Beginning Thursday, March 3rd, Marvel Games will be releasing new characters and content featuring Marvel’s “Women of Power” across its portfolio of mobile, console, handheld, and PC game titles. The event coincides with Marvel Publishing’s “Women of Power” initiative, which will feature 25 new comic covers for Marvel’s most popular female characters. Additionally, new consumer product lines celebrating these iconic Super Heroes will launch in March and continue throughout spring and summer.
“Marvel’s ‘Women of Power’ event celebrates some of the most popular heroes and villains in the Marvel Universe, bringing them together in a unique way for the first time,” said Peter Phillips, EVP/GM, Interactive and Digital Distribution, Marvel Entertainment. “By featuring these stories and characters throughout a single month, we’ve lined up one the most exciting events in the history of Marvel games.”
Details on some the Super Heroes, Super Villains, and content being released during the “Women of Power” event include:
- LEGO Marvel’s Avengers (Console and Handheld): LEGO Marvel’s Avengers is releasing a new pack of downloadable content later this month that will add to the roster of over 100 characters. This pack features one of Marvel’s most powerful Super Heroes, Captain Marvel, alongside fan favorite characters Moonstone and the Super Villain Poundcakes.
- Marvel Contest of Champions (Mobile Game): In the latest update for Marvel Contest of Champions, fans will need to battle through a new event quest featuring Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) and will be able to enhance their team with some of the greatest female Super Heroes, including She-Hulk, X-23, and Ms. Marvel herself.
- Marvel Avengers Academy (Mobile Game): Players enroll, build, and run Avengers Academy – the ultimate Super Hero school for a very exclusive group of students in Marvel Avengers Academy. This March, several all-new female heroes will be joining the student body of the Academy during a special event.
- Marvel Puzzle Quest (Mobile Game): Marvel Puzzle Quest, the best in match-3 puzzle gameplay, will be releasing brand new “Women of Power” variant comic covers featuring their top female characters.
- Marvel Future Fight (Mobile Game): In Marvel Future Fight players will be able to engage in a brand new game event featuring Proxima Midnight, a member of Thanos’ Black Order and one of his most powerful generals. This is in addition to the already wide roster of female Super Heroes, including Black Widow, Thor (Jane Foster), Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), and Spider-Gwen.
- Spider-Man Unlimited (Mobile Game): Spider-Man Unlimited features content from over 50 years of comic lore, including more than 30 playable Spider-Man characters. Fans will now enjoy more web-slinging, running, and dashing with a special event featuring notable Spider-Women including Silk.
- Marvel Heroes 2016 (PC Game): Written by the critically acclaimed comic-scribe, Brian Michael Bendis, Marvel Heroes 2016 is an online action RPG from the creative visionaries behind Diablo and Diablo II. In the latest installment to this game, players will be able to team up with fan favorite Rescue and earn an enhanced power costume for American Dream.
Marvel’s “Women of Power” Month will also see the launch of new product lines celebrating Marvel's female Super Heroes. These leading ladies of the Marvel Universe made an impact with fans when new figures, playsets, role play and collectibles were revealed at New York Toy Fair last month. Iconic characters including Black Widow – soon to be seen in the upcoming film, Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War – were shown in a variety of sizes and categories, along with classic Marvel Comics characters such as Captain Marvel, Silk, Gamora, Spider-Gwen, Kitty Pryde and more
Comic Vine News53 Comments
Marvel Honors the "Women of Marvel" in Video Games
Last updated by Mat 'Inferiorego' Elfring on
During March, Marvel honors some of their greatest female heroes in their games.