The second installment of C2E2 has come and passed. It was a great convention. It was a blast. I only wish I didn't have remnants of my sickness from last week (that was the inspiration for that one article) that drained my energy pretty quickly. I need to thank Mat 'Inferiorego' Elfring for being my camera guy, driver and object of teasing and blame. Of course Tom Pinchuk was there, mostly doing signing for some book he wrote.
The good news is, there is actually some more coverage coming!
== TEASER ==
If you want to see some of Mat on camera, you'll be able to see some Mat and Tom footage after a little challenge was made. Just bear with me. I just got done editing these interviews and will get to that footage asap. And I hear you guys like those Off THEIR Mind videos. I did some and will start rolling those out soon as well. If you're bummed that Sara couldn't make it into any of the videos, we do have WonderCon coming up in just a couple weeks.
Now in case you're not aware what made it up so far, here's a run down of what you can check out to get a sense of what C2E2 was about:
- Lots of COSPLAY pics. I probably spent more time chasing after them than I did doing interviews. If you like them, send the link to your friends and family. http://www.comicvine.com/news/c2e2-2011-cosplay-pictures/142911/
- I sat in on the FEAR ITSELF panel and wrote up what was said. http://www.comicvine.com/news/c2e2-2011-fear-itself-panel/142912/
- Cup of Joe gave us some answers on new creative teams and we got to see footage of the upcoming Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon! http://www.comicvine.com/news/c2e2-2011-cup-of-joe-panel/142913/
What about INTERVIEWS?
- Matt Fraction talked about FEAR ITSELF, Thor, Iron Man and didn't threaten to punch me in the Dick Grayson. http://www.comicvine.com/c2e2-2011-matt-fraction/112-1459/
- Dennis Calero talked about Devil Inside, his JLA Giant-Sized story, Martian Chronicles, Krull (the movie) and of course, hair care. http://www.comicvine.com/c2e2-2011-dennis-calero/112-1462/
- Scott Snyder shared a lot of information on the upcoming American Vampire stories. http://www.comicvine.com/c2e2-2011-scott-snyder-part-1-american-vampire/112-1461/
- Scott also gave loads of information on Detective Comics, James Gordon Jr, the crowbar, Dick and Barbara and the upcoming Gates of Gotham miniseries. http://www.comicvine.com/c2e2-2011-scott-snyder-part-2-batman/112-1465/
- Gail Simone talked about Huntress and Catman going on a date, Bane trying to go on a date, teased a little about her secret project with Ethan Van Sciver and addressed the Cassandra Cain and Lady Shiva question. http://www.comicvine.com/c2e2-2011-gail-simone/112-1460/
- Phil Hester talked about Firebreather and whether or not we might see more on Cartoon Network, taking over Wonder Woman from JMS, Godzilla and the Darkness. http://www.comicvine.com/c2e2-2011-phil-hester/112-1464/
- Nick Spencer talked about Secret Avengers (including whether or not Moon Knight and War Machine will stay on the team), Iron Man 2.0 and Morning Glories. http://www.comicvine.com/c2e2-2011-nick-spencer/112-1463/
Here's some random shots from the floor to get an idea of how many people were there on Saturday.
Here's some images from Marvel's Next Big Thing panel on Sunday. Images from The Iron Age by Rob Williams and Rebekah Isaacs (Earth gets destroyed by Dark Phoenix and heroes like Avengers, Fantastic Four and Captain Britain from different eras join Iron Man). Supreme Power four issue miniseries by Kyle Higgins and artist Manuel Garcia. Incredible Hulk: Heart of the Monster by Greg Pak beginning with Incredible Hulk #630. And Black Panther: Storm Hunter beginning in Black Panther #519 involving Kraven the Hunter.
What about the Mystery Men? Remember that teaser? The five-issue miniseries will introduce us to Marvel's never-before-seen pulp heroes in 1932 New York City. It will be written by award winning historical thriller novelist David Liss with art by acclaimed artist Patrick Zircher.
Hopefully you enjoyed the coverage. Let us know what you think. Again, there will be a little more of Mat and Tom's shenanigans as well as the Off THEIR Minds videos. Now I need to recover in time for WonderCon on April 1st.