Comic Vine News

123 Comments

Watch the Full 'Ant-Man' Teaser Video

It's time to finally get a good look at Marvel Studios' upcoming movie!

As the premiere of Marvel's Agent Carter revealed more of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's past, the 2-hour debut also gave us a look at the evergrowing universe's future. Marvel has teased the Ant-Man teaser twice (one "ant-sized" teaser and one swift one) and now we finally get to witness the entire video. And yes, it's "human-sized." Was it worth the hype? Check it out and judge for yourself, readers!

"One question: Is it too late to change the name?" Does this teaser make you more excited about the movie? Ant-Man is directed by Peyton Reed and scheduled to open July 17.

123 Comments

Avatar image for butters911
Posted By butters911

Dope.

Avatar image for bystander
Posted By Bystander

First there was the 'ant-sized' teaser of the teaser of the teaser.

Then there was the teaser of the teaser.

And finally we've got the teaser...

A bit too much teasing I'd say :P

Avatar image for Ryagan
Posted By Ryagan

That looks....bad. Like really, really bad. As a fan of Ant-Man I had high hopes for this film.

Not really an Ant-Man fan, but I agree.

Avatar image for theblueangel93
Posted By TheBlueAngel93

I know people will judge me for saying this, and honestly I don't care, but I'm honestly more excited for this movie than Avengers: Age of Ultron. I know Avengers will be awesome, but the very idea of this movie simply puts such a HUGE smile on my face that I can't help but look forward to it.

Seriously, this movie has "One Fun Ride" written all over it.

Avatar image for leokearon
Posted By leokearon

Seems promising

Avatar image for vandinejd_1991
Posted By vandinejd_1991

This was alright. The next trailer needs to show more though: more Antman, Yellowjacket, and an epic fight between Yellowjacket and Antman. Captain America: The Winter Soldier had me sold from the first time i saw the teaser because it had all of those things for its respective characters.

Avatar image for kfabz-23
Posted By kfabz-23
Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
Posted By thatguywithheadphones

Doesn't seem as overly comical as I thought it would be.

Avatar image for awesomeperson
Posted By AwesomePerson

I like it and I want to give this a chance...

And I will!

Avatar image for starofelyon
Posted By StarOfElyon

@matthewparker: that's probably the moment he found out that his super power was to shrink to the size of an antique. Lol

Avatar image for pscully
Posted By PScully

Was it worth the hype? Nope. Not enthused about it at all.

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
Posted By thecowwasdelirious

Evangeline Lilly is hot as sheize in that hair

Avatar image for sebast_allen
Posted By Sebast_Allen

This looks great, though like other users have said, it needs to involve more action, more characters, and more SHRINKING :-D

I prefer this to what Edgar wanted, he pushed away Marvel's connectivity, this will keep the connectivity while giving us a great movie that finds the perfect balance between Guardians and The Winter soldier.

Avatar image for winter_kills
Posted By Winter_Kills

the bad: no wasp, cassie is a brunette? no big villain fight

the understanding: its a teaser so yeah. its the cinematic universe so changes are bound to happen.

the good: OH MY GODDESS THE SHRINKING!!!! never been a fan of scott (hank is the one true antman) but any antman is better than none. the tone of the film, the shots they chose, hope aka janet jr looks awesome and is going to train scott! and cassie lang aka statue, the first young avenger to make a screen debut! now just got to wait for the full trailer

This, totally agree with 100%. I'm a Hank Pym guy too, so as bummed at him not being Ant-Man. But the parts you mentioned were awesome! The shrinking effect was cool, I loved the flying ants! The costume looks awesome, can't wait to see more of Wasp in the other trailers, & Yellowjacket. I like the idea of Hank being there to train him directly, making more a legacy character out of Scott, which is a cool idea & never been done in a comic movie before. This trailer makes me more excited for the movie than I actually thought I would be when first announced. I want a Marvel Legends figure of this Ant-Man suit, like right now!

Avatar image for consafo80
Posted By consafo80

Looks good to me. I'll go see it for sure the suit looks really cool

Avatar image for theblueangel93
Posted By TheBlueAngel93

@perfect_10 said:

the bad: no wasp, cassie is a brunette? no big villain fight

the understanding: its a teaser so yeah. its the cinematic universe so changes are bound to happen.

the good: OH MY GODDESS THE SHRINKING!!!! never been a fan of scott (hank is the one true antman) but any antman is better than none. the tone of the film, the shots they chose, hope aka janet jr looks awesome and is going to train scott! and cassie lang aka statue, the first young avenger to make a screen debut! now just got to wait for the full trailer

This, totally agree with 100%. I'm a Hank Pym guy too, so as bummed at him not being Ant-Man. But the parts you mentioned were awesome! The shrinking effect was cool, I loved the flying ants! The costume looks awesome, can't wait to see more of Wasp in the other trailers, & Yellowjacket. I like the idea of Hank being there to train him directly, making more a legacy character out of Scott, which is a cool idea & never been done in a comic movie before. This trailer makes me more excited for the movie than I actually thought I would be when first announced. I want a Marvel Legends figure of this Ant-Man suit, like right now!

Also, just to throw this out there for fans of Pym, because Hank is acting as a mentor to Scott and because it appears that the "Ant-Man" mantle may have been used by Hank in the past going off of how he used the name in the trailer, it does leave the possibility of seeing a younger version of Hank as Ant-Man in flashbacks or even in a prequel/sequel movie set in the past.

If Hope is Hank and Janet's daughter as it's rumored she'll be, it does also leave the door open for Marvel to explore Hank's past as well as Janet's in the MCU. And if we know anything going off of Captain America: TFA and the recently released Agent Carter series, it's that Marvel isn't afraid of doing a period piece.

I agree about the suit as well, I'm really glad Marvel changed his suit in the comics to fit more with his movie suit as both look awesome. I too hope they make a Marvel Legends toy as well as maybe a bobble head by POP! and other figures because I'll be planning on getting them all!!! ^___^

Avatar image for hela
Posted By hela

I can't really describe it, but the trailer felt really generic and I'm really not sold at the moment. Maybe it was the voice-over, which baring the name "Ant-Man", could be applied to a dozen different trailers.

Avatar image for perfect_10
Posted By Perfect 10

@war_killer: that's my hope (no pun) that hope will become wasp to follow in her mom's footsteps and we will get a flashback of wasp and antman (hank and janet) in action

Avatar image for winter_kills
Posted By Winter_Kills

@winter_kills said:

@perfect_10 said:

the bad: no wasp, cassie is a brunette? no big villain fight

the understanding: its a teaser so yeah. its the cinematic universe so changes are bound to happen.

the good: OH MY GODDESS THE SHRINKING!!!! never been a fan of scott (hank is the one true antman) but any antman is better than none. the tone of the film, the shots they chose, hope aka janet jr looks awesome and is going to train scott! and cassie lang aka statue, the first young avenger to make a screen debut! now just got to wait for the full trailer

This, totally agree with 100%. I'm a Hank Pym guy too, so as bummed at him not being Ant-Man. But the parts you mentioned were awesome! The shrinking effect was cool, I loved the flying ants! The costume looks awesome, can't wait to see more of Wasp in the other trailers, & Yellowjacket. I like the idea of Hank being there to train him directly, making more a legacy character out of Scott, which is a cool idea & never been done in a comic movie before. This trailer makes me more excited for the movie than I actually thought I would be when first announced. I want a Marvel Legends figure of this Ant-Man suit, like right now!

Also, just to throw this out there for fans of Pym, because Hank is acting as a mentor to Scott and because it appears that the "Ant-Man" mantle may have been used by Hank in the past going off of how he used the name in the trailer, it does leave the possibility of seeing a younger version of Hank as Ant-Man in flashbacks or even in a prequel/sequel movie set in the past.

If Hope is Hank and Janet's daughter as it's rumored she'll be, it does also leave the door open for Marvel to explore Hank's past as well as Janet's in the MCU. And if we know anything going off of Captain America: TFA and the recently released Agent Carter series, it's that Marvel isn't afraid of doing a period piece.

I agree about the suit as well, I'm really glad Marvel changed his suit in the comics to fit more with his movie suit as both look awesome. I too hope they make a Marvel Legends toy as well as maybe a bobble head by POP! and other figures because I'll be planning on getting them all!!! ^___^

Oh man, I agree, I'll buy any kind of figures/merchandise that have this Ant-Man look! It just looks so awesome, updated yet with those classic touches that let you know it's Ant-Man. I also love that the regular MU is changing his look to reflect that too, his suit really needed that update, & I'm really excited about the new series, actually.

I agree, I think there is a possibility of seeing a younger Hank Pym as Ant-Man, & Janet Van Dyne as Wasp, which would be really cool. Didn't they mention that they would be showing flashback scenes like that when Wright was helming the film? Not sure, maybe I was hoping for it & misheard it, but man I hope they do. That would be so awesome & build on that history, & as a Hank Pym fan I'd be happy about that. But I do get this legacy character feel from the teaser that I really like, with Hank being more of a mentor to Scott, so that will be cool. You're right, Marvel definitely isn't afraid to do period pieces(loving Agent Carter so far), & it would be awesome to see late '60s/70s-era flashbacks with Hank as Ant-Man & Janet as Wasp. It'd be cool because they'd be the first super-heroes in the post-50s-era in the MCU, precursors to Iron Man & many of the other Avengers(ex. Cap, of course.) And it'd be a lil nod because Hank Pym was a very early Marvel character, in "The Man in the Ant Hill", then after Stan & Jack's success with the FF they made Pym Ant-Man, making him one of Silver Age Marvel's earliest super-hero creations.

I do like Scott Lang though, I have his first appearances in Marvel Premiere(awesome story, glad to see touches of it here with Cassie), & I fondly remember him helping IM out in a lot of the Michelinie/Layton issues, inc. Demon in a Bottle & Armor Wars. I even remember his stint with the FF(he was a pretty good stand-in for Reed, actually). He's a likable character with a great backstory, I just preferred Pym in all his identities. But, the movie & the new series is making me o back in my collection & appreciate Scott a lil' more. (Need to pick up more of Fraction's Future Foundation with him in it to catch up, shame on me, I know!) I think it has the potential for a great film & I have a feeling that like GOTG, it's going to surprise a lot of naysayers.

And I've said it before & I'll say it again: the shrinking effects are AWESOME. (I wonder if we'll get any hints of the reverse, the enlarging effects of the Pym particles, a la Giant-Man? That would be cool too.)

Avatar image for theblueangel93
Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@perfect_10: I feel like we could see that at some point, if not in this movie than hopefully in a sequel. I think Marvel knows that some fans aren't happy that Hank isn't going to be Ant-Man in this movie, so I can see them fixing that by either exploring Hank's past in a sequel or at least showing us a flashback of when he was the original Ant-Man.

As for Hope, while I don't see her becoming Wasp in this movie as it will most likely focus on Scott and Hank and the whole building of their world, I do see her becoming Wasp in a sequel and it could be then that we see more information with Janet. I'm sure she'll be mentioned at some point in this movie, but I could see them leaving stuff out simply so they can use it as something to further explore and expand upon in the future.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
Posted By deactivated-5c9535a734784

Superb. Can't wait for This.

Avatar image for flazam
Posted By flazam

@bigl said:

Still not sold on it. Hopefully we get a better trailer because this just looks "okay" to me

Avatar image for theblueangel93
Posted By TheBlueAngel93

@winter_kills: Yeah, I greatly disliked the look he had while on the Future Foundation and his new suit that he's sporting in his new series looks awesome. I could actually see Marvel doing a Legends figure with him alongside The Avengers, maybe having his figure have a piece of Ultron or something which would actually be a bit ironic. lol

Awesome points on Hank being one of this universe's first superheroes, they could even tie him into the early days of S.H.I.E.L.D. which Pym possibly helping them out as Ant-Man. Other than what we're seeing in Agent Carter, S.H.I.E.L.D.'s history between the 1940s and the present are pretty much open to have whatever stories Marvel wants, so there's another idea and one that would connect Ant-Man to the rest of the MCU.

Well the thing I like about Scott is that he's that underdog kind of character that you want to see succeed. I think that's probably what drew Marvel to pick him as the lead Ant-Man over Hank as Scott could be seen as more relatable due to him having to fight for his daughter and due to his personal, real-life issues like being divorced and what-not. But going along with the flashback ideas, we could still see Hank's past and seeing things like his mental breakdown and anger issues explored. Heck, that could be one of the reasons why we've seen very little information of Janet from the movie as it's possible that something went down between the two, maybe even a movie adaptations of the infamous back-hand that Hank is sadly known most for.

Personally I hope they stick with the name "Ant-Man" as like we saw in the trailer, at first glance it seems like a poor choice for a name, but when you see him in action you actually start to buy the idea that this is actually a serious character. It would be cool to see them reference the "Giant-Man" identity, maybe having Scott find himself at the mercy of the villain, which causes him to use the Pym Particles to grow into a giant, giving him the advantage he needed.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Posted By Jonny_Anonymous

Bearing in mind that I'm not going to see this film anyway but I think this trailer is pretty bad.

Avatar image for mazahs117
Posted By MAZAHS117

I liked it. Would like to see Yellow Jacket next!

Avatar image for perfect_10
Posted By Perfect 10

@war_killer: i watched the trailer 5 times and will watch a bunch more later but i have this feeling/theory. what if antman has his own little universe going. not saying the avengers dont exist in it but with the defenders team on netflix what if antman creates his own team ala avengers west coast. would be a great way to bring characters like spider-woman, tigra, she-hulk, moon knight, etc. and wasp and antman would still be founding members just of a different avengers team. i mean the main avengers is getting pretty crowded

Avatar image for claymore1998
Posted By Claymore1998
Avatar image for sbyrstall
Posted By sbyrstall

@bigl said:

Still not sold on it. Hopefully we get a better trailer because this just looks "okay" to me

I agree. It was enough to pull me in but since it nothing more than the Ant Man suit narrating with quick shots it wasn't enough to wet my appetite.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
Edited By superior_prime_maybe

After GOG and Winter Soldier, this movie has huge expectations

Avatar image for jewishdork
Posted By JewishDork

Was watching the trailer with my baby boomer father. He hated the name Ant-Man and loved it when Paul Rudd mocked the name at the end of it. I really liked the trailer but I miss the classic Ant-Man helmet. Seeing him shrunk and interacting with the ants instantly reminded me of the movie Honey I Shrunk the Kids.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
Posted By amazing_webhead
Avatar image for theprez
Posted By ThePRez

imagine if they played the mac and me trailer insted of the real trailer

Avatar image for ghostpiratex
Posted By GhostPirateX

I wasn't feeling it, but it was only a teaser.

Avatar image for comicsdude
Posted By comicsdude

Just goes to prove that it's not the size, but what you do with it that matters.

...That's what she said...

Avatar image for asjmooney
Posted By asjmooney

Trailer looks great and I will 100% be seeing it but I feel there has been little hype about this. Prior to guardians release everyone was debating how lesser know heroes will get non-comic fans into seats at the cinema. I think this is even more so the case with Ant Man however at this point i'm so confident in the Marvel style' now that I have no doubt it will be a huge success.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Posted By Knightsofdarkness2

Looks pretty cool.

Avatar image for zearing
Posted By Zearing

It was a good trailer. Not quite what I was expecting, but still good.

And for all the Pym fans out there, don't worry. From what I've heard, Pym will have been active in the 60's as Ant-Man, serving as some sort of spy for the S.S.R. during the Cold War if I remember correctly. And there are supposed to be some major flashbacks to that during the movie.

Avatar image for rustyroy
Posted By RustyRoy

Nice.

Avatar image for hydeparkswag
Posted By HydeParkSwag

"I'll probably pass on this one..."

No you won't. Just like every other member of this site, you'll see any comic book movie ever made.

And I'll be right there with you.

Avatar image for zackattack93
Posted By zackattack93

After credits scene:......wasp!

Avatar image for the_average_bear
Posted By The Average Bear
Avatar image for dotwilson
Posted By dotwilson

I am so excited for this movie, its unreal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
Posted By deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

"I'll probably pass on this one..."

No you won't. Just like every other member of this site, you'll see any comic book movie ever made.

And I'll be right there with you.

Agree.

Avatar image for foreverman
Posted By ForeverMan

Stoked for this. Trailer is meh, but so was GotG's.

Avatar image for kantrip
Posted By kantrip

I'm in.

Avatar image for the_thaumaturge
Posted By The_Thaumaturge

The only way I see this working is if it's a comedy (like GotG). Because a serious movie called 'Ant-Man' is too hilarious for me.

Avatar image for black_arrow
Posted By Black_Arrow

I didn´t like it. But I like that there is a chance that Hank Pym was the Ant man before. It seems to me like Batman Beyond but with Hank Pym and Scott Lang.

Avatar image for donfelipe
Posted By DonFelipe

"I'll probably pass on this one..."

No you won't. Just like every other member of this site, you'll see any comic book movie ever made.

And I'll be right there with you.

Absolutely not... on all 3 accounts!