Follow

Aspen Matthews

Character » Aspen Matthews appears in 169 issues.

Aspen Matthews is a child of two worlds. From a young ages she was raised on the surface but biologically she is the daughter of two underwater races called the Blue and the Black. As the only one of her kind, she is an extremely powerful being.

Fathom Volume 4

Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Raven0207

I am one of those die hard fans of Michael Turner's Fathom series and most of AspenMLT's comic books. Fathom reaches it's 4th Volume which was layed out by Mike before his passing and scripted out by Scott Lobdell. Fathom is a series that most fans (myself included) was glad to see the end of Volume 3. The art was very lacking and the story just didn't keep you interested. It looks to me that both of those issues have turned the corner and we have a chance of new life for the book in a few years. 

The Writer   Scott Lobdell is a well known established writer that will be bringing his writing style and history to the book. I for one think his writing has gotten better with age.

The Artist    Of all the additions to the book I am the happiest about this. Alex Konat has been lurking in the shadows for years in comics. He has had a few stories here and there that wasn't big splashes but got him noticed by Aspen. For the past few years he has been working with J.T. Krul on the Aspen book Mindfield. His storytelling and artistic approach has grown more as the book goes along and just seeing his preliminary work for Fathom Vol. 4 just blows me away. Mike's work on Vol. 1 set the bar. Koi's work on Vol 2 lived up to Mike but like he should have gave it his feel. Vol 3 killed the book with most. Ale Garza's toony feel and constant tardiness kept the fans just wanting the story to end and start new. My hopes are set high for the new Volume. 

The Colorist  The beautiful and talented Beth Sotelo takes over the book from the super talented Peter Steigerwald. I see this as a changing of the guard cause both artist are great at what they do. This was the most logical choice to me for Aspen to make in handing Mike's baby over to someone else for the new run. 

Overall The Sky is the Limit. I hope for the best for all 3 creators and hope Fathom once again captures the hearts of the fans.
    bonn_55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bonn_55

I finally collected all issues of Fathom Vol. 4, but damn it takes a long time when they come in stores. Marvel, DC and other publishers comes at the right date, but Aspen Comics needs to keep up the pace if they want to earn some gratitude, respect and make the fans happy. I have to wait to get a new fathom issue, but they skip a month till the next and it's a waste of time and days. Fathom Vol. 4 lasted from 2011 to 2013 for over 9 issues. THREE years for 9 issues, come on. I'm a big Aspen Matthews fan here and I feel sorry for her. Today, I'm got 6 issues of All New Fathom so far, but I hope the company do the right thing and what's best for business.

aspenation_366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@bonn_55:

You mean 10 issues because they got issue 0 in the beginning of Fathom Vol. 4? Yeah, that happens to me when they don't keep up like they're suppose to. Not only I'm an Aspen Matthews fan, but I'm also a fan of X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, Kiani and any sort of Image, Tow Cow, etc. characters I know of. You just gotta have patience when they come in stores or in the mail.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.