Follow

Ashake Meroe

Character » Ashake Meroe appears in 1 issues.

Ancestor of the X-Man Storm, and descendant of the Hyborian Age's Priestess Ayesha of Balobedu and the Egyptian Priestess Ashake (who shared the same name), Ashake was a highly skilled weapon master, who took joy in the thrill of the hunt. She is also the Queen of the "Meroe warriors" a race of women much like the Amazons

a little frustrating

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ithinkitwasyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ithinkitwasyou

I wrote almost the entire profile for Ashake and 275 points go to a user who plagiarized my work. just sayin....o_0

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@ithinkitwasyou said:

I wrote almost the entire profile for Ashake and 275 points go to a user who plagiarized my work. just sayin....o_0

................................You should've stuck with pming me

It was in the wrong thread, so it got moved. I didn't "plagiarize" you at all. Points can't be backtracked and redistributed, so somebody was gonna get screwed/something was gonna be unfair one way or another.

ithinkitwasyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ithinkitwasyou

@White Mage: copying the information I wrote and getting the credit for it, that's called plagiarism, and I would prefer it be discussed publicly, as well as addressed privately. Also where is your source material to suggest that this ashake is a different character from the other, since the information was on the wrong page and needed to be moved.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@ithinkitwasyou said:

@White Mage: copying the information I wrote and getting the credit for it, that's called plagiarism, and I would prefer it be discussed publicly, as well as addressed privately. Also where is your source material to suggest that this ashake is a different character from the other, since the information was on the wrong page and needed to be moved.

2 different mods ok'd it. I even asked about the points thing, and they said it was cool if I went ahead and did it. The two characters couldn't be more different. Catman posted details explaining that the Ashake you edited was listed as a descendant to the Ashake that I edited. Not to mention using common sense:

1. They don't have the same appearance

2. Ashake of Meroe did NOT use spells

3. Egyptian Ashake used white magic and had a pure soul

4. Ashake of Meroe murdered for sport

5. Ashake of Meroe was a warrior Swordswoman and master of weapons. Egyptian Ashake didn't even wield a knife

6. NONE of Egyptian Ashake's information would ever suggest that she became Ashake of Meroe, but Catman posted saying that the latter was the former's descendant.

7. Egyptian Ashake is over a thousand years old with long white hair

8. Ashake of Meroe has a completely different appearance from her ancestor, and quite frankly, doesn't possess ANY of her qualities

I didn't want credit for your work. I wanted it OFF of the true character's page that you accidentally screwed up by mixing up characters based off of an assumption that is BEYOND stretched. And I didn't get exactly what I wanted either. Anyone who goes to Ashake's page will think that you are responsible for the bulk of the page's progress, when most of that sh*t has my name written all over it. But I can't hold it against you for making a mistake. Don't hold it against me for correcting it. Hell, for that matter, would you have preferred to see a mod get credit for it for fixing your screw up? Or would you have preferred to get double points? Frankly, SOMEONE was going to get it. It just so happened to be me. I don't want credit for your ish, and I don't need it. However, the points were a byproduct that I had absolutely no control over. I moved YOUR work, and MOST of YOUR images to a new page, and that was that. If you're still sore about it, then sorry, I have nothing else to tell you.

Posted by Catmanexe over a year ago

@White Mage:

quadruple checked. yes, both Ashake's are in fact separate characters.

the Ashake that first appeared in New Mutants #32 and appeared from then on out

is in fact the ancestor of the Ashake who appeared first in Epic Illustrated#12,

and Storm is the descendant of both. they are different characters who just have the same

name passed down, much like myself and my father do.

ASHAKE - @ 26th - 11th century BC Egypt/Pharaoic time, descendent of Ayesha, ancestor of Storm, similar appearance to her, traveled to modern era to aid Ian McNee against Chthon

sorceress, cast illusions, telepath, sense other sorcerers, learn other languages, cast guiding spells
    (Mystic Arcana, OH: A-Z HC#1)--New Mutants I#32 (32/Mystic Arcana: Magik#1/2, Mystic Arcana: Sister Grimm#1/3

ASHAKE of MERO � - descendent of Ashake of Egypt and Ayesha, Candance/ruler of Empire of Mero � sometime between 50 BC and 50 AD, regularly challenged warriors to the Royal Hunt, defeated by Marada who then helped her slay traitorous soldiers seeking to kill her and usurp her throne, befriended Marada & Arianrhod
    (app)--Epic Illustrated#12 ([12 (fb)], 12

@White Mage said:

"

@rbysjti: Actually, that helped GREATLY. Thanks B.B.

"who was an ancestor of Storm in the latter Ashake's OHotMU A-Z hardcover profile"

Can somebody find this thing for me?

"

finding scanned editions of the OHOTMU HC happens to be one of the biggest pains

in the world, believe me, but the specific issue you are looking for is this issue.

http://www.comicvine.com/official-handbook-of-the-marvel-universe-a-z-premiere-hardcover-volume-1/37-138579/

not to be confused with...

http://www.comicvine.com/all-new-official-handbook-of-the-marvel-universe-a-z-abraxas-to-batwing/37-106455/

http://www.comicvine.com/all-new-official-handbook-of-the-marvel-universe-a-z-update-amatsu-kami-japanese-gods-to-walker/37-106745/

speaking of big pains, this means that two separate pages must be made now on CV,

one for each Ashake, and their respective appearances assigned as well, as this bio is now

incorrect...

http://www.comicvine.com/ashake/29-42895/

this looks like a job for...anyone but Catman! lol.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@ithinkitwasyou said:

No offense, but I agree with White Mage. If the information on the characters page is incorrect, and from reading this thread that mistake appears unintentional, I think he was right to correct it, and I don't see how he plagiarize your contribution to the page. Accusing him of taking credit for your work is taking what happened out of context since the work you did was erroneous. And I also don't see why he should not receive credit since he caught and corrected the mistake.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Storm Calling

@ithinkitwasyou: There was no need to publicize this into a thread, especially considering you didn't know the half of what was going on. Instead of doing this highly rude gesture and claiming plagiarism, you should have contacted one of the higher ups or discussed this personally with WM though PM. He is a highly respected user here at CV and has written a ton of information for all sorts of characters here.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mercy_
    @Storm Calling Well said.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By Erik

@ithinkitwasyou:

Lol.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Storm Calling Well said.

@Erik said:

@ithinkitwasyou:

Lol.

Since he likes to call people out for "injustices", I feel he won't mind if I call him out on his blatant hypocrisy.

His 524 points on this character's page are straight sketch. I suspect that he's used his live-edit abilities to spite me, and put his name back on top on the page of the character he feels belongs to him. I have evidence that more than supports this.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @Storm Calling
     Could not have said it better.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SmoothJammin
    No Caption Provided
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Erik

@White Mage said:

Since he likes to call people out for "injustices", I feel he won't mind if I call him out on his blatant hypocrisy.

His 524 points on this character's page are straight sketch. I suspect that he's used his live-edit abilities to spite me, and put his name back on top on the page of the character he feels belongs to him. I have evidence that more than supports this.

Users that abuse their live-edit abilities to bolster their points should lose that ability. Besides that, the OP should lose it for publicly accusing another user of plagiarism over 200 measly points. Boo fricking hoo. Someone needs to grow up and that is coming from a battle forum veteran.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Erik

@White Mage said:

@ithinkitwasyou said:

2 different mods ok'd it. I even asked about the points thing, and they said it was cool if I went ahead and did it. The two characters couldn't be more different. Catman posted details explaining that the Ashake you edited was listed as a descendant to the Ashake that I edited. Not to mention using common sense:

1. They don't have the same appearance

2. Ashake of Meroe did NOT use spells

3. Egyptian Ashake used white magic and had a pure soul

4. Ashake of Meroe murdered for sport

5. Ashake of Meroe was a warrior Swordswoman and master of weapons. Egyptian Ashake didn't even wield a knife

6. NONE of Egyptian Ashake's information would ever suggest that she became Ashake of Meroe, but Catman posted saying that the latter was the former's descendant.

7. Egyptian Ashake is over a thousand years old with long white hair

8. Ashake of Meroe has a completely different appearance from her ancestor, and quite frankly, doesn't possess ANY of her qualities

I didn't want credit for your work. I wanted it OFF of the true character's page that you accidentally screwed up by mixing up characters based off of an assumption that is BEYOND stretched. And I didn't get exactly what I wanted either. Anyone who goes to Ashake's page will think that you are responsible for the bulk of the page's progress, when most of that sh*t has my name written all over it. But I can't hold it against you for making a mistake. Don't hold it against me for correcting it. Hell, for that matter, would you have preferred to see a mod get credit for it for fixing your screw up? Or would you have preferred to get double points? Frankly, SOMEONE was going to get it. It just so happened to be me. I don't want credit for your ish, and I don't need it. However, the points were a byproduct that I had absolutely no control over. I moved YOUR work, and MOST of YOUR images to a new page, and that was that. If you're still sore about it, then sorry, I have nothing else to tell you.

Posted by Catmanexe over a year ago

@White Mage:

quadruple checked. yes, both Ashake's are in fact separate characters.

the Ashake that first appeared in New Mutants #32 and appeared from then on out

is in fact the ancestor of the Ashake who appeared first in Epic Illustrated#12,

and Storm is the descendant of both. they are different characters who just have the same

name passed down, much like myself and my father do.

ASHAKE - @ 26th - 11th century BC Egypt/Pharaoic time, descendent of Ayesha, ancestor of Storm, similar appearance to her, traveled to modern era to aid Ian McNee against Chthon

sorceress, cast illusions, telepath, sense other sorcerers, learn other languages, cast guiding spells
    (Mystic Arcana, OH: A-Z HC#1)--New Mutants I#32 (32/Mystic Arcana: Magik#1/2, Mystic Arcana: Sister Grimm#1/3

ASHAKE of MERO � - descendent of Ashake of Egypt and Ayesha, Candance/ruler of Empire of Mero � sometime between 50 BC and 50 AD, regularly challenged warriors to the Royal Hunt, defeated by Marada who then helped her slay traitorous soldiers seeking to kill her and usurp her throne, befriended Marada & Arianrhod
    (app)--Epic Illustrated#12 ([12 (fb)], 12

@White Mage said:

"

@rbysjti: Actually, that helped GREATLY. Thanks B.B.

"who was an ancestor of Storm in the latter Ashake's OHotMU A-Z hardcover profile"

Can somebody find this thing for me?

"

finding scanned editions of the OHOTMU HC happens to be one of the biggest pains

in the world, believe me, but the specific issue you are looking for is this issue.

http://www.comicvine.com/official-handbook-of-the-marvel-universe-a-z-premiere-hardcover-volume-1/37-138579/

not to be confused with...

http://www.comicvine.com/all-new-official-handbook-of-the-marvel-universe-a-z-abraxas-to-batwing/37-106455/

http://www.comicvine.com/all-new-official-handbook-of-the-marvel-universe-a-z-update-amatsu-kami-japanese-gods-to-walker/37-106745/

speaking of big pains, this means that two separate pages must be made now on CV,

one for each Ashake, and their respective appearances assigned as well, as this bio is now

incorrect...

http://www.comicvine.com/ashake/29-42895/

this looks like a job for...anyone but Catman! lol.

Closed it down!

ithinkitwasyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ithinkitwasyou

@Storm Calling: tried both before hand, found my own solution.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Erik

@ithinkitwasyou said:

Is that "solution" abusing live-edit privileges to put you back on top?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @ithinkitwasyou said:

So the Higher-Ups said no? And you decided you'd find your own solution? How is that remotely a good idea?
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Erik said:

@ithinkitwasyou said:

Is that "solution" abusing live-edit privileges to put you back on top?

@TheCrowbar said:

@ithinkitwasyou said:

So the Higher-Ups said no? And you decided you'd find your own solution? How is that remotely a good idea?

@ithinkitwasyou said:

I'm through. I did nothing wrong, and I've just about had it with your playing victim, accusations, and spite moves. I'm through

ACTIVITY FEEDBLOG FEED SEND PM

Submit
    • ithinkitwasyou's Activity
    • ithinkitwasyou's Wall

ithinkitwasyouhad a submission approved for Ashake Meroe and earned 400 points (for a total of 6,859 points).

1 hour, 12 minutes ago

ithinkitwasyouhad a submission approved for Ashake Meroe and earned 1 point (for a total of 6,459 points).

1 hour, 12 minutes ago

ithinkitwasyou replied to the topic The Official Character Spite Thread on the Gen. Discussion board.

wolverine and his convoluted inconsistencies, over confidence, and over exposure. The "I'm the best at what I do" line has gotten so old considering all his enemies either are still alive, or don't stay dead. The epic hypocrisy of stabbing Rachel in the heart for trying to kill Selene, and saying "We're the X-Men, we don't kill" the boner he has for under aged girls...the 40 pounds of body hair, ...

3 hours, 10 minutes ago

ithinkitwasyou replied to the topic Which Obscure Character would you give a series on the Gen. Discussion board.

Mercury because he has a lot of unexplored potential. I don't know who I would want to write it, but I would definitely want guest stars to be Excalibur.And Ashake, I would like to see her origin story written by L.A. Banks - R.I.P. :( - Guest starring characters I would want Shuma Garath, the Elder gods, The Vishanti, Apocalypse, and Selene.

5 hours, 15 minutes ago

ithinkitwasyou replied to the topic Psychic or Psionic on the Gen. Discussion board.

@ComicMan24: This

5 hours, 21 minutes ago

ithinkitwasyou replied to the topic Very Cool Character on the Torrent board.

@EnSabahNurX: I could see her as one of the young avengers. I would alter her powers a bit. make her more tactile with the use of her weather control, and make her more like the character's in Avatar the last Air bender, that way there could be an honest distinction between her and storm, as well as a very visual difference showing her to be a more physical fighter. if ...

5 hours, 24 minutes ago

ithinkitwasyou replied to the topic Why arent there more Black Superhero movies? on the Gen. Discussion board.

@PowerHerc: love when someone says they're done with something only to reply again a day later. Just like your co-signer. see you again soon.

5 hours, 32 minutes ago

ithinkitwasyoureplied to the topic a little frustrating on the Ashake Meroe board.

@White Mage: copying the information I wrote and getting the credit for it, that's called plagiarism, and I would prefer it be discussed publicly, as well as addressed privately.

7 hours, 43 minutes ago

ithinkitwasyou replied to the topic how are the animevice people on the Gen. Discussion board.

@Glabal500: I don't care for anime. Have you ever tried to explain some of there character's powers? Or how blatantly racist their cartoon depictions are. I would bash, but whats the point. No interest in their world

21 hours, 5 minutes ago

ithinkitwasyou had a submission approved for Ashake Meroe and earned 121 points (for a total of 6,458 points).

21 hours, 27 minutes ago

ithinkitwasyou had a submission approved for Ashake and earned 5 points (for a total of 6,337 points).

21 hours, 49 minutes ago

ithinkitwasyou replied to the topic Storm is #1 in Comic Vine's Top 100 Superheroes 2011 on the Storm board.

@soccersss said:HOW???????????? I like Storm but how on earth is she no. 1uh...she had the most votes clearly.

22 hours, 11 minutes ago

ithinkitwasyou completed the Mowing Them Down quest.

Dude. Let's see how varied you can get. Try editing some more pages!

22 hours, 14 minutes ago

ithinkitwasyouhad a submission approved for Ashake Meroe and earned 2 points (for a total of 6,332 points).

I wrote this for the other character of the same name. 275 points worth of my writing and research go to a user who didn't write a single word of original material, which goes against what comicvine say about plagiarism

22 hours, 14 minutes ago

I copied his recent activity, and made bold everything that pertains to our argument.

So, glance at his wiki points

My points for Ashake Meroe = 275

His new points for Ashake Meroe = 524

Here's the original, incorrect info that was moved by me (excluding pictures)

Ashake rescues fallen warriors

Ashake lives during Pharaonic times. She is a sorceress and a virtual duplicate for the modern heroine Storm, who is Ashake's "granddaughter many times removed" She is also the Queen of the "Candance warriors" a race of women much like the amazons of mythology, as well as skilled sorceress

Hair:White

Eyes:Blue/White using powers

Height:6'

Weight:132

Ashake first appeared in the pages of Epic illustrated issue #12 in 1982.

The royal hunt

Ashake is depicted as the royal monarch of a tribe of female warriors known as the candances. She rescues a female warrior by the name of Marada the she wolf, and her "Cub" Ari from a band of merauders.

When Marada and Ari fall in battle, Ashake fights off the band of merauders and and brings them to her palace where her healers revive them. A dinner is hosted in their honor, at which point Ashake tell them that to earn their freedom they must participate in the "Royal hunt," a game in which Ashake herself hunts them through the perilous wilderness. Marada asks what might happen were she to refuse to participate, to which Ashake says "There will be no refusal. Your pride won't allow it." Marada grins and accepts the challenge.

The following morning Marada and Ari are given two hours before Ashake takes to their persuit. They have no weapons. Ashake takes after them armed with a sword, a dagger and a bow and Arrows. Ashake displays exceptional skills and marksman ship as an archer, as she uses her arrows to herd them into a corner. Ari the less experienced warrior is frightened and runs, while Marada tries to lead Ashake off.

Marada hid and waited for Ashake before pouncing on her taking her dagger. Ashake drew her sword and the two engaged in a battle in which the upper hand continued to shift from one warrior to the other. Ashake is thrilled with the challenge to which Marada asked "Have any of your prey ever escaped" to which Ashake said "Never."

The battle is cut short with the appearance of the band of merauders that had earlier attacked Marada and Ari, no holding Ari hostage.

Ashake and Marada join forces and battle the band of merauders. Ashake strikes the finishing blow on the leader of the notorious band of merauders, when her followers come to her aid. Ashake allows Marada and Ari their freedom but extends the invitation for them to stay at her palace and join her candance. They respectfully decline but accept a lifelong friendship.

Ashake is also an exceptionally skilled hand to hand combatant skilled in archery as well as swordsmanship and edged weapons. She is also a skillful huntress, as a tracker

Obviously with some corrections made. Now, here's the new one.

Ashake during the hunt
    Ashake during the hunt

The Royal Hunt

Ashake is depicted as the royal monarch of a tribe of female warriors known as the candances. She rescues a female warrior by the name of Marada the she wolf, and her "Cub" Ari from a band of marauders.

When Marada and Ari fall in battle, Ashake fights off the band of marauders and and brings them to her palace where her healers revive them. A dinner is hosted in their honor, at which point Ashake tell them that to earn their freedom they must participate in the "Royal hunt," a game in which Ashake herself hunts them through the perilous wilderness. Marada asks what might happen were she to refuse to participate, to which Ashake says "There will be no refusal. Your pride won't allow it." Marada grins and accepts the challenge.

The following morning Marada and Ari are given two hours before Ashake takes to their pursuit. They have no weapons. Ashake takes after them armed with a sword, a dagger and a bow and Arrows. Ashake displays exceptional skills and marksman ship as an archer, as she uses her

arrows to herd them into a corner. Ari the less experienced warrior is frightened and runs, while Marada tries to lead Ashake off.

Marada hid and waited for Ashake before pouncing on her taking her dagger. Ashake drew her sword and the two engaged in a battle in which the upper hand continued to shift from one warrior to the other. Ashake is thrilled with the challenge to which Marada asked "Have any of your prey ever escaped" to which Ashake said "Never."

The battle is cut short with the appearance of the band of marauders that had earlier attacked Marada and Ari, no holding Ari hostage.

Ashake and Marada join forces and battle the band of marauders. Ashake strikes the finishing blow on the leader of the notorious band of marauders, when her followers come to her aid. Ashake allows Marada and Ari their freedom but extends the invitation for them to stay at her palace and join her candance. They respectfully decline but accept a lifelong friendship.

He added 1 image, apparently, but that was it, so, 2 points.

He then added a lot of detail about her fighting, as follows

Powers and Abilities

• Leadership: Ashake is the Queen of the Meroe, a powerful nation of proud warriors, as well as the leader of her own army and royal guard known as the sacred spears.
    • Peak-Level Athlete: Ashake has the maximum strength of a human female without being considered superhuman.
    • Peak-level speed: Ashake can run faster than the finest human athlete without reaching superhuman speed.
    • Peak-level reflexes: Ashake has very deadly reflexes, instincts and reaction time.
    • Weapon Master: Marada is a virtually unparalleled sword-master of her era, having fought and defeated nearly all who have stood against her with the exception of Marada she has never been bested. Though the spear is Ashake's weapon of choice she is equally as skilled with other weapons and can gain expertise with unfamiliar ones with minimal training. She is an accomplished archer and demonstrates remarkable accuracy with any distance weapon. Ashake's mastery of arms includes being able to quickly improvise and construct weapons with any available materials at hand, so that even when seemingly disarmed, she is rarely weaponless.
    • Unarmed Combat: Ashake has mastered the martial arts disciplines of her era and is a deadly fighter even without any weapons, Including demons and monsters.
    • Tracking: Ashake is an exceptional tracker and huntress.
    • Stealth: Ashake possesses catlike grace and can move about in near-silence in order to avoid detection, making good use of shadows and any other available cover. She is also highly skilled at disguise, camouflage, and infiltration.
    • Other Abilities: Ashake's diverse physical skills include swimming, climbing, acrobatics, and escape artistry. She is an expert horseback rider and an accomplished sailor. Ashake is highly intelligent and resourceful, and possesses a keen understanding of warfare and battle strategy. Her charisma makes her a natural leader true to her title as the Lioness

Which earned him 121 points. 121 + 2 = 123

He then had a meaningless submission approved, which earned him 1 point. 123 + 1 = 124

Now, stay with me...ALL of Ashake Meroe's images were uploaded by me. Each one has MY name on it. So he has practically 0 image points. Around the same time that I CORRECT HIM in the "accusation" forum, THIS happens:

ithinkitwasyou had a submission approved for Ashake Meroe and earned 400 points (for a total of 6,859 points).

Now, this was BEFORE the edit happened: My reply in the "accusation" thread found on my recent activity wall

White Mage replied to the topic a little frustrating on the Ashake Meroe board.

@ithinkitwasyou said:@White Mage: copying the information I wrote and getting the credit for it, that's called plagiarism, and I would prefer it be discussed publicly, as well as addressed privately. Also where is your source material to suggest that this ashake is a different character from the other, since the information was on the wrong page and needed to be moved.2 different mods ok'd it. I even asked about the ...

3 hours, 19 minutes ago

Upon reading this a little while later, he went back to the "Ashake Meroe" thread, and look

ithinkitwasyou had a submission approved for Ashake Meroe and earned 400 points (for a total of 6,859 points).

1 hour, 12 minutes ago

The timing was more than perfect for him to have viewed my response, have an emotionally charged outburst, and abuse his live edit abilities

The evidence is clear.

1. The page was practically untouched after I moved it where it belonged

2. He made a tiny edit to the main body

3. He made a nice, detailed edit to "Abilities", that earned him 121 points

4. He saw what I had posted in regards to his screw up

5. He selected a good amount of information, then erased it from the page.

6. He THEN went BACK into the thread, and pasted the information back, thus, earning 400 wiki points via unsupported wiki abuse.

7. He did this for one reason, and one reason alone: To remove me from the page's "Top Editor" spot, so that his greedy face was there instead.

8. He, unlike me, possessed a character flaw, which enabled him to get his "top editor" title back. I on the other hand, am not so sneaky, and thus, I continue to see his greedy face on Ashake's page, even though he was essentially rewarded for accurate information on the wrong character's page, and I am, by comicvine law, the TRUE wielder of Ashake's "Top Editor" spot. He would've had Ashake Meroe's.........but he effed it up.

Do with this information what you'd like. The mod's TOLD ME to clean up the page. But you........you're just scandalous

PROSECUTION RESTS D@MMIT

ithinkitwasyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ithinkitwasyou

@Erik: I didn't abuse my live edit privilege, which I earned like anyone else. Second I improved on a poorly structured profile, which I am also still in the process of editing. because the information on that particular page is still not written the way the standard comicvine structure suggests (Origin, creation, history, list of skills powers and abilities etc etc) when he copied and pasted my work onto a different bio page he could have at least put the characters real name, first appearances, and other general general information.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Erik

@ithinkitwasyou said:

@Erik: I didn't abuse my live edit privilege, which I earned like anyone else. Second I improved on a poorly structured profile, which I am also still in the process of editing. because the information on that particular page is still not written the way the standard comicvine structure suggests (Origin, creation, history, list of skills powers and abilities etc etc) when he copied and pasted my work onto a different bio page he could have at least put the characters real name, first appearances, and other general general information.

Based on White Mage's above post (which is extremely compelling evidence), I would say you are lying and back peddling to keep your butt out of the fire.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By dernman

wow there are some wrongs going on here

ithinkitwasyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ithinkitwasyou

@Erik: You're entitled to think what you want. I don't have to back pedal on something that I wrote.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Erik

@ithinkitwasyou said:

@Erik: You're entitled to think what you want. I don't have to back pedal on something that I wrote.

True but you should not get credit for what you did not do. And based on your own edit history, you are doing just that.

ithinkitwasyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ithinkitwasyou

@Erik: Be my guest to report it to whatever higher ups you need to. Someone else certainly doesn't deserve credit for what I wrote verbatim, and likely hasn't even read a single issue of Marada or Epic Illustrated.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Erik

@ithinkitwasyou:

Not to worry. I plan to do just that.

ithinkitwasyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ithinkitwasyou

@Erik: that's fine with me.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@ithinkitwasyou said:

@Erik: Be my guest to report it to whatever higher ups you need to. Someone else certainly doesn't deserve credit for what I wrote verbatim, and likely hasn't even read a single issue of Marada or Epic Illustrated.

I read the one with Ashake of Meroe in it.

And why have you acted this way period? I didn't flame you for becoming top editor in the Ashake(sorceress) page. This is nothing short of childish

ithinkitwasyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ithinkitwasyou

@White Mage: Because I work very hard on the wiki pages that I write. I don't just google information on the character, i go and read the issues, i scan pictures If i can't find them online,I write the bio as accurately as I can. I wouldn't have done that, therefore i don't appreciate it being done to me. Why's it seem to upset you so much, you have all these co-signers, and people patting you on the back for your "good deed" so it shouldn't be a problem.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @White Mage said:

@ithinkitwasyou said:

I read the one with Ashake of Meroe in it.

And why have you acted this way period? I didn't flame you for becoming top editor in the Ashake(sorceress) page. This is nothing short of childish

This is where I have to disagree with you, it's really beyond childish.
    ithinkitwasyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ithinkitwasyou

@TheCrowbar: the only thing you follow me. You make one obscene comment after another trolling in the forums constantly with your name calling, and rude comments, and "You people" rhetoric and you have the nerve to insinuate I'm childish. I can at least maintain a calm demeanor when addressing opinions that don't agree with mine.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@ithinkitwasyou said:

@White Mage: Because I work very hard on the wiki pages that I write. I don't just google information on the character, i go and read the issues, i scan pictures If i can't find them online,I write the bio as accurately as I can. I wouldn't have done that, therefore i don't appreciate it being done to me. Why's it seem to upset you so much, you have all these co-signers, and people patting you on the back for your "good deed" so it shouldn't be a problem.

I worked very hard on several character bios, 3 of which barely even existed until I added to them.

And, as I told you before, I DID NOT steal your stuff. Think about it.

1. Wrong character

2. Right info

3. No page for the correct character

Part of the reason why I was able to call out the fact that it was incorrect was based on my own vast knowledge of the Egyptian witch, who was the REASON WHY I JOINED THIS SITE IN THE FIRST PLACE. When you put that stuff there, it usurped my top editor spot, and it was wrong info. I didn't cry "foul". I made a new page (that was rejected 3 times, and approved twice by the same people), and sought out the mods in order to clarify how to handle it. This VERY discussion was dabbled in over a YEAR ago, when it was pointed out that it was incorrect. NO ONE DID ANYTHING ABOUT IT WITHIN THE COURSE OF A YEAR. And even then, I asked about not just YOUR points, but the other people that also played a part in making THAT character's profile. However, after you've submitted it, it's the community's job to ORGANIZE it as is needed. It's not SPITE

You received credit for your work. I received credit for moving it to its proper place.

And don't tell me about "back patting" over my "good deeds", when if you had handled yourself properly, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Before you abused your way to the top, who do you think people would look at if you said "THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS POINTS ON THIS PAGE STOLE IT FROM ME AND TOOK FULL CREDIT"? Even after I explained this to you, you seemed determined to bash my character......how did you THINK I would react? Frillz?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @White Mage
    Don't bother, any reasonable person reading this will see that you're right.  The rest of this is just baiting, you don't have anything to worry about imo.
    ithinkitwasyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ithinkitwasyou

@White Mage: 1: I have searched for anything (Scans) to indicate that these 2 characters are not the same character. the word of a member on comicvine doesn't mean much to me. I have read the Official Handbook of the marvel universe 2008. I'm looking at it right now. There is nothing to indicate on Ashake's page that she is not the same character the only reason i'm not really challenging that is because she has two separate profiles on Marvel database. When I addressed you in private messages, I figured you would respond how you responded, dismissively. You're a lot less dismissive here in public forum.

@TheCrowbar: what's a trolls favorite food?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33  Edited By Static Shock

@ithinkitwasyou: Notify moderators via PM about this issue in the future. Making a thread about it isn't necessary.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.