Follow

Arrow

Series »

Thought to be dead after a catastrophe at sea, Oliver Queen returns to Starling City a changed man, determined to fight injustice as a hooded vigilante who comes to be known as The Arrow. Based on DC Comics' Green Arrow franchise.

'Arrow' Brings on Parker Young and Rutina Wesley for Season Four

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

Two more actors are making their way to the fourth season of CW's Arrow which starts October 7. First, Parker Young (Enlisted, Fresh off the Boat) will play Alex Davis, according EW, and he will work for Oliver Queen and be a love interest for Thea. In addition, Rutina Wesley reportedly just closed a deal to be in a multi-episode arc for the fourth season, according to TheWrap. No news yet on who she will be playing on the show though.

Arrow returns to CW on October 7.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 owie  Moderator

Response!

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

Oh great, more potential love interests, because...ya know...Arrow didn't already have a billion

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Love me some Rutina Wesley! So awesome.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

I was hoping we'd get some time to see Thea solo before throwing in a new love interest, or even before Ollie returned...

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Thea really need a love interest?

Better question, actually: Does Arrow even need Thea?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: she's their version of Mia, it kind of works

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Cloakx14

i wonder who Rutina Wesley will play ?

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

You know there is introducing love interests and their is making painfully obvious and long clicheed love stories by announcing who the love interest is gonna be beforehand.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

@scouterv: she's their version of Mia, it kind of works

Does Arrow really need a version of Mia then?

Has she ever really brought anything to the show, besides possibly making Oliver more relatable? Because on her own she's been a very dull character to me.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: they don't really need her...but I like seeing her, I kind of think she's hot when she wants to be and her fighting skill just tops that

I wanted them to kill her off at one point because she was being so bitchy in every episode. I don't like the idea of these new love interests, I wanted her to be a cool badass female not another damsel

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mrnoital

@scouterv: she's had a moment or 2 in the last season, and with the way things are set up season 4 could possibly be one of the best, a more relaxed and happy Ollie, Mia using her training from Malcolm for good, Diggle running everything, without Mia, Diggle would be all alone

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Thea was just becoming a strong person, not just the girl defined by who she's dating, kinda upset they're giving her another boy toy.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

YAY Rutina has been amazing in Hannibal this season!

~MiB

marcohtx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to see Rutina on this show. She is an awesome shape, so I hope she is playing a heroic character. Other than Vixen, the only black female hero DC has that I can think of is Bumblebee. Maybe she is an older version of that character.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am okay with Thea having a love interest as long as it doesn't turn into what Oliver and Felicity did. Please no more of that.

Actually, I support most anything that takes the focus off of Oliver and Felicity.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
    IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lurkero: Lol. I gotta blame the fans for that. They wanted Ollicity so badly that I think the creators just acquiesced. Unfortunately, they decided to play around with this whole "will they or won't they" for the last 2 seasons and it got annoying. They also (whether intentionally or unintentionally) made Laurel one of the most...disliked characters of the show, which is bad considering she was supposed to be the main love interest.

Side note: I wish all these comic book movies and shows would stop revealing everything. I don't need to know every character/storyline beforehand and I'm hyped enough. I'd like to actually be surprised when I watch it.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Enough with the love interests already!

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcohtx said:

Good to see Rutina on this show. She is an awesome shape, so I hope she is playing a heroic character. Other than Vixen, the only black female hero DC has that I can think of is Bumblebee. Maybe she is an older version of that character.

Static Shock featured a few black, female characters. I doubt it, but maybe she's a version of one of them? I actually liked Nails, and She-Bang was a big deal.

There's also Rocket, who is Icon's sidekick who used a device called the Inertia Belt.

@scouterv: they don't really need her...but I like seeing her, I kind of think she's hot when she wants to be and her fighting skill just tops that

I wanted them to kill her off at one point because she was being so bitchy in every episode. I don't like the idea of these new love interests, I wanted her to be a cool badass female not another damsel

Meh. In all honesty, she looks too much like Miley Cyrus to me, and Miley has all the visual appeal of a raw chicken in my eyes. She's a fine fighter, I guess, but...eh. I'm just not feeling her character. Disliked her since season one, which was fine when I hated everyone except Felicity. Now, I appreciate most everyone except her and Laurel.

@mrnoital said:

@scouterv: she's had a moment or 2 in the last season, and with the way things are set up season 4 could possibly be one of the best, a more relaxed and happy Ollie, Mia using her training from Malcolm for good, Diggle running everything, without Mia, Diggle would be all alone

Well, he's got Laurel. Plus, I don't think he'll see Mia as much of a warrior as opposed to almost his younger sister (which I think will be a plot point for an episode or two.)

"Why won't you just trust me out there!"

"Because you're not a soldier! You're not a warrior! You're not Roy, you're not Malcolm, and you're not your brother...and I don't...I just don't want anything to happen to you, alright? I don't know what I'd do if I let something happen to you--what Oliver would do!"

Or something like that.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: lol, I don't know, I guess it was probably the mermaid theory, in season 1 and 2 I hated a few characters and how they acted except felicity, then they CW-Ified her and now I'm even starting to appreciate laurel more than her, but despite all this, arrow is my favourite TV show, how I met your mother will always be the best though

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did they list what she played in? She was one of my favorite characters on True Blood, well up until Season 3 where the whole series went to crap.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why the CW is a joke.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not very excited for another Thea relationship. And how is he going to be working for Oliver? Does Oliver have his company back?

And I agree they should stop telling us everything about who these people are playing.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#23  Edited By The Impersonator

I was disappointed in her off-screen death in the last season of True Blood. Then again, it's good to see her in Arrow. My guess is she could play Vixen.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Coincidence?

Janjaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am gonna give Arrow two episodes to win me again. I am tempted to drop it.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By COBRAMORPH

that pic is as bad, if not worse, than the actress playing Hawkgirl showing off her HUGE mouth.

But, she is probly Vixen, if not a black Zatanna or Raven, Madame Xanadu, Morgan Le Fay, or some magical female with Constantine involved. Or, she'll be Bumblebee, maybe Girl-Steel.

Why cant that guy NOT be there, & Roy still be?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.