• 76 results
MICKEY-MOUSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#51 MICKEY-MOUSE  Online

The reasoning behind the offer was not bad. I didn't like the idea of Ras being so desperate to have him be his successor though.

Best thing about this episode is the Nyssa/Laurel thing Im going to start shipping.

Why not he just said he was old and basically dying because the pit is losing it's effect. That was actually one of the few good things in this episode.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By GalacticFork

@sachmoo: I think he actually believed Oliver would win maybe? Which shows a lot of stupidly misplaced blind faith in Oliver. But well... Maybe Merlyn thinks he's Batman too?

Edit: Actually no... then if he did win, there'd be a pissed off Oliver who knows Merlyn killed Sara via Thea. Maybe he hoped they'd kill each other and he'd be on some island sipping a drink with an umbrella in it? Possibly with an arrogant chuckle in there?

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@lukehero: Yeah the diamond thing was pretty dumb. Umm the Thea thing...well there is a song out there called "Fk the pain away." Lol

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Agreed. This was definitely a 3 star episode, like most of this season. It's getting a bit tiresome to even watch the show at this point because nothing about this season has been very good. Ray was a shining light this season but he isn't actually doing anything important yet. The previews are indicating that we'll see him get more involved but I don't want to see Atom the Iron Man. Hopefully he actually has his shrink powers otherwise he isn't really The Atom anymore. The coolest part of this episode was seeing the Lazarus Pit, even though they didn't call it that. Otherwise, I just found myself constantly frustrated at the flip flopping of character actions and motivations. Seriously, how many times can we have Felicity flip flop from loving to hating Oliver in one season? On top of that, the first thing everyone does when seeing that Oliver is okay is to whine at him some more? If I was Oliver I'd just kick everyone off the team because all they do is yell at him and botch missions (looking at you Laurel). My final complaint is about the Green Batman that Oliver has wholly turned into. They aren't even being subtly anymore and it's beyond old. Green Arrow can be a unique and interesting character who doesn't have to rip off Batman to find success. I wish the writing team would watch The Flash and realize that you can be true to the spirit of the comic and still be successful on television.

MICKEY-MOUSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 MICKEY-MOUSE  Online

@guardiandevil83: Had it ended in a sweet kiss on the forehead or just a simple hug, it would have been all gravy. Jumping into bed with a guy she had pretty much been ignoring for most of the season...sigh.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Yeah. And she basically did the same with Chase. Thea a little playa. Lol

MICKEY-MOUSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 MICKEY-MOUSE  Online

@guardiandevil83: I'm so sad and confused...I better have sex!!! That'll fix things. ;)

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My God this show really needs to improve, and quickly.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Are we being too cruel with this show since we are comparing it to The Flash which has been downright amazing???

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#60  Edited By The Impersonator

I'm not sure where this episode will go from here. I would love to see Oliver being controlled by Ra's al Ghul to take over the League of Assassins, kinda like Daredevil took over The Hand. That would be really interesting to see. I mean, letting out Oliver and his teammates to be free? I expected Ra's to tell Oliver if he didn't accept the offer, John Diggle and Malcolm Meryln will be dead. Instead, he let them go and predicted that people will turn against Oliver. Oliver always hide his secrets and tell lies. What difference does it make whether Ra's told him or not?

Is it me or Thea sounds like an annoying b**ch? I get that she's been tricked by her father. But does she really have to sound that way as if she were in high school?

I like the idea that Ra's disguising as the Arrow, and teaching Oliver for not accepting the offer. But this only happened when Oliver didn't accept it or not being forced to accept it. There's always a misdirection regarding the characters and their actions ever since the mid-season premiere started.

I honestly like this show. I really do and I don't care if this show feels Batman-like. The only two things the writers need to improve are the characters and the plot.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

This episode left me feeling flat about Arrow.

Same. I've gone back to re-watching seasons 1 and 2 because I don't want my love for this show to end, but this season is making it sooooo hard. Especially with all the Batman related crap. If I want Batman, I'll watch Batman.

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The woman in the league of assassins ('cause it was woman I guess), the one who received the advice from Ras. I have a hunch that she could be Sara or Shado.

And I'd like to see Oliver and Roy sharing a kiss!

XD

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This can still be saved.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Thea wanting to hook up with Roy because she's upset about her evil father?

Actually It wasn't because she's upset with his evil father, she did it because she wanted to remember who she was before her mother died. And before her mother died, she used to be with Roy at his home so I guess that she did it, just to feel like before agains or something like that.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65 godzilla44  Online

meh

MICKEY-MOUSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 MICKEY-MOUSE  Online

@black_arrow: And so yet another female character tries to solve her problems by hooking up with a guy? :/

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: and how many times has Ollie pulled the same stunt?

And for the people claiming Nyssa is going to "turn Laurel into a lesbian," that's a pretty immature way to look at things. They both remind each other of Sara. Just because they hang out doesn't mean they're going to start smooching.

cmd735

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we being too cruel with this show since we are comparing it to The Flash which has been downright amazing???

Lol that's my general opinion on all the Arrow hate every episode. I mean sure "diamond bullets" were silly pot device, but every episodes comments section turns into "(Insert Character) lost a fight? Their horrible, And why is this character sad about these legitimately traumatic events, and OMG are they using the most well known shadowy ninja faction in DC as an adversary for martial arts using street levelers? That's so Batman!!! THIS SHOW SUCKS!!!!"

jdp180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: and how many times has Ollie pulled the same stunt?

And for the people claiming Nyssa is going to "turn Laurel into a lesbian," that's a pretty immature way to look at things. They both remind each other of Sara. Just because they hang out doesn't mean they're going to start smooching.

Come on. Did you see the look Nyssa gave Laurel when she said she had nothing else to do?

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ras is definitely up to something, and I'm pretty sure that's grooming Nyssa to he his true heir.

He makes a point to say the pit isn't working as well on him anymore, yet they put in the scene of it healing his wound just fine. Nyssa confronts him about not choosing her, and his answer was pretty much, "Well then prove me wrong." Now she's putting herself in a position to do the most damage to the Arrow Gang.

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By GREGalicious

@syncig: I understand where your coming from however I don't really think character motivations have been all over the place. The storylines have been all over the place but for the most part, have pretty much had the same basic idea; to keep the city safe, avenge Sara, protect Thea, and deal with the changes in their lives. Change seems to be the overall theme (and essentially the villain) this season. Also, I may be in the minority but I actually find Ra's to be a tad bit underwhelming.

Roy and Laurel did just fine in Ollie's absence and really supported eachother. It's not fair to keep blaming Laurel for failed missions when Roy was equally as bad. In fact, it could be argued that she even saved his ass from being shot down while he was playing bootleg Robin in the roof. And Ollie constantly telling her she needs training when he isn't doing anything about it makes him look stupid to me. I wanted her to say "Who's fault is that" so bad to him when he told her that. Ollie needs to be helping and supporting her better than he's been. Now that she has Nyssa, he'll be wishing he had put his two cents in since I'm betting she'll surpass him quickly.

Owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

The main news to me from this review was: "fiancee"?! Congrats k4tz.

I thought this was a pretty solid episode myself. Sure there was dumb stuff like grappling arrows to nowhere and diamond tipped bullets. And how they obviously saved thousands of lives on a few occasions, so that probably makes it all worth their while. But I thought they continued to push on to new emotional and plot ground in a good way. I was happy to see Felicity push Oliver on his ideas. After they pretty much all sucked it up after their mostly-failed first attempt to stop Murmur's gang, I was kind of hoping to hear somebody say something about how they're all out of practice. But yeah, totally happy with this episode.

corvisrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo: I agree totally. I personally was hoping for Adrian Paul.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 17

#75  Edited By amazing_webhead
  • Damn this show, teasing me with Thea's death like that only to let her live. "I wish I had never learned Malcolm was my father." Bet you regret bitching nonstop at Ollie and Moira for not telling you NOW, huh you little #$@&%*!?
  • How is Lance being ticked off Oliver's fault? He wasn't lying or keeping anything, he just thought Laurel had told him the whole time.
  • Remember back when this show focused more on the bad guy running around killing people and the heroes trying to stop him, more than all this internal conflict B.S.?
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#76 k4tzm4n  Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.