only exposure to Wondie was via the craptastic Super Friends cartoon.  O.K., it wasn't all crap, but you know what I mean... "
    The fact that her name was even mentioned in the same breath as Wonder Woman pisses me off.I wish I was extremely hot so that I could be famous for nothing.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By danhimself

to be fair to Megan....Wonder Woman can barely hold up her own comic book...how is a live action movie going to be any different

Inthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Inthedark

Wait one minute she's playing aspen Matthews. I can suspend belief for a lot of things but this no not this.

Yuck.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @danhimself said:
    " to be fair to Megan....Wonder Woman can barely hold up her own comic book...how is a live action movie going to be any different "
    You say this as if this thread isn't about character almost nobody give a sh#t about.At least people know Wonder Woman when they see her.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By danhimself
    @Vance Astro said:
    "@danhimself said:
    " to be fair to Megan....Wonder Woman can barely hold up her own comic book...how is a live action movie going to be any different "
    You say this as if this thread isn't about character almost nobody give a sh#t about.At least people know Wonder Woman when they see her.
    "

true very true she is a very recognizable character but.....she can barely hold up her solo comic series....lets face it there aren't that many people out there reading Wonder Woman
    Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Darkchild
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @danhimself said:
    "
    HEY...wait u said almost anyone...continue.

I love Fathom, im hoping they dont bastardize the entire thing just so "MEGAN IS HOT AN WET!" as much as id enjoy seeing her damn near naked. Do the comic justice please
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @danhimself said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    "@danhimself said:
    "
    true very true she is a very recognizable character but.....she can barely hold up her solo comic series....lets face it there aren't that many people out there reading Wonder Woman "
    She can barely hold up her own solo series because DC is #2 to begin with.The movie will do alot better than comics.Alot of people who don't read comics love superhero movies.I'm sure all the people who went to see Batman,Iron Man,Hulk ect weren't reading the comics.Let me tell you,as many people as are on here you can realize by talking to them,alot of people here not only barely read comics but don't read anything outside of Marvel.Comic reading in itself isn't as popular as it looks.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pixelized
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    "@danhimself said:
    "
    true very true she is a very recognizable character but.....she can barely hold up her solo comic series....lets face it there aren't that many people out there reading Wonder Woman "
    She can barely hold up her own solo series because DC is #2 to begin with.The movie will do alot better than comics.Alot of people who don't read comics love superhero movies.I'm sure all the people who went to see Batman,Iron Man,Hulk ect weren't reading the comics.Let me tell you,as many people as are on here you can realize by talking to them,alot of people here not only barely read comics but don't read anything outside of Marvel.Comic reading in itself isn't as popular as it looks.
    "
    Everyone knows Who Wonder Woman is though, and because of that they feel some sort of connection to her, be it from the comics or Lynda Carter's portrayal. A wonder woman movie would rake in duh moneys
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @pixelized said:
    Everyone knows Who Wonder Woman is though, and because of that they feel some sort of connection to her, be it from the comics or Lynda Carter's portrayal. A wonder woman movie would rake in duh moneys "
    This is true.
    rogue588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By rogue588

I don't understand why ya'll are getting so upset. She was asked a question, she gave an answer. Are we the only ones allowed to share our opinions on things?

Still, I have to disagree with Meg...if the right talent is involved, a Wonder Woman movie could most definitely be pulled off.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @rogue588 said:
    " I don't understand why ya'll are getting so upset. She was asked a question, she gave an answer. Are we the only ones allowed to share our opinions on things?

Still, I have to disagree with Meg...if the right talent is involved, a Wonder Woman movie could most definitely be pulled off. "
    I think people are mad that she's even being considered for this movie to be asked the question.She can't act.She knows it and we know it.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pixelized

especially with how ill informed she is on Diana. Why is she so concerned about the Jet she doesn't use anymore or the lasso??? are those hard to make come to the life in movies??? like really..

Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
    The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    "@danhimself said:
    "
    You make a very valid point...
    Chamoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Chamoi

She talks like a drunk highschool girl...

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By goldenkey

megan fox as Wonder Woman is just money money money

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @The Crimson Nutcase said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    "@danhimself said:
    "
    You make a very valid point... "
    This point isn't valid at all.Wonder Woman is recognizable.When it comes to movies the comic doesn't matter.
    Avatar image for the_sharp_dressed_lady
    The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I don't think she'd be so bad at all, and she'd actually be quite good, but apparently she's never even been approached for Wonder Woman so this topic is moot. So far, none of the actresses fantasy cast in this role have even been approached. At the moment, I can only see me and Babs in this role, and maybe Red L.A.M.P.

If she's playing Aspen, I think she'd be really good. If she can play that role in those Transformer movies, then she can tackle a Fathom character, and she's played in many other good acting movies you've never even heard of that largely didn't require her look or sexual charm, so, ya, I'd give her a chance at it.. And, she's never said she wasn't a good actress, and neither did Marilyn Monroe.

Or, perhaps you would prefer John Barrowman... ??

And, the idea of Megan Fox as Cassie in Tim Seeleys remarkable Hack/Slash is something I could look forward to seeing, and that movie apparently IS moving forward, so that's a casting call I could agree with!!
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By cascadeking09

y does everybody keep actin like megan fox is just talkin junk. she didnt say anything bad about wonder woman all she said is that it would be hard to do. anybody that really wants her to play wonder woman probably doesnt know anything about the character, i wanna see somebody thats actually tall play wonder woman. the only reas y anybody says megan fox should play wonder woman is cause she look good. the only thing i can see megan bringing to the role aside from her lookin so good,  is that she can do most of her own stunts. who cares what she thinks about wonderwoman, when the man asked she even sounded like she might be up doin it if they do the movie right, it wouldnt be any hader than makein a live action version of transformers.

Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
    The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
    " @The Crimson Nutcase said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    "@danhimself said:
    "
    You make a very valid point... "
    This point isn't valid at all.Wonder Woman is recognizable.When it comes to movies the comic doesn't matter.
    "
    Actually it is...
    If I do so recall correctly, very recently it was an interview here on the Vine Tyrese was being interviewed by Babs and she was wearing a WW outfit and he referred to her as "Superwoman"
    To us Viners most if not all of us would recognize WW, but thats b/c were into comics but just b/c we are familiar with the characters doesnt mean everyone else is...For example if i was to show a picture of WW to my family i am willing to bet majority if not all wouldnt know who she is, yeah this might make people think my family is dumb but their not...they just arent very familiar with comics...
    Now if i was to show them Batman, Superman, Spiderman and some of those other more succesful and famous comic book characters they would know who they are or at least they're name...Sadly WW isnt one of those characters
    TheKillingJoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheKillingJoke

HMMMM

The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well. Wonder Woman and Superman and Spiderman would each get recognized by almost everyone I know, and even know of, but recently at a public place a guy pointed at a pic of Batman and had to ask who that was. He said it was on the tip of his tongue and kept saying... "Night... night... crawler... dark... thing... ?". Before I blurted it out, someone else said Batman. He kind of had the right idea, though. lol

The MOST recognizable character from my experience... THE HULK!!!!!!!! Comic readers, gamers, animations fans, CGI artists, etc... They all recognize the big guy!!!!!!!!
    Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jamiracles

That idiot passed up Wonder Woman for Fathom? Wooooooooow. Best career move ever.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @The Crimson Nutcase said:
    Actually it is...If I do so recall correctly, very recently it was an interview here on the Vine Tyrese was being interviewed by Babs and she was wearing a WW outfit and he referred to her as "Superwoman" To us Viners most if not all of us would recognize WW, but thats b/c were into comics but just b/c we are familiar with the characters doesnt mean everyone else is...For example if i was to show a picture of WW to my family i am willing to bet majority if not all wouldnt know who she is, yeah this might make people think my family is dumb but their not...they just arent very familiar with comics... Now if i was to show them Batman, Superman, Spiderman and some of those other more succesful and famous comic book characters they would know who they are or at least they're name...Sadly WW isnt one of those characters "
    Actually it's not.Everyone doesn't know who Wonder Woman is just like everyone doesn't know who Wolverine or even Daredevil is.How ever these characters are popular enough to make movies.There are alot of people who don't read comics who know who they are.Tyrese is one person in a small minority who doesn't know who she is.I don't recognize Wonder Woman because I read her comics.I always knew who she was on site.Hancock isn't even a real superhero and that movie succeeded.What about Marvel making Blade..who the hell knew who he was before Wesley Snipes played him? 
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Martian

I'm glad they're happy

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @Vance Astro:  The answer to the last question is: NO DAMN BODY!

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The_Martian
    @Vance Astro: I watched Spider-Man the Animated Series :P
    Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jamiracles
    Now shes going tosink further into a career she resents because shes blowing herself up to be more of an overblown sex idol.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43  Edited By Moomin123

Megan Fox has been getting a lot of comic related roles lately. First Mikaela in Transformers, then Leila in Jonah Hex and now a role in the Fathom movie? That's a lot of work to do right there.

The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jamiracles said:
    " That idiot passed up Wonder Woman for Fathom? Wooooooooow. Best career move ever. "
    There isn't even a Wonder Woman movie yet, so you must be the idiot. I doubt she'll care until then. LOL
    The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nobody said: 
    @Vance Astro: I watched Spider-Man the Animated Series :P "
    The guy they've had play Batman the last couple of movies never even heard of Batman, and doesn't want there to be a Robin!!??!! LOL It's true. He never even heard of Batman, and probably still hasn't read it.
    The Invisible Plane was seen fairly routinely until the eighties and is still seen around to this day. It was even depicted in the TV show. If they go with a contemporary version of it it could be very cool. Something CGI, very automated looking, varying degrees of invisibility and camo, and capable of flying, materializing and warping through time/space by her vocal or thought command, such as through her headband. Wouldn't YOU want one of those?? I know I sure would!! 8D
    TelekineticSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TelekineticSun

I hope Meagan makes a fool of herself when she tries reciting big marine biology words like cephalopod.
    It should be Terra Ried in alone in the dark all over agian.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#47  Edited By No_Name_
    @danhimself said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @danhimself said:
    You say this as if this thread isn't about character almost nobody give a sh#t about.At least people know Wonder Woman when they see her. "
    Actually, there are. She doesn't sell as well as the rest of the "Trinity," but she is actually pretty successful for a female comic book character.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Media_Master

No one, not even her, wants to see here as Wonder Woman.

WonderBoy1132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By WonderBoy1132

grr. she annoys me like no other..

MIssfitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MIssfitt

She's attractive and untalented, yay young Hollywood.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.