Follow

Artemis

Character » Artemis appears in 441 issues.

Artemis is the Shim'Tar (greatest warrior) of the Egyptian Amazons of Bana-Mighdall. For a short time, she also held the title of Wonder Woman. Currently, she is teamed up with The Outlaws.

Tendency for negativity?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Outside_85

I was just wondering if i was the only one who's noticed that Artemis seems to be portrayed generally in a somewhat negative light? 

Like she didn't really win anyone over (in comics) as Wonder Woman (besides Diana when she died). 
    During Gail's run on WW it was a bit of a mess where Diana herself didn't know if she was being a friend or not when she visited her in prison.  
    In the current story, look who gets ressurected as a bitter creature out for revenge? (though she comes to her sense). 
    And while i don't want to spoil WW and the Furies #1 for those who haven't read it yet...well lets just say Artie definitely isn't a positive force in the book.  

Know this might be in her character to be more hard-lined than Diana, but no one bats and eye at how say Bruce gets some of his information. But isn't it a bit much that Artemis seems to be the auto-choice for writers when they are looking for an not-quite-evil-but-maybe-is-evil amazon?

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

She is a bitch

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.