Follow

Arrow

Series »

Thought to be dead after a catastrophe at sea, Oliver Queen returns to Starling City a changed man, determined to fight injustice as a hooded vigilante who comes to be known as The Arrow. Based on DC Comics' Green Arrow franchise.

The 'Arrow' Season 4 Trailer Has Arrived

• 111 results
    GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@batwatch: Since the character is called Curtis Holt (not Michael Holt), he will most likely be Mister Terrific the same way Sara Lance was the (Black) Canary.

Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Came here for some Constantine.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Is Diggle going to become Guardian? That's all I can imagine with that helmet.

Orlandozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Felicity ruined the trailer although the trailer was not so good either and i hope see Helena in this Season

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looking good so far.

1. I see Constantine and Star City

2. I see my girls, Black Canary and Speedy

3. I see my girl Nyssa fighting Malcolm

4. Damien Darhk already seems cool

5. Crazy eyed Thea is intriguing

6. Felicity seems funny again

7. Curtis Holt seems interesting

8. Sara Lance's return

However, Diggle's helmet...

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the better the show gets, the more comicvine hates it. Typical.

TheDarkPacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By TheDarkPacman

Why are they trying to make him Batman? I swear this show is stripping Green Arrow of his identity. I mean, they don't even call him Green Arrow (I refuse to call him "the Arrow". It's dumb. "The Hood" sounded cooler). In the beginning, we had awesome flashback scenes that delved into what made him who he was, as well as explain why and how he does what he does. But in season 3's dumb "Hong Kong Adventures", we basically just sit around waiting for the kid to die. So without those being any good, what's left for the Green Arrow character?

The show tries to make him "the one Ras thinks deserves to be his successor". Since when? Ras gives a crap about Oliver Queen? Because of one fight? (which was intense, i admit, but come on. theres no way he survived that). What qualities does Oliver possess to lead a literal League of Assassin's? The reason Ras "respects" Bruce is because of his intellect, cunning, and multitude of other skills that Oliver doesn't possess. What did he see in Oliver? I have no clue.

Now, all of a sudden, Oliver is "the reason bad people exist in this city". Are you serious? Just start calling him Batman and get it over with! But for reasons unknown to me, this show's adaptation of the DC universe refuses to acknowledge Batman's existence. First, we get "Nyssa" instead of Talia (what?), then we get a Harley Quinn tease (come on, who didnt catch that?) without any mentioning of the Joker EVER. Heck, he even fought Solomon Grundy - before he was Solomon Grundy!

Now? How about some good ol' "Batman-ology" thrown into the recipe that is our new and improved Green Arrow? "He creates the very monsters he's supposed to stop"? That is a classic Batman argument! And for the record, I can't be the only one who noticed that in season 3 he literally switched from using his ominous, unique voice changer to actually speaking in "grumbling, throaty Batman voice". It's kind of pathetic. Oh, and let's not forget "he has a son he doesn't know exists". Sure, that's in the comics, but they just threw that plot device in there and forgot about it. I mean, the next time you see the mother, it's not even in Arrow, it's in the Flash!

I'm still not sure I'll be continuing this show. The first two seasons were great, but now it feels like this show is losing focus. And Diggle's Magneto helmet isn't helping.

Janjaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this finds its way again. Last season was almost unbearable. I am going to give this just one more chance.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I really am one of the few people that like Season 3 lmfao

The show tries to make him "the one Ras thinks deserves to be his successor". Since when? Ras gives a crap about Oliver Queen? Because of one fight? (which was intense, i admit, but come on. theres no way he survived that). What qualities does Oliver possess to lead a literal League of Assassin's? The reason Ras "respects" Bruce is because of his intellect, cunning, and multitude of other skills that Oliver doesn't possess. What did he see in Oliver? I have no clue.

Arguing that there's no way a character in a universe based off of a comic book always strikes me as so incredibly silly.

And in terms of line from Lance about how Oliver's the reason for evil people existing, that's really not something that's unique to Batman at all. Superheroes in general have for a long time now been accused of being the ones that give rise to villains, or being the people responsible for a variety of terrible events happening in the DC and Marvel U. So while I personally don't like the claim and think its silly (Though also, there's nothing to say that whenever Lance makes it in the show that its going to be a universal opinion or something that won't be countered down the line anyways) someone throwing that claim at a hero doesn't make the hero Batman, just like jumping across rooftops doesn't make someone Batman.

Avatar image for darkseid_beyond
    Darkseid_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: THIS. I'm really sick of the mentality some people have nowadays when it comes to entertainment. If you mess up just once then you're branded a screw up for life. Season 1 and 2 of Arrow were great but Season 3 was meh so let's trash the show and jump ship? It's incredibly annoying. Even if Season 4 ended up being just as meh as Season 3, you still have 2 good seasons and 2 meh seasons. That's 50/50 and yet people would still see the bad outweighing the good even though they're even. This "glass half empty" mentality makes me weep for the future of our society.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt Ryan is too god damn good to keep for only one episode. He better be a recurring character, or I will be livid.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it. Not nearly as cinematic as I was hoping, but I liked it.

And I might be in the minority here, but I like Diggle's costume

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
    deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

What was so bad about season 3?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinestro_gl: The plot. The ending. Laurel. Thea dying. Ra's. Pretty much everything.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

seems more like a movie to be honest.

i really want oliver with laurel. Not that cry baby felicity.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.