DC Villain Anarky Revealed in Arrow Images for "Blood Debt"

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

CW's Arrow returns to television on January 20, and with its return comes a notorious DC Comics villain, Anarky. The character will be played by Alexander Calvert on the episode titled "Blood Debts," and the CW revealed a couple images of what the character will look like on the series.

No Caption Provided
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
Photo Credit: Katie Yu/CW

The CW version of the character is quite a departure from the comic book version, in which Anarky wore a red hat and gold mask; however, the show seems to playing off of the rebellious spirit of the character, who stands up for what he believes in, which is sometimes at the expense other people's lives.

Anarky first appeared in DETECTIVE COMICS #608 in 1989. The character rose up against corruption in politics and the government at the age of 12. During his time as a villain, utilizing his intellect and hacking skills, Anarky spent time taking on mainly Batman and Robin. Considering Oliver Queen has been running for mayor on Arrow, this seems like the perfect time to bring in the character.

Arrow returns on the CW on Wednesday, January 20.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Here we go again...actually I never really cared lol.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

A see through mask :/

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the_stegman  Moderator

This is like The Purge.

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

They really screwed the pooch (or whatever one says) on Anarky in Arrow. I mean the guy did nothing that Anarky does and he was a pawn..? So bad. Hopefully this time he's more like Anarky and not just yet another psychotic guy who knows how to fight. I hate it when everyone is professional martial artist out of nowhere and this is the single most frustrating thing about Arrow.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Arrow, if you're so intent on using all of Batman's villains, the least you can do is portray them faithfully.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They really screwed the pooch (or whatever one says) on Anarky in Arrow. I mean the guy did nothing that Anarky does and he was a pawn..? So bad. Hopefully this time he's more like Anarky and not just yet another psychotic guy who knows how to fight. I hate it when everyone is professional martial artist out of nowhere and this is the single most frustrating thing about Arrow.

Surely Arrow has things that are MUCH more frustrating than that.

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

That's just a stupid mask.

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

by the time arrow is over they'll have brought down darkseid, trigon and mr mxy

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

@haloprogram: I still can't get over how they ruined Count Vertigo... TWICE!

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nite_nite: Nah, they aren't Batman villains well maybe Trigon they have an affinity for TT as well.

Avatar image for misternefarious
MisterNefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MisterNefarious

Paint the mask gold. Put on a hood or a hat.

Not that hard, CW...

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like a forgettable character

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should of made it a bit bigger and completely white...

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

Anarky has always been a character with very little consistency. So the idea of Arrow changing things up and going in a different direction being a bad thing is kinda funny. Besides Arrow has always been good at adapting various DC properties into different but spiritually whole ways.

Also dose the whole plastic mask thing actually obscure identity irl? Like from facial tracking I get it but at the sametime it seems like the modern equivalent of wearing a nylon over your face when you rob someone. It's certainly no greese paint.

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd: you sure they won't reenact Bruce busting a cap in his a** using Oliver?

Dark_Stranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dark_Stranger

Another Batman villain?

At some point they just need to come clean and admit that they wanted a Batman show rather than a Green Arrow show. lol

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattydavehalpeo: we'll call it my pet-peeve then. That little thing that bothers me more than Canary's stupid baton.

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: don't... remind... me. I mean if Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow run was ANY indication of what they should do, they somehow opted to do the exact opposite ha! how do they manage?

Paste_Pot_Pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty dumb.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By NightFang3
Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: @mattydavehalpeo: @haloprogram: Arrow has never been good with it's villains. Just look at what they did with Ra's Al Ghul and Deathstroke!

As much as they forgot Deathstroke was a mercenary in the comics, and thus failed in his characterisation, he was the most epic villain on the show imho.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattydavehalpeo said:

@nightfang said:

@the_stegman: @mattydavehalpeo: @haloprogram: Arrow has never been good with it's villains. Just look at what they did with Ra's Al Ghul and Deathstroke!

As much as they forgot Deathstroke was a mercenary in the comics, and thus failed in his characterisation, he was the most epic villain on the show imho.

Until they depowered him and had Thea beat and nearly kill him.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

My eyes...it BURNS. Wow CW just went a whole new low ,the f*ck is this? this character is everything but Anarky,it's insulting. I hope Alan Grant blasts this a new a$$ hole. I've resigned to the Batman pilfering but at least make these characters interesting and faithful to the source material.

starrware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The negativity is strong with this site....

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What am I looking at here?

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattydavehalpeo: agreed, 100%. He wasn't the "Deathstroke" we knew but he was the Deathstroke this show desperately needed. I mean just look at Merlyn, barely anything recongnizable from the comic at this point, I think they're going for that after all and the ONE character they try to make as true as possible, Ra's, turns out mediocre. It's a shame really.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme said:

@nightfang said:

Look at what they did to Constantine Drakon.

He wasn't even a villain, he was just doing his job and protecting his client.

luciferjonez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grateful they didn't go with the DC comics costume. That would have been too laughable. Still wish they'd either change diggles Party city magneto helmet or kill the character off altogether.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 12

This is one of the reasons why I stopped watching Arrow and I will never, ever start watching it again.

xsbrx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol dafaq is this?

Just when I thought Arrow couldn't be any worse.

Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

bobthened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haloprogram: I still can't get over how they ruined Count Vertigo... TWICE!

I still can't get over:

turning brother eye into a guy who can hack computers (like apparently everyone on that universe)

brushing over Komodo and defeating him casually in less than an episode

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Haloprogram

@bobthened: omg all this reminiscing has made me flustered haha! Brother Eye was forgettable and a pushover and that in itself should've been unforgettable!! Komodo is the coolest thing Lemire introduced in all of N52 GA yet he was mistreated unlike anything else. Thanks for the reminder buddy.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow! Jesus christ why TF did make an Arrow show if like 90% of the characters on this show aren't even GA related, GA does have a lot of rogues you just need to revamp them but lordd omg stop with taking Batman Villians jesus. Deathstroke's motivation was terrible but he was the best villian in this whole entire show, Komodo was like mercenary or whatever he was and he just used like WTF. Count Vertigo got messed up TWICE! Brick was the only interesting thing in season 3 to me, how do you mess up Drakon or half of GA's rogue gallery like come on CW jesus.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.