Comic Vine News

35 Comments

Preview: EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #1

Storm is putting together a new team of X-Men.

No Caption Provided

EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #1

(W) Jeff Lemire (A/CA) Humberto Ramos

The fate of mutantkind is decided here! Staring down the threat of extinction once more, veteran X-Man Storm pulls together the team she'll need to ensure her race's survival. Together, these EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN will struggle with the familiar burden of being hated and feared, while facing threats the likes of which they've never seen. Here's hoping they survive the experience!

RATED T+

Item Code: AUG150752In Shops: 11/4/2015SRP: $4.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

35 Comments

Avatar image for the_stegman
the_stegman

41831

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

the_stegman  Moderator

Wait, didn't Xavier die?...again?

Avatar image for bigggheadtj
BIGGGHEADTJ

88

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wait, didn't Xavier die?...again?

yes he did

Avatar image for niklasross
niklasross

8

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@the_stegman said:

Wait, didn't Xavier die?...again?

yes he did

Did everyone forget that all these number 1 issues are coming out eight months post Secret Wars, and that the destruction and reconstruction of all the marvel universes makes everything fair game? Tons of characters are gonna be back from the dead these next few months, and tons are going to be missing. People need to realize that while these stories are continuations of previous stories the status quo of the world is completely changed, which includes who is alive and dead.

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
victorcheenoanleu

330

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

NO! NO GOD NO! PLEASE NO!

Avatar image for dernman
dernman

32845

Forum Posts

10092

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Edited By dernman

@the_stegman: He could just be a memory she's talking to. You know how sometimes in tv when one characters talking to someone who's passed but really to themselves they show the image of that person how they most remember them.

Avatar image for elam1999
elam1999

61

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Isn't this like the second or third time that Xavier came back to life?

Avatar image for twofacedjoker
TwoFacedJoker

370

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 313

User Lists: 3

@dernman: That's how I was reading it. The lighting and reflective nature of her statements and the fact that he didn't talk at all, not to mention the lighting around him, all point to this being in her head. Keep in mind that this is a preview, made to sell copies. They only showed us just enough for people to assume when he's alive, and while it is a possibility, I doubt it.

Avatar image for galactic_1000
Galactic_1000

5985

Forum Posts

24

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Great.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

9237

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ramos art is so unappealing and probably be the reason I skip this book.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

609

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm in denial a part of me believes that if Xavier was being revived it would be with more fan fare, I mean he's the founder of the X-Men and the main reason Cyclops feel down the slippery slope that he did.

Avatar image for koays
Koays

19720

Forum Posts

85

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Or its a hologram/hallucination.

Avatar image for bl00dwerk
Bl00dwerK

958

Forum Posts

24

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Bl00dwerK

At least 'Roro is admitting what an idiot she's been. Too bad she's a day late and a dollar short...

Avatar image for rabumalal
RabumAlal

5733

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is Colossus beard also steel? Will Ororo cosy up to Old Man Logan?

Avatar image for tximinoman
tximinoman

331

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@bigggheadtj said:
@the_stegman said:

Wait, didn't Xavier die?...again?

yes he did

Did everyone forget that all these number 1 issues are coming out eight months post Secret Wars, and that the destruction and reconstruction of all the marvel universes makes everything fair game? Tons of characters are gonna be back from the dead these next few months, and tons are going to be missing. People need to realize that while these stories are continuations of previous stories the status quo of the world is completely changed, which includes who is alive and dead.

it kind of don't though. They aren't rebooting the universes, however Secret Wars ends, however they rebuild the universe (multiverse maybe?) it's not going to be like nothing that already has happened happen. They can add some things from different universes (like Miles Morales or Old Man Logan) but they can't undo what was done. Maybe this is a Xavier from a different universe or maybe it's just Ororo's imagination (or maybe he's a simulated version of Xavier made by the Danger Room -something like what Psylocke used to use in Uncanny X-Force to talk to her brother) but there's no way this is "resurrected 616 Xavier".

Avatar image for deactivated-631e24ed8198c
deactivated-631e24ed8198c

43

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Since they did what they did with Scott, please let Ororo be the queen she deserves to be. I hope they don't use it alongside Charles (again?) as a character development plot.

Avatar image for mrkareemruiz
mrkareemruiz

477

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

great art

Avatar image for kcomicfan
kcomicfan

4690

Forum Posts

33

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

This book looks great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

12864

Forum Posts

205

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@rabumalal: Yes, his beard turns to metal when he transforms.

Lemire mentioned that he would address Storm and Logan's relationship, but I doubt they'll hook up. She doesn't have time for that, and Logan is way too messed up.

Avatar image for dankhan6
dan12456

3006

Forum Posts

602

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ugh this just looks like such an Inhumans rip off ;)

Avatar image for liveforever
LiveForever

397

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@dernman: That's how I was reading it. The lighting and reflective nature of her statements and the fact that he didn't talk at all, not to mention the lighting around him, all point to this being in her head. Keep in mind that this is a preview, made to sell copies. They only showed us just enough for people to assume when he's alive, and while it is a possibility, I doubt it.

This.

Avatar image for blinkshot
Blinkshot

38

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I do imagine that being that the realities have been merged and reborn as regular status quo all characters are in play if a writer should want them, but i'm banking on this being a hologram.

Avatar image for thanostomp
ThanoStomp

890

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ThanoStomp

That cover of Magik is..... weird. Upper and lower body with plasticman for a waist.

Avatar image for lebefrei
lebefrei

39

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Maybe Prof X has become a (still dead) psychic presence tied directly to the school. Kind of like a haunting, but specifically because of his immense psychic power and intense attachment to said school.

Avatar image for antihero_jaymok
Antihero_Jaymok

129

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@niklasross said:
@bigggheadtj said:
@the_stegman said:

Wait, didn't Xavier die?...again?

yes he did

Did everyone forget that all these number 1 issues are coming out eight months post Secret Wars, and that the destruction and reconstruction of all the marvel universes makes everything fair game? Tons of characters are gonna be back from the dead these next few months, and tons are going to be missing. People need to realize that while these stories are continuations of previous stories the status quo of the world is completely changed, which includes who is alive and dead.

it kind of don't though. They aren't rebooting the universes, however Secret Wars ends, however they rebuild the universe (multiverse maybe?) it's not going to be like nothing that already has happened happen. They can add some things from different universes (like Miles Morales or Old Man Logan) but they can't undo what was done. Maybe this is a Xavier from a different universe or maybe it's just Ororo's imagination (or maybe he's a simulated version of Xavier made by the Danger Room -something like what Psylocke used to use in Uncanny X-Force to talk to her brother) but there's no way this is "resurrected 616 Xavier".

This is sort of the problem I have with Marvel at the moment (i'm over the "old" problems I had with them). Because of Secret Wars, I have no idea who's who, what's what, what's real, who's real, what happened, what was erased, who's alive, who's dead, who's missing, who's good, who's bad... And it seems rather PERFECT from a marketing perspective, because the only way to find all of these things out is to buy EVERY MARVEL ISSUE COMING OUT NOW. Not that i'll do that, of course; most just don't appeal to me anymore. Which is sad, because I love Marvel Heroes over DC or Valiant, and always have.

Avatar image for noctum
Noctum

215

Forum Posts

22

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@tximinoman said:
@niklasross said:
@bigggheadtj said:
@the_stegman said:

Wait, didn't Xavier die?...again?

yes he did

Did everyone forget that all these number 1 issues are coming out eight months post Secret Wars, and that the destruction and reconstruction of all the marvel universes makes everything fair game? Tons of characters are gonna be back from the dead these next few months, and tons are going to be missing. People need to realize that while these stories are continuations of previous stories the status quo of the world is completely changed, which includes who is alive and dead.

it kind of don't though. They aren't rebooting the universes, however Secret Wars ends, however they rebuild the universe (multiverse maybe?) it's not going to be like nothing that already has happened happen. They can add some things from different universes (like Miles Morales or Old Man Logan) but they can't undo what was done. Maybe this is a Xavier from a different universe or maybe it's just Ororo's imagination (or maybe he's a simulated version of Xavier made by the Danger Room -something like what Psylocke used to use in Uncanny X-Force to talk to her brother) but there's no way this is "resurrected 616 Xavier".

This is sort of the problem I have with Marvel at the moment (i'm over the "old" problems I had with them). Because of Secret Wars, I have no idea who's who, what's what, what's real, who's real, what happened, what was erased, who's alive, who's dead, who's missing, who's good, who's bad... And it seems rather PERFECT from a marketing perspective, because the only way to find all of these things out is to buy EVERY MARVEL ISSUE COMING OUT NOW. Not that i'll do that, of course; most just don't appeal to me anymore. Which is sad, because I love Marvel Heroes over DC or Valiant, and always have.

Yes, all this

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

5695

Forum Posts

7029

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

This is sort of the problem I have with Marvel at the moment (i'm over the "old" problems I had with them). Because of Secret Wars, I have no idea who's who, what's what, what's real, who's real, what happened, what was erased, who's alive, who's dead, who's missing, who's good, who's bad...

..you mean like everyone is when they first start reading them?

I dunno.. I think there's actually something really appealing about that. I mean, if everything's re-starting with a new first issue, it means you probably don't have to/aren't meant to know the status quo of everything.. to me that just seems way more intriguing..

Avatar image for bumburger
BumBurger

142

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Xavier is pretty much fucking immortal at this point holy shit -_- lol

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

13013

Forum Posts

10081

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Ultimate_Knight

@bumburger said:

Xavier is pretty much f**king immortal at this point holy shit -_- lol

Better.

Avatar image for hiddeninhell
hiddeninhell

47

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is it just me or is the perspective on Xavier kind of weird ? Like the bottom of his wheelchair being almost level with Ororo's desk.

I wouldn't say its a certainty yet but to me that's pretty solid evidence for the hologram idea.

Avatar image for derf_jenkins
derf_jenkins

757

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By derf_jenkins

I love lemire, but wasn't overly impressed with JLU or JLD really either. Maybe team books isn't really his thing. I also have pretty much given up on enjoying marvel. The events are too much for me. I wish everyone did events like valiant does.

Avatar image for waezi2
waezi2

27633

Forum Posts

14527

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

What's up with their hair?

Avatar image for modsbehating
modsbehating

543

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@niklasross: well if only they made the books in order so it makes freaking sense

Avatar image for modsbehating
modsbehating

543

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

still salty that they crossed off cyclops seems like he staying down too

Avatar image for maaask12
maaask12

461

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Holy crap....Xavier is back. This is going to be very interesting. Storm has hold it down all this time for charles. No wonder he chosen her to lead. Does he know something about storm that she doen't know about.