Follow

Arrow

Series »

Thought to be dead after a catastrophe at sea, Oliver Queen returns to Starling City a changed man, determined to fight injustice as a hooded vigilante who comes to be known as The Arrow. Based on DC Comics' Green Arrow franchise.

Arrow Episode 308 - "The Brave and the Bold"

• 87 results
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

*This review contains some spoilers*

"Red is so much cooler than green."

Whether you like one show more than the other or love 'em equally, it's impossible not to notice the huge differences between Arrow and The Flash. The most notable difference: the tone. The Flash is often fun, uplifting, and full of laughs. Arrow? It's often stern and loaded with drama. There's no room for laughter as they fight to save lives and loved ones are lost. They may exist in the same universe, but that doesn't mean they're all that similar. Yesterday's crossover episode of The Flash, "Flash vs. Arrow," offered an incredibly fun insight into just how different these two heroes are; it was totally fitting for the show and also highlighted Barry Allen's lack of training. Tonight's crossover in Arrow still has some really good laughs along the way, but it aims to put a more serious spotlight on what sets these two awesome heroes apart.

There's a lot to love about this episode, but the thing that stood out the most is something that can best be described as "blunt Barry." The scarlet speedster may still have a lot to learn when it comes to combat -- something Ollie helped him with in yesterday's episode -- but now Barry is here to help Oliver. The emerald archer has been doing this vigilante thing for awhile now (8 years, if I remember correctly), so when it comes to this scene, he thinks he knows more than Barry does. So, when Barry calls him out on his brutal methods, Oliver reminds the metahuman about all of the tragedies he's endured. Usually, this is where someone may go silent or apologize to the vigilinate, but Barry called him out on it, reminding Arrow that he also witnessed the death of his mother but doesn't use that terrible event to channel darkness within himself. Barry may not know a lot about being a hero and outsmarting his enemies just yet, but what he does know is how to be a good person. Bringing that kind of uplifting spirit into Arrow's world was such a refreshing change of pace and the dialogue between the two was really absorbing. I'm sure I'm not the only one whose jaw dropped when Barry told Ollie he can inspire, but not as Arrow because that guy's a... well, you heard what he said! It's almost like Barry was the voice of the people, telling Arrow that he doesn't need to be so down in the dumps and drowning in darkness all the time. He's putting his life on the line to save people, after all. His path may be more tragic and violent, but that doesn't mean he's a bad man who's incapable of redemption and helping others. I just wish Barry reacted this way in yesterday's episode when Oliver implied he could never be with Iris. Anyway, the writers did an exceptional job handling the scenes between these two and the flashbacks really enhanced the episode's theme. The tone was balanced very, very well. And I have to point out that both Grant Gustin and Stephen Amell really went all-out with their performances. The scene when Arrow finally lets his guard down and opens up about what he's become was seriously heartfelt. Oh, and that final scene? Gah! What a tease! Totally exciting, but still a tease! I almost wish they'd just come out and admit that Flash wins unless there's a plot device and prep time on Oliver's side. But whatever, I can't blame them for wanting to give both heroes an equal amount of love.

Much of the relationship between the two heroes had a more serious approach, but there was still plenty of solid comedy, especially with all of the supporting characters! Bits like Flash obliterating the salmon ladder or Cisco acting like a total fanboy in the "Arrowcave" were great. Watching these more approachable and optimistic characters interact with team Arrow really brought out the best in them. Seeing them smile, laugh, and joke around was so pleasant. Season 3 has been overflowing with depressing material -- and understandably so, given how it began -- but this feels like a much-needed and greatly appreciated break from the norm. It doesn't ever take away from either show, either. It does a fine job reminding us why they're so different. It doesn't make Arrow seem unnecessarily depressing and it doesn't make The Flash seem goofy. They've taken the best from both worlds and it's such a nice blend of laughter and drama. Thankfully, there wasn't any real relationship drama in this one and the developments between Diggle and Lyla were legitimately sweet and heartwarming. That, too, is a nice break from the normal dose of, "No! I can't be with you because... stuff and things!"

No Caption Provided

"The Brave and the Bold" had an entertaining villain and did an awesome job focusing on the differences between Barry and Oliver's methods, but minor criticisms about the action began to really add up. Please bear with me for a minute as I go through them, okay? Firstly, the opening sequence with Digger Harkness, a.k.a. Captain Boomerang, did a fine job letting us know he's skilled and deadly foe, but man, that scene made A.R.G.U.S. look really, really weak, didn't it? Not only was the security horrendous (the dude just stares as Boomerang reveals what's clearly a weapon?), but everyone held off on firing their weapons for so long. Yeah, it gave Boomerang a chance to look cool, but when you show everyone getting into position and aiming their weapons, it's odd not to have anyone take a shot for quite some time while their own teammates are being killed. Secondly, having Barry clear out the train station was such a cheerworthy moment and a nice follow-up to Oliver's lesson and was even a nod to his failure against Captain Cold (mind your surroundings, Barry!). However, wouldn't it have been like, way easier if he just grabbed Digger instead? Way less cool, but more practical, right? And when Boomerang began to take out the detonator, did anyone else really want to exclaim, "Go grab it, Flash!" Obviously, he'd soon learn that wouldn't resolve the problem, but it was a little odd having him wait and find out. Thirdly, during the shootout in the "Arrowcave," Lyla fired a lot of rounds as Digger moved from cover to cover, yet none of the monitors or anything else seemed to take damage. It stood out to me when there was a close up of Digger hiding behind a monitor as several shots are being fired at him, yet nothing is hitting the cover he's lurking behind or even near him. Lastly (I swear it's the last action critique!), it's odd to have Boomerang hold his own against Royand Ollie, and then get totally wrecked by Ollie in their rematch. It's not like Arrow used a new trick to beat him; he just straight up demolished the dude. I know it happens all the time in comics, but making it a little more challenging would have been appreciated. Now, if you view all of these as inconsequential, then you're obviously going to have a more favorable impression of the episode.

Other minor criticisms: I understand Amanda Waller sees potential in Oliver and wants to push him, but if she's going to teach him how to "interrogate" someone, maybe she should have picked something with smaller stakes and a situation that wasn't so time sensitive? I understand the whole trial by fire approach, but jeez. Or maybe -- just maybe -- Waller was okay with sacrificing those people just to give Oliver the lesson he needs about taking extreme measures? Something tells me we won't get an official answer on that in the show, but how twisted would it be if Waller viewed that as a win-win? If Ollie gets the info, great! Lives saved. If not, it shows him that he can't hold back with those kinds of people and he becomes a more formidable agent for her. What do you think, people on the other side of the internet? The other minor gripe is Thea's oh-so-brief appearance. I love what they're doing with the character, but did we really need that short cameo to also link to that DJ plot? It's a personal gripe because I thought that was a totally unnecessary part of the last episode. I really hope they have bigger plans for that character and he isn't there just for relationship drama.

As always, there were some easter eggs scattered throughout. Little things like Quentin calling Barry "Bart" or Flash being called "speedy" are sure to make any comic fan smile. And how cool was Cisco's parting gift? Oh, and when Lyla said Task Force X was taken out, are we assuming that was a previous incarnation of the team or was Captain Boomerang on a mission with Deadshot and Bronze Tiger? I'm going to assume it was an older team, because otherwise that's a hugely disappointing way to hear those guys were killed off-screen!

"The Brave and The Bold" had a really strong script which did a terrific job focus on the differences between the two heroes while also throwing in a good amount of laughs and fun. Minor gripes with the action began to really add up and took me out of the moment more than a few times, but this was still a great episode thanks to excellent writing and some solid performances. Fingers crossed we'll get another crossover in the future because this 2-parter was a great way to celebrate both shows while also providing a substantial look at the leads. It's a bummer these shows are now going their separate ways, but there's exciting stuff lined up for both of them. It's time for Ra's al Ghul and Reverse Flash!

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

They make Captain Boomerang not a joke and don't have Australian Accent

I don't know what to feel about that

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By timelord

I'm fine with a cross over every season come on CW you know you want to do

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TrueMarvel

The action things you mentioned were my only problem. Otherwise it actually had a better plot than The Flash version of the crossover.

I still can't get over the fact that Oliver is basically batman in green... This crossover episode makes the similarities even more present thanks to Barry's analysis of him. I kinda wish something earth-shaking happens and Oliver starts acting more like his comicbook self.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By buttersdaman000

So, Superman and Batman already had their live action team up lol

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I actually liked this episode more than the Flash one. I have several thoughts:

1. This really shows just how different the two shows are both in tone and cast. Seeing the more lighthearted Flash team interact with the usually serious Arrow team was a joy to behold, and this is the first time in a long time that Roy wasn't constantly moody, he actually smiled around Cisco.

2. I know I already made this comparison, but I can't help but feel this is like a Superman meets Batman mirror image. You have Flash, this super powered, good natured hero, who inspires hope working with the brooding, more rough Arrow. And their talk about whether or not torture should be done felt very much like Clark and Bruce discussing it. Heck, even Central and Starling were described as Metropolis and Gotham in a way. One thriving and sunny, but with a lot of metahumans, the other dark and corrupt and full of psychos.

3. FINALLY someone calls it the Arrow Cave.

4. Captain Boomerang actually felt like a real threat

5. Not enough Thea

Overall, this is an easy 5/5 for me. This is how crossovers should be done.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
    @truemarvel said:

The action things you mentioned were my only problem. Otherwise it actually had a better plot than The Flash version of the crossover.

I still can't get over the fact that Oliver is basically batman in green... This crossover episode makes the similarities even more present thanks to Barry's analysis of him. I kinda wish something earth-shaking happens and Oliver starts acting more like his comicbook self.

I'm with you 100%. I think tonight's episode had a more impactful script, but man, those issues with the action really took away from the experience for me. Last night's episode had a pretty generic plot, but I was cool with that since it put their dynamic front and center and there was a huuuuuuuuuuuuge amount of fan service, fun and laughs. It was such a blast. I was really torn between 4 and 5-stars for this one, but all of those problems with the action were a big issue for me.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

NOOOOOOO this was 5 stars. Just as awesome as THe Flash if not better. THere were barely any problems this episode

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By danhimself

I really really hope that they didn't replace Oliver's costume with one that looks exactly like the old one and that they just kept him in the old one for the end of the episode and that we get to see the new costume next episode

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

NOOOOOOO this was 5 stars. Just as awesome as THe Flash if not better. THere were barely any problems this episode

^I agree. I thought this episode was better than last night's Arrow vs Flash. The Brave and the Bold had a great balance of humor, excitmentand had a lot of heart. This was the best episode by far of Arrow's season-I thought it might have been the best episode of the entire run of Arrow or Flash. (Flash's Pilot and Arrow's Three Ghosts both come close).

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

I agree with this. However, because the show is so well done I'm willing to overlook that. And in fairness, when GA was first introduced he was basically a Batman clone. Arguably things have just come full circle now.

@k4tzm4n: My criticism regarding the Waller bit is how I feel like she kind of failed to adequately prove her point, and here's why: given that that bomb went off mere minutes after Ollie began his "interrogation", I seriously doubt that he would have ever had the time to get the information out of the bomb-maker, no matter how much he hurt him. Yes, a person can break under torture, but a man with conviction breaking in under five minutes? That sounds iffy to me. And say Ollie did succeed via torture...he would then have to relay the information and get Arguss to the bomb BEFORE it detonated. All in just a few minutes. Really, I don't see how, given the context, the tragedy could have been averted, and therefore Waller's "this is necessary!" rhetoric doesn't really ring true.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: She was playing him. She just wanted to corrupt him. There was no way in Hell she didn't know about the bomb.

She just conveniently shows up after the explosion? C'mon.

She's just an evil btch and I love it. :-)

Avatar image for obsidian_raindrop1
    obsidian_raindrop1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My biggest complaint with this episode was that the through-line between both shows were extremely weak.

DarthStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By DarthStorm

3. FINALLY someone calls it the Arrow Cave.

No Caption Provided

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Watching this episode right now.. the first part had me wanting more honestly so I hope the follow ups just as good.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the_stegman  Moderator
    Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two nights of sheer nerddom. If only every night of TV could be like this

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, I thought it was a 3. Other than fan service, it didn't move any story lines one bit. Even the big 'Who done it' revelation they teased in flashs episode didn't pay off. They could have given 1 small detail at least.

You missed a gripe. When they found out that the phone was a ploy, could Barry not have gotten there? And what was the point of digger calling the phone other than to alert his target he was coming?

Oh well, not a terrible episode, just not a good one.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Bat-Hood Begins!
    Bat-Hood Begins!

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#arrowcave

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

So, Superman and Batman already had their live action team up lol

This

I still can't get over the fact that Oliver is basically batman in green

This

2. I know I already made this comparison, but I can't help but feel this is like a Superman meets Batman mirror image. You have Flash, this super powered, good natured hero, who inspires hope working with the brooding, more rough Arrow. And their talk about whether or not torture should be done felt very much like Clark and Bruce discussing it. Heck, even Central and Starling were described as Metropolis and Gotham in a way. One thriving and sunny, but with a lot of metahumans, the other dark and corrupt and full of psychos.

Also this.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By MrMazz

Wait is it Arrow cave or Arrowcave?

This series is better for existing in a world where The Flash exists and the same holds true to the Flash. They inform one another in ways that really make all this connected universe crap actually kinda worth it.

Cheap Plug to User Review

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

If you want to compare Arrow to Batman every week, then don't watch it. Move on with your lives. The show is heavily based on Mike Grell's run on the character, it was very gritty. Do your research.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By longbowhunter

I liked this whole two night deal quite a bit. I wish Capt. Boomerang was a bit more playful. Couldn't he at least have refered to Lila or Waller as a "Bloody Bike"?

No Caption Provided

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was I the only one who laughed when they started comparing dead mothers?

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Sovereign91001

@timelord said:

I'm fine with a cross over every season come on CW you know you want to

Damn straight.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want to compare Arrow to Batman every week, then don't watch it. Move on with your lives. The show is heavily based on Mike Grell's run on the character, it was very gritty. Do your research.

I'll compare Arrow to Batman every day of the week and twice on Sunday If I please. Problem? Just because I noticed the blatant similarities between this incarnation of Arrow and Batman doesn't mean my life is at a standstill genius. I don't care about what the show is based off of. I'm merely stating that this incarnation of Arrow is basically Batman in green. If this show is supposedly based off of Mike Grell's run than I guess Mike decided to portray Green Arrow as Green Batman.

Complaining about complainers is still complaining

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The_Kidd  Online

-This was the stronger part of the crossover but less entertaining.

-The flashbacks actually serves a purpose this episode even though the sudden torture plot-line felt off.

-I was impress with Captain Boomerang because I really didn't think they could make him a credible threat without looking goofy.

-I hope next week move things along because as good this episode was it is just a filler towards the grander narrative.

-Disappointed Det. West & Cap. Lance did not meet.

-So Asher and Crixus are cell mates in a prison being overlooked by Naevia.

-Crixus is said to reappear in an upcoming episode so should be interesting.

Bat-Hood Begins!
    Bat-Hood Begins!

LoL!! At least the writers are self-aware.

eamon542000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By eamon542000

Boomerang puns were grreat

Waterd103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watch Arrow and not flash because flash has to be given the stupid ball to be ever in credible danger, now they tainted my arrow series with flash. Flash makes no sense. Like the part of the train station he has time to remove every person from the train station, why he doesn´t do the same to captain boomerang? before he even know what is happening he is stripped naked and with handcuffs.

Same thing when boomeran escaped with flash in sight, before the smoke bomb on his hand would reach the floor flash can go take the bomb, take boomeran, took all his boomerangs, and put it with handcuffs on the table.

But he doesn´t

I hope flash leave arrow series to never return.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Will be watching the two-parter in it's entirety in a moment. Was saving the Flash episode so I could watch them together. :)

I've been liking this season of The Flash but sadly the current season of Arrow has been losing me a little bit. From the sound of this review, plus the preview for next week's mid-season finale, it seems like the show is getting back to good form, which is great.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_blaze said:

I'll compare Arrow to Batman every day of the week and twice on Sunday If I please. Problem? Just because I noticed the blatant similarities between this incarnation of Arrow and Batman doesn't mean my life is at a standstill genius. I don't care about what the show is based off of. I'm merely stating that this incarnation of Arrow is basically Batman in green. If this show is supposedly based off of Mike Grell's run than I guess Mike decided to portray Green Arrow as Green Batman.

Thing is, you're commenting on something that's been apparent since season 2. There's no point in pointing out the obvious again.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Man that's so weird! I'm a few episodes behind on Person of Interest and the guy who plays Captain Boomerang was in the episode I watched literally just last night.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

Does anybody else notice the extreme irony that Ollie has locked away 2 Australians on a prison island?

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

This episode was superb. Far better than "Flash vs. Arrow", in my opinion. And infinitely less cliche, and not just an excuse to have the two heroes brawl.

Negatives:

- Diggle's reaction to seeing Lyla in the lair was understated. I was expecting a much more raw emotional outburst upon seeing her in so serious a condition. The proposal later was cute, but it might have been more meaningful if Diggle had shown a better display of emotions earlier.

- Cisco's philosophical dialogue in the truck with Roy and Diggle and later in the club with Caitlin, Roy, and Felicity was off. The idea behind the dialogue was solid. I love some meta commentary on the nature of superpowers and how they change the perceptions of characters. But the way that the dialogue was performed made it sound more like it was coming out of the mouths of the writers than Cisco himself.

- Sara's plotline didn't progress at all. This isn't a huge negative, but considering that was the "excuse" for the Flash crew coming to Starling, it would have been nice to have gotten some movement in that story. Or even just a few lines of dialogue about how it felt for Team Arrow to lose a core part of their team.

Positives:

- Infinitely more genuine than "Flash vs. Arrow". While the former episode was rife with cliches and left an overall bad taste in my mouth, this episode was a real service to both heroes and to both shows.

- I never cared much for Lyla before, but this episode made her more interesting, to me. Even before her near-death.

- Captain Boomerang was cool, though I would've appreciated his being a bit more witty. Maybe in the future.

- The casts interacted beautifully. I want Roy, Diggle, and Cisco to get together for coffee once a month, and Caitlin and Felicity to have Skype conversations every other night.

- AMAZING laughs. "Flash vs. Arrow" also delivered well in the laughs department, but "The Brave and the Bold" both matched and surpassed in that department. Even in keeping with a more serious tone, the latter episode managed to throw in some of the best and funniest lines that either show has ever used. I found myself rewinding to hear certain lines again several times throughout the episode.

- The flashbacks were in keeping with the action in the episode. Perhaps the flashbacks could have gotten a bit less focus or have been a bit shorter, but at least they were relevant this time around.

- Oliver was fantastic. Now, I don't mean to say that everybody wasn't great (because Oliver, Barry, Diggle, Lyla, Felicity, Cisco, and Caitlin all had fantastic character moments). But Oliver really shined here, and Stephen Amell really gave it his all. It's great to see a more vulnerable side of Oliver. And Amell had a subtle way of playing the fact that Oliver does not usually go to this vulnerable place. And those childish, sassy moments where Ollie was made uncomfortable by Barry's criticism of his methods were fantastically subtle but incredibly telling. By the end of the episode, it was SO refreshing to have someone call Oliver out on his views and actually tell him to lighten up. That's not something we usually get, but it was very much appreciated. And Amell really helped to make the whole exchange believable.

10/10 from me. Wait'a go, Arrow!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Does anybody else notice the extreme irony that Ollie has locked away 2 Australians on a prison island?

That's not ironic, that's appropriate.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By ComicStooge

@saren said:

@the_mighty_monarch said:

That's not ironic, that's appropriate.

No Caption Provided

sbyrstall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know everyone is gushing over the whole episode itself, but did anyone catch the name of the streets where Boomerang was suppose to be at? Infantino and Adams. What an homage to Carmine and Neil, respectively. We know that the writers have some comic book geekness in them. :D

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this was the stronger episode of the crossover because the plot tied together much better.

I actually liked the flashbacks with the bomb and Waller. Even if Waller knew about the bombs herself, I believe that she would have used that moment to "train" Oliver to realize that, when danger is imminent, reasoning with crazy people may not get one very far. Once Oliver saw how menacing some people could be it set his mind on track to be more practical rather than hopeful.

When Barry moved people out of the train station it was also kind of smart. Even if it wasn't the writers' intention, Barry bothering Boomerang could have caused him to detonate the bomb. It was weird that Barry didn't snatch the detonator away after Boomerang revealed what it was though.

As for comparing the cities of Arrow and Flash, I don't think Flash proved his point. Heroes like Flash seem to forget that having supernatural abilities puts them in a much better position than people like Arrow who are limited in their ability to protect others. If Arrow didn't use more coercive methods his failure rate would be rather high.

addikhabbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By addikhabbo
    @lurkero said:

As for comparing the cities of Arrow and Flash, I don't think Flash proved his point. Heroes like Flash seem to forget that having supernatural abilities puts them in a much better position than people like Arrow who are limited in their ability to protect others. If Arrow didn't use more coercive methods his failure rate would be rather high.

This. So much this. It just isn't fair to criticize someone when you've got powers they don't. I mean, come on Barry! You can run faster than a speeding bullet! You criticize a regular joe wearing green spandex? Really?!

He got limits yo. LIMITS.

sbyrstall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lurkero said:

This. So much this. It just isn't fair to criticize someone when you've got powers they don't. I mean, come on Barry! You can run faster than a speeding bullet! You criticize a regular joe wearing green spandex? Really?!

He got limits yo. LIMITS.

Even the Batman uses similar techniques at time. This is why Arrow is like a Batman-lite.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Great episode!

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couple thoughts

-I really want to see Oliver's new suit (if it's not just the same thing with Kevlar)

-This seemed almost too much like the Batman Superman dynamic. Especially with Oliver. And next week's Arrow episode (though it looks awesome) looks like it was ripped straight out of Begins and that classic scene between shirtless Batman and Ra's in the comics.

-Oliver smiled.... like three times. He needs more Barry in his life.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Gracetrack

@scouterv said:

@truemarvel said:
    @johnny_blaze said:

Thing is, you're commenting on something that's been apparent since season 2. There's no point in pointing out the obvious again.

It has been obvious since season one, episode one. Still, he does have a point about the similarities.

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

When Oliver said "I guess you are mentally healthier than me, Barry"....all I could think was truer words were never spoken.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 the_stegman  Moderator

Man, I love these shows! Just gotta say it again, and the comments on this thread make me smile!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.