Follow

Arrow

Series »

Thought to be dead after a catastrophe at sea, Oliver Queen returns to Starling City a changed man, determined to fight injustice as a hooded vigilante who comes to be known as The Arrow. Based on DC Comics' Green Arrow franchise.

Vinnie Jones Cast as Brick in 'Arrow'

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
    No Caption Provided

The cast ofArrow's third season continues to grow! Ray Palmer, Ra's al Ghul, Wildcat, Cupid, and others are set to play a role in upcoming episodes, and now the show's adding Danny "Brick" Brickwell to its world! In the comics, Brick's a very durable crime boss and the CW show will have him played by actor Vinnie Jones. It looks like he won't just be a villain-of-the-week, either. According to Variety, the foe will show his face in episodes 10, 11 and 12.

No Caption Provided

Will they give the actor any makeup so it looks like he has rougher skin or will they grant him some degree of invulnerability? Or maybe he'll just be a really, really tough dude with a high pain tolerance? No matter how they adapt the character, I'm sure many of us can agree that Jones is a solid choice if you need an intimidating villain. Are you excited to see Jones join the cast or do you think Season 3's getting a little too crowded? Share your thoughts with the world in the comments section below.

Source: Variety

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Yeah, I could see that working.

DazzHardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By DazzHardy

"I'm the juggernaut, Brick!"

I'll get my coat

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By longbowhunter

Brick was probably my favorite villain from Winick's run.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

@dazzhardy: Damn, I made a similar joke elsewhere. You beat me to it here though.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By johnny_blaze

Great casting choice. Bring on Red Dart & Killer Moth!!!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Cool

KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Look forward to it. Hopefully Lauren wont be annoying anymore.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Finally getting to GA actual villains.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@nightfang: They also had Drakon, Merlyn, and Clock King.

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
    MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can allready see the people at Tumblr talking about withe-whashing an African character

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NightFang3
    @guardiandevil83 said:

Drakon was killed in the pilot and Clock King is dying of a disease. My point is they should have all been in season 1 and grow into bigger threats in season 2 or 3.

@marcosvergara14 said:

I can allready see the people at Tumblr talking about withe-whashing an African character

They wouldn't be wrong.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Stay away from Tumblr.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By slade_wilson

@dazzhardy: Hey, I thought it was kinda funny

I must say I am irked that he has been whitewashed, very unfortunate

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

It's so disappointing that Drakon was a throwaway character.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: @nightfang: And they just used Komodo. And of course Count Vertigo.

@keroga: You mean Laurel?

@marcosvergara14: Yeah! It doesn't make sense to me either. Usually they take a white character and make that character black in other media interpretations. And they just did that with Komodo. But this is the reverse. I don't appreciate either.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

"I'm the Brick, bitch!"

MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MarcosVergara14

@nightfang said:
    @guardiandevil83 said:

Drakon was killed in the plot and Clock King is dying of a disease. My point is they should have all been in season 1 and grow into bigger threats in season 2 or 3.

It's getting really annoying how the Arrow writters treat Green Arrow rouges like lame-a$$ villians, Count Veritgo season 1 a bad Joker rip-off, Count Vertigo Season 3 a Scarecrow rip-off, Merlyn "I hate you beacuse your mother doesn't love me", Komodo a crying baby over his mommy.

And who are they using for the big bad in this season instead of an iconic GA villian Ra's Al Ghul, beacuse brooding Oliver and mentioning the League of Assassins every five minutes aren't enough Batman nods.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinnie Jones is tougher than Brick so this isn't a problem.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Vinnie Jones! Ahahaha

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

!!!!!

Onomatopeia please....

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By MakkyD

Nice! Love Vinnie Jones, he was brilliant in Snatch (then again, so was everything in that film).

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

COOL COOL COOL.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its appropriate as he and everyone else in the cast have as much acting talent as a "Brick".

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm sure this wont go unaddressed by the PC police. Both the Flash and Arrow are playing fast and loose with the race of characters. We have a black Komodo and a white Brick, (shrug)...whatever.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@maccyd said:

Nice! Love Vinnie Jones, he was brilliant in Snatch (then again, so was everything in that film).

Love me some Snatch...

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightfang said:
    @guardiandevil83 said:

Drakon was killed in the plot and Clock King is dying of a disease. My point is they should have all been in season 1 and grow into bigger threats in season 2 or 3.

It's getting really annoying how the Arrow writters treat Green Arrow rouges like lame-a$$ villians, Count Veritgo season 1 a bad Joker rip-off, Count Vertigo Season 3 a Scarecrow rip-off, Merlyn "I hate you beacuse your mother doesn't love me", Komodo a crying baby over his mommy.

And who are they using for the big bad in this season instead of an iconic GA villian Ra's Al Ghul, beacuse brooding Oliver and mentioning the League of Assassins every five minutes aren't enough Batman nods.

What other iconic GA villains are there left to be used as a big bad for the season? And how was season 1's Count Vertigo Joker-ish?

MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MarcosVergara14

@deathstroke52 said:

@marcosvergara14 said:

@nightfang said:
    @guardiandevil83 said:

What other iconic GA villains are there left to be used as a big bad for the season? And how was season 1's Count Vertigo Joker-ish?

As i said they used GA biggest villians in freak of the week formula and they wasted them. And he was Joker-ish in the way "i'm so crazy that i'm mad", c'mon the count is Oliver greatest foe he even had his own issue in the Forever Evil and they treat him like that now Count Vertigo 2.0 uses Vertigo to put Oliver against his "greatest fears" doesn't that sound a little like scarecrow...

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke52 said:

@marcosvergara14 said:

@nightfang said:
    @guardiandevil83 said:

As i said they used GA biggest villians in freak of the week formula and they wasted them. And he was Joker-ish in the way "i'm so crazy that i'm mad", c'mon the count is Oliver greatest foe he even had his own issue in the Forever Evil and they treat him like that now Count Vertigo 2.0 uses Vertigo to put Oliver against his "greatest fears" doesn't that sound a little like scarecrow...

Yeah the 2nd Count Vertigo is a little Scarecrow-ish, I'll agree

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By batmite1995

Brick using mirakuru will be cool

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcosvergara14: I mean I can see your point with the use of batman villains but if you expect to see Merlyn your going to have to tackle Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins at some point. Otherwise whats the point of having Merlyn. I understand Ra's started in Batman but If you want to be technical Im pretty sure Count Vertigo started in Wonder Woman. But I do agree with you about how they have written Count Vertigo though..I was disappointed both times he was introduced.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Edstone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of Vinnie Jones' finest moments of his soccer career...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/12/06/vinnie-jones-paul-gascoigne-photographer_n_4397170.html

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27 said:

@nightfang: It's not like he has a whole list.

That makes it even worse because the shows has villains of the week.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@maccyd said:

Love me some Snatch...

Should have predicted this.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sasquatch888
    @kilowog52 said:

@guardiandevil83: @nightfang: And they just used Komodo. And of course Count Vertigo.

@keroga: You mean Laurel?

@marcosvergara14: Yeah! It doesn't make sense to me either. Usually they take a white character and make that character black in other media interpretations. And they just did that with Komodo. But this is the reverse. I don't appreciate either.

who cares what race the charecters are? they've been mixing things up race wise in the show to the point where its a non issue in my opinion ...whats more important is that there is diversity in these dc shows in general and they've been using villans and heroes from the comics and decent actors with backgrounds in action. i'm a minority by the way (latino with some african american ) and i'm loving vinnie jones in this role ...just the use a legit tough guy strong man type actor like vinnie jones is great to me . .he'll adapt the role to make it his own ...i just think of it as a seperate continuity and i appreciate the story some people are different from the comic sometimes better and sometimes worse but always different ...just look at the arrow he's different from green arrow in the comic but still cool in his own right ...and i'm not dissing anybody's opinion just giving a different take on the race issue..i'm just saying some of the main charecters have been minorities or from a different ethnicity or background in the show as well as the flash and i dont think DC is bias in any way ...has anyone complained that slade has an australian accent ? ...se what i mean ,,,its all objective

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.