Arrow Episode 401: "Green Arrow"

• 77 results
Rixec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

its ray palmer's funeral its a flashback six months ago, and six months ago palmer industries had an explosion and there's a sign star city rename in memory of dr. ray palmer

Uh, it said six months later. It's a flashforward. Heck, Barry and Ollie even talked about Zoom, which was not happening at all six months ago - Barry just learned that name in the present day.

ips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

this. Flash premiere was utterly disappointing and at best a 2 star.

@dan12456 said:

Don't get how Flash could possibly get a better rating then this. I get ratings are subjective but Arrow was better in literally every aspect this week. Arrow had better action, better acting (Oliver>Barry, Damien>>>>Atom Smasher, supporting was closer, maybe slight edge to flash there), a tighter and more relevant plot and solid, logical plot twists. I mean I can see this being a 4 star, but if you're gonna give out 5 stars to stuff as weak as Flash was last night (arguably the worst episode of the series imo) this is a no-brainer 5.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 the_stegman  Moderator  Online

I really liked this episode, though it continues the trend of someone having to hate Ollie every season, now it's Diggle.

MICKEY-MOUSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I really liked this episode, though it continues the trend of someone having to hate Ollie every season, now it's Diggle.

Nope, still Lance. Diggle doesn't hate Ollie he doesn't trust him which at least happened a lot more organically then the extreme positions some of these other characters take. Like Lance hating Ollie and blaming him for all the bad things that have happened in the city. Now he's teamed up with the bad guys and he wants the city to die.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator  Online

@lukehero said:
@the_stegman said:

Nope, still Lance. Diggle doesn't hate Ollie he doesn't trust him which at least happened a lot more organically then the extreme positions some of these other characters take. Like Lance hating Ollie and blaming him for all the bad things that have happened in the city. Now he's teamed up with the bad guys and he wants the city to die.

"hate" is a strong word, someone has to have "beef" with Ollie each season. But I agree with you about Lance.

MICKEY-MOUSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MICKEY-MOUSE

@the_stegman: The problem really isn't characters having conflict with Ollie(I mean they should) it's a Superhero Drama, so there should be some drama. It's boring if characters don't have disagreements. The problem is way too often the conflict is shoe horned in, doesn't feel natural, and makes characters go from one extreme to the next. Basically too many characters have a problem with Ollie & go; "Well **** you ollie, I'm not working with you anymore." It's soap operaish, lacks mature writing, and retards genuine character development. I'll say in the case of Diggle they didn't take it to the extreme instead Diggle came to a genuine realization about Ollie and how he treats Diggle(treating Diggle like a some 2 bit side kick rather than a real partner), rather then a silly extreme position that lacks any genuine reality(Lance thinking it's Ollie's fault for like everything).

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't care for this episode. Always being pulled along by everyone else's desires and has to tip toe around both Digg and Laurel's dad who are complete morons. Too bad he was in front of only 1 grave.

humphreytt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll tell you what I think what they have done with "red arrow" as she likes to be called is awesome. She's like robin. And I know how much people will be like 'this isn't batman' but come one its kinda what they are going for, correct me if i'm wrong.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Took me all day to watch this one episode

Just doesn't hook me the way it used to...

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nice start, Olicity was handled pretty well, Villain looks amazing so far, and I'm pretty Diggle is the one who died

joaoanjos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Felicity, but i hate how they made her character be all about her releationship with Oliver/Ray in the last season, really, fuck that. I don't like her with Oliver so I don't really care if she dies, but I guess that would be too obvious. Actually I think I do care because I don't want to se Oliver with Laurel, i'm never accepting her as the B Canary, the character have been too annoying for the last 2 seasons.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Top episode still not feeling Diggles helmet, and he was very hypercritical the amount he goes on for Ollie not telling him secrets then he decided not to say what HiVE was to him

daingermouz20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Decent episode. The dead person could be anyone of the cast except for Oliver or Laurel. I'm hoping it Felicity or Thea.

Avatar image for vincent_valjean
Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One word: BULLSHIT!

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im almost certain the dead person was either Diggle, a character we haven't met before, or detective Lance. It's not felicity, otherwise Barry would have made the funeral and been crying as well. It isn't Thea or i expect Oliver would have been crying uncontrollably. They aren't killing Laurel off yet.

On another note: Is anyone else ready for them to FINALLY pay off all the teasing that Oliver has a kid? I really hope that he finds out at the end of this season, and next season is about him transitioning into a father.

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr__kamikaze said:

Took me all day to watch this one episode

Just doesn't hook me the way it used to...

Same. I started to doze off and found myself doing other things while the show was running. I don't know if it's just me or if it's the producers of the show but Arrow just doesn't feel right to me anymore like it used too

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

This was a good start to season 4. It had the energy of season 2, this show was at its best when it was in the act of doing be it action, melodrama, or adapting pieces of the DC U.

Cheap Plug to User Review

Pelykan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Pelykan

CW shows always need to have some romantic tension and seeing as Ollicity is now close to a happy ending it's probably gonna be her that bites the dust.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

A strong start, if a little below The Flash and AOS. Damien Darhk is definitely shaping up to be a awesome villain. For the first time in a long time I'm looking forward to watching Arrow.

StormShadow_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Gotham was better than both

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

A great start to the season but I don't need to see Ollie and Felicity gazing into eachothers eye every episode. We all get it - you're in love.

The team of Dig, Roy, and Laurel did fine during Ollie's "death" in season 3 so why not now with Thea in on place of Roy? I suppose it's because the show is called Arrow, and needs to keep the main character relevant but why not just have the team asking and wanting his help as opposed to NEEDING it. Just a nip-pick tho.

As for the death in question, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say either Quentin Lance or Lila Diggle. Everyone on team Arrow loves her, she's an awesome character and it would present more drama for Diggle's character. How to move forward with raising his daughter alone and deal with the fact that HIVE cost him his brother and his wife.

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

A great start to the season but I don't need to see Ollie and Felicity gazing into eachothers eye every episode. We all get it - you're in love.

The team of Dig, Roy, and Laurel did fine during Ollie's "death" in season 3 so why not now with Thea in place of Roy? I suppose it's because the show is called Arrow, and needs to keep the main character relevant but why not just have the team asking and wanting his help as opposed to NEEDING it. Just a nip-pick tho.

As for the death in question, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say either Quentin Lance or Lila Diggle. Everyone on team Arrow loves her, she's an awesome character and it would present more drama for Diggle's character. How to move forward with raising his daughter alone and deal with the fact that HIVE cost him his brother and his wife.

Deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Really good episode.

The twists were great

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#74  Edited By TheExile285
meskin84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't happy with the premiere. I don't think this episode deserved a four. The lighter tone of this season seems out of reach. Maybe, I'm not used to it. I might get hooked once I watch more episodes.

Speaking of lighter tone, does anyone think that Oliver sounds gay? No, really. He does.

Do you mean his voice sounds high? My wife actually made the same observation, for the time, in this episode. I wouldn't say "gay", though, I have a few gay friends and none of them high voices.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

@meskin84 said:
@the_impersonator said:

I wasn't happy with the premiere. I don't think this episode deserved a four. The lighter tone of this season seems out of reach. Maybe, I'm not used to it. I might get hooked once I watch more episodes.

Speaking of lighter tone, does anyone think that Oliver sounds gay? No, really. He does.

Do you mean his voice sounds high? My wife actually made the same observation, for the time, in this episode. I wouldn't say "gay", though, I have a few gay friends and none of them high voices.

When he sounds gay, it doesn't mean he's gay. His high pitch made me feel that he's acting gay. I understand he wants to remove his Arrow persona and change for six months. But his voice doesn't feel right.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we not getting a review for 402?

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316:

@capuccinofco0711 said:
No Caption Provided

Did anyone else noticed this? You think we are having Green Lantern on this season?

I got so pumped when I saw this

YAYYYYYYYY (on the possibilities:)!!!!!!!

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto was great in this episode.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.