Follow

Arrow

Series »

Thought to be dead after a catastrophe at sea, Oliver Queen returns to Starling City a changed man, determined to fight injustice as a hooded vigilante who comes to be known as The Arrow. Based on DC Comics' Green Arrow franchise.

Arrow #314 "The Return"

• 51 results
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

"I keep my promises, kid."

"I bet Thea and Laurel will be my favorite characters." Show of hands: who said that when Season 3 started? If you're raising your hand, you're either a liar or part of a very small group. But here you have it, people. Arrow has turned one amazingly unlikable character and one okay one into rational, appealing characters. Thea's suddenly the voice of reason and means well and, unlike almost everyone else, she's able to respond accordingly to big news -- even after it has been blatantly withheld from her. I mean, if you're going to lie to someone, maybe say something other than "now isn't the right time," Oliver. Because that's sure to make them change the subject, yeah? Anyway, let's talk about the episode.

"Why is Oliver brought back to Starling City? Why does Amanda Waller need him?" Those two thoughts appeared in my head when last week's episode concluded. Thankfully, they justify bringing Ollie back to his home but the handling of the mission is kind of iffy. We're talking about a person with Amanda Waller's resources bringing Oliver -- a guy who tried to escape while in another country -- back to his home. It's a little tough to believe they didn't keep him on a shorter leash and his way of eluding detection wasn't the best around ("Nothing to see here; just a shady guy watching you"), but despite those nit-picky critiques, this look into the past did offer a good amount of emotion. Having Oliver see how far his sister has fallen was pretty moving and a nice reminder of how much Speedy has changed since the first season. It also enhanced the Laurel/Quentin dynamic and, even though that didn't get much focus, Paul Blackthorne's performance was superb. What's up with CW dads nailing the emotion? Joe West gets the tears flowing over in The Flash and here, Quentin is killing the emotional scenes. Oh, and China White keeping calm and collected under pressure was quite cool.

Look, there's no way around it: I'm always going to be excited if the show brings Deathstroke back. Manu Bennett did an awesome job as the lethal character, so the chance to see him scream at Oliver and threaten him once again is terrific. That said, he does come off as feeling a tad underused. It's understandable since the episode needs to focus on the Thea/Oliver and Laurel/Quentin relationships, but the action scenes with the dude weren't all that thrilling. The opening training sequence was shot well, but then the melee battle between the three of them was full of quick cuts and rough shots. That made it difficult to be impressed by the choreography and unfortunately, it was a kind of forgettable skirmish. I can't be the only one who felt like he was also downplayed physically, right? (I'm under the impression the Mirakuru wouldn't weaken.) Still, getting a solid reminder of Slade's hatred was very welcome and you can tell Manu has a blast with those lines. Those opening lines playing in Oliver's head? Oh yeah, welcome back, Slade.

Merlyn. Freaking Merlyn, man! His plan was awesomely diabolical. I love how they're handling this guy and making it abundantly clear he'll never be someone team Arrow can get behind 100%, but in this case, they're willing to put up with his nonsense. In his own messed up way, hes helping Ollie and his daughter. Slade was my favorite villain in this series, but I'm loving how they continue to handle Malcolm this season.

No Caption Provided

I don't mind a cheesy line or two, but it seemed like there were a handful of not-so-great and blunt lines. Stuff like, "I was dreaming" and "that was a booby trap" comes to mind. I'm not sure how I feel about all of the really meta stuff, either. I mean, when Maseo has the line about the disguise not working even if he had paint (or whatever) on his face, I found myself laughing and saying to myself, "that's a bit too on the noise."

John Diggle's cameo worked in this one. It's short, funny, and an organic way to remind us the dude exists. Felicity's, however, felt forced. Sure, her dialogue is funny, but it seemed like throwing a bone to the Olicity fan club. (Relax, I'm rooting for them as well.) Even then, doesn't having him first see her like that and never even tell her kind of take away from what they have just a little bit? "From the first moment I saw you, I knew I loved you. Oh yeah, that moment was just me watching you... from the shadows. Sorry for telling you about this just now."

Random thoughts: I understand his desire to do those things, but did anyone else think Oliver wasn't being smooth and stealthy like, at all? And who else thought the wig was kind of distracting while he wore that hat? How'd they get Slade back to the cell? After a "flesh wound," they just made him return to a place where he'd be stuck until he dies of old age? Seems a bit easy given how strong and deadly he is. Who else wanted to exclaim, "come on!" when Ollie blatantly dodged Thea's question while they were trapped? I'm glad they didn't wind up dragging that one out. Lastly, that ending was pretty abrupt. I guess they want to just let the moment of Malcolm feeling hate for Oliver sink in. Or at least that's how I viewed it. But if they're bringing Ray Palmer back in the next episode, it's a little surprising they didn't end with a big teaser for that story arc.

"The Return" just goes to show how much more interesting character relationships can be when they stop lying and finally tell everyone else about what's going on instead of dragging it on and on and on. Watching Oliver and Thea finally discuss these things instead of dodging them is like a breath of fresh air for the show. I get they live in a crazy world, but you can only stretch a lie for so long and it's excellent they tackled a big one in this episode instead of dragging it out; something we know they totally could have done. The emotional material here (Oliver/Thea, Laurel/Quentin) was great and, even though the action wasn't all that epic, Deathstroke's minor role was good fun. Sure, I have a number of minor criticisms with this one, but it sold most of the drama well and it has me legitimately excited to see what'll happen next with Malcolm and Laurel. Also, I know it's called team Arrow, but who else kind of wants to start calling it team Thea?

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm getting rather frustrated. I know different people review different series but where the heck is the flash review? Wheres the agent carter review?

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

^ I'd much rather see that Walking Dead review after this weeks stellar episode.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke :( from best villain of all 3 series to jobbing to thea with one shot of a log

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@truemarvel said:

I'm getting rather frustrated. I know different people review different series but where the heck is the flash review? Wheres the agent carter review?

I couldn't review last night's episode of The Flash because I was (and still am) sick and in bed about 90% of the day. Caught something nasty at Toy Fair. Figured my health and making a quick recovery was more important than reviewing it.

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry to hear that K4tzm4n. I was really looking forward to that flash review. Get well soon

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Deathstroke :( from best villain of all 3 series to a jobbing vs thea with one shot of a log

Keep in mind Slade was in a prison for who knows how long with no way to train.

Meanwhile Thea has been receiving constant training from Malcolm and Ollie has been doing his normal Ollie things. So yeah

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By SupBatz

As a big fan of Thea, I loved this episode. 9.5 out of 10 from me.

Anjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A few things bugged me about this episode. For one, I thought the flashback was kind of absurd. Is Starling City the smallest city in America? How else can they explain how Ollie happened to run into every character in the series, AND all of their (sometimes deceased) friends or relatives. It's that a little strange? It feels like that entire sequence was pure fanservice. I also think it's strange how China White could have so many run-ins with Oliver here, but didn't recognize that he was Oliver Queen, or couldn't recognize him at all when they fought several times in season 1.

Then, back in the present, why does Oliver care about the guard that Malcolm murdered? This is something that's bothered me for a while now. Ollie's "No Kill" policy is kind of half-assed and only seems to apply to him and his friends/family seemingly at random. He doesn't care that Diggle uses a gun and shoots to kill most of the time, but anyone else will get thrown off the team if they kill, like how he treated Sara (occasionally) and Roy.

But why would he ignore the fact that Malcolm murdered an innocent man while letting Slade free? Does this mean that Ollie will basically let Malcolm do whatever he wants under the pretense that "We need him." I'm still not clear why they need him anyway. When Ra's comes back, Malcolm's going to be involved in the fight whether he likes it or not, so it seems like a better course of action to just use him as a distraction, especially if he's just murdering random people to prove a point.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 k4tzm4n  Moderator

I'm sorry to hear that K4tzm4n. I was really looking forward to that flash review. Get well soon

Thanks, I appreciate it.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@truemarvel said:

I couldn't review last night's episode of The Flash because I was sick and in bed about 90% of the day. Caught something nasty at Toy Fair. Figured my health and making a quick recovery was more important than reviewing it.

You figured wrong damn it!

I kid. I kid. I was just so excited to share my excitement regarding the end of the flash episode. And I don't think we've had a agent carter review in 2 weeks and counting. All these bottled up feels!!!!

greeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n:

Sorry to hear that k4tzm4n, hope you get better soon and apologies for almost giving you flak for no Flash review.

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

-Spoilers- I think they handled Slade poorly with this episode. They treated it like letting the pup out of the play pin for fresh air. When Green Arrows little sister is the variable that tips the scales against Deathstroke the Terminator something is definitely wrong. And Slade still holds this dumb grudge which should have dissipated at the end of season 2. At this rate the mainstream Arrow demographic is going to identify Slade as the overly attached boyfriend/acquaintance who (thank god) was shown mercy by Thea Queen. Then he's back in his cell? Talk about anti-climactic. The writers need to get a clue with this character. Otherwise the episode was decent. I'm a bit biased of course but it truly ticks me off to see this disservice to what should be DC's worlds deadliest assassin.

Avatar image for obsidian_raindrop1
    obsidian_raindrop1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best episode of season 3.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that I have to wait to see Flash and Slade until Friday is killing me

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#15  Edited By SynCig

I thought this was one of the better episodes of a season that has overall been very mediocre. I agree with the 4 stars. This show has grown to frustrate me greatly. Every once in a while we get a solid episode like this one but more often than not we have been getting sub-par episodes.

Seeing Slade again was nice but I do think they could have handled that better. As someone who was such a massive threat before, he was taken down a bit too easy for my tastes (even if he isn't juiced up now). I liked seeing Ollie and Thea finally hashing out some of their problems. One of my bigger frustrations with this season has been the pointless secret keeping and that has gone away now. Some of the fights were cool as well. It was also nice to see that they haven't completely forgotten about Diggle's brother even though it's been a looooong time since they touched on that particular dangling plot thread.

On to the negatives. The flashbacks this week were pointless. Their primary purpose seemed to have some old characters (Tommy specifically) pop back in. It was cool to see him again but all those scenes did was stretch my ability to suspend disbelief. Ollie came back and spied on his family only to return to Waller because his dad said something to him in a recording he happened upon during his mission. It's also not much different from what Robert Queen told him on the boat before offing himself so I'm not sure how Oliver was suddenly touched by his words this time. Again, it was kind of cool to see some of these things but overall the flashbacks this week (and pretty much all season) aren't really doing much for me. Lastly, the Laurel scene where she tells her father that he has been pushing her towards that mask for years was dumb. Having her fight to keep him from slipping back into his alcoholism was effective but that line about the mask was really stupid.

In conclusion, if Arrow can maintain the quality of this episode for the rest of the season then it might be enough to save it but at this point I doubt that will happen. Too much of this season has been a roller coaster of quality.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash review?

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke :( from best villain of all 3 series to jobbing to thea with one shot of a log

Keep in mind Slade has been in prison for around a year, unable to seriously exercise/train and fed only adequately enough. Even with all that he had Ollie on the losing end and only lost because he had his back turned.

Anyways, I thought this was a step up from the mostly lacking episodes we've been getting recently. I was a little wary of this episode to start with since it seemed like filler, and it kind of was, but it was done nicely at least.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This this was the worst Arrow episode I have ever seen. No exaggeration. This episode, was boring, uneventful AND a let down based on preview, and live viewing.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dan12456

You mentioned mirakuru not decreasing in strength, remember he was "cured" of it at the end if last season. He has no super strength anymore (sorry if that's not what you meant). Decent episode, liked the Thea-Oliver stuff. But found the flashbacks 90% pointless. The really badly need to explain why Waller has any interest in using Oliver at all soon, because it really detracts from the stories in my opinion since it makes no sense why she would use such an unreliable agent with no real unique skill set.

Definitely the worst episode since Christmas for me, but IMO arrow has been better than flash since then, so it's not a big deal, just was a slow episode.

Edit: I would be remiss not to mention how awesome it was to see tommy again, great character and actor.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Arrow is dropping in quality because The CW is focusing on The Flash which has been very good with some weaknesses....

Hopefully. When The Flash gets it's own fan base like Arrow, the focus will go to Arrow...

Anyway, I am rinsing that this Season has no "real" villain...

Ra's isn't threatening Starling like Merlyn and Slade, he is unknowingly after Thea so Oliver picked a fight sigh him...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@sachmoo: Thank you this episode was crap. I was bored. Way too many uneeded flash back scenes. @comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: Slade cold cocks Ollie in the first part then in the end gets shot in the arm and loses off panel? Anti climatic handling of Slade really ticked me off too man.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

This season has really dropped the ball big time,Laurel being the big exception much to my own amusement. Thea has taken a good turn so that's another positive but their use of Ra's al Ghul is coming back to haunt them. He just doesn't work as a Green Arrow villain,the previous seasons were saved primarily because of charismatic villains,that's my firm belief. They dont have that going for them any more, they are struggling to get Ra's more involved but just cant decide how to do it.

The flashbacks are dull as hell,I like Maseo but the story is not compelling in the slightest. Slade is still stuck in the same place both literally and figuratively,what was all that coda crap about his story taking a new direction after this episode?

Should've saved Vertigo and Drakon or used Brick,the 3 episodes with him were by far the best.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: @sachmoo: same here. It seems flash is getting better than Arrow now and can we stop with the stupid Flashbacks? So annoying.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Atom Armor???? really?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

.....eh

Not really digging this season, and this EP didn't help

Kyle_Dornez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For all fanservice with Slade, this episode feels like a filler -___-

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This the first episode in a long time where I actually skipped the flash backs. The flash backs this season are terrible.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lurkero

It's almost as if when characters stop keeping ridiculous secrets from their family and friends, interactions become a lot more appealing. Seeing Thea evolve over the course of the past 2 episodes has been great because it finally seems like her character is maturing beyond being the misguided damsel looking for help. Thea has always been the character in danger who others have to save, but I can see her evolving past that now. Her response to Malcolm at the end was exactly what I expected. Thea realized that she still needed the training and experience, but she no longer wanted Malcolm to think of her as family. I was hoping that when Malcolm looked over, Oliver would have given Malcolm an intense "shrug" which said, "hey man, you're the one who turned your daughter into a killer".

I'm still tired of Oliver's "no killing" morality though. At what point is it considered okay to kill someone who constantly threatens lives? 5 seconds before Thea was aiming a gun at Slade, Slade was prepared to murder Thea. I don't think any rational person would consider Thea a "murderer" for defending herself against a threat, and Oliver needs to get past that too. I liked Malcolm's plan to influence them to fight, but I felt that Slade was underused here. If they are going to fight Ra's they will not have a chance to hesitate before killing. If they do, then I will consider it bad writing.

"If you would have told me the truth about Shado that night then maybe your mother would be alive."

I know that characters are supposed to make mistakes in order to make watching interesting, but I don't think Slade could have summarized the past 2 seasons any better. Oliver keeping secrets has hurt more than it has helped. I don't even understand why he keeps some of the secrets he does.

@k4tzm4n said:

I couldn't review last night's episode of The Flash because I was (and still am) sick and in bed about 90% of the day.

Katzman! You have FAILED this city!

Wait...wrong show.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I don't like the actress that plays Thea, Willa Holland, I think her delivery is always very predictable and sort of presentational- when she has a monologue it sounds like a business pitch. She's very soap operatic.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Excellent episode! Great review as always Gregg, and hopefully you get to feeling better soon!

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By MrMazz

God that Starling City flashback on one hand it's a hilarious mediation of the need to use contracted actors and sets on the other man it came off as super prequely in a bad way.

While I was not thrilled with how they handeled Thea being brought in on it, the revelation that she technically murdered Sara works. Though it once again gives Ollie a woman he loves who has been touched by the Darkness to "save" and well he has a less than stellar track record with that. Batman has a better track record with his Robins than Ollie has with saving the woman in his life.

Cheap Plug to User Review

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rogueshadow  Moderator

Such a sh*tty episode, there've been so many failures logic this season. The arm through the cage thing was so ridiculous, Ollie being back in Starling, Slade being a crappy fighter etc. Just so much contrived drama, I'm getting close to ditching this show.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garbage episode.

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've lost complete interest in this show.

Too many characters becoming badass fighters.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By mickey-mouse

@mrmazz: Yeah fitting in Diggle & Felecity was the most annoying thing about the Flashbacks. The writers and show runner is like; I know this doesn't make sense, but damn we've got contracts to follow. @rogueshadow: @jestersmiles: I'm with you guys. This season of Arrow has sucked; getting me all hype for Ras Al Ghul and this n****a only been in like 2 or 3 episodes. They've invovolved Brick and China White more into the plot than Ras. Too much soap opera Drama this season; Felecity becoming annoying, killing off the wrong sister, lying to her dad when telling him would have been so simple, etc.

Most of the Flashbacks have been filler garbage, stuff that doesn't really change anything and just confirms stuff we already knew. Ollie coming back to startling city makes Waller seen crazy & stupid. Did we really need that Flashback of Meryln killing that guy?

I'm not gonna dump this show, but it's gone from an A grade season last year to a mediocre C- season this year.

Scistorm4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjon said:

A few things bugged me about this episode. For one, I thought the flashback was kind of absurd. Is Starling City the smallest city in America? How else can they explain how Ollie happened to run into every character in the series, AND all of their (sometimes deceased) friends or relatives. It's that a little strange? It feels like that entire sequence was pure fanservice.

I have to point out that Oliver didn't really randomly run into most of those characters. He was actively going to places that he knew they would be at, or places they would logically be at. His house and office building? Check. The party that Tommy was having? Check. Though, I'll admit the Diggle and Felicity cameos were pretty contrived, Felicity's feeling especially weird?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rogueshadow  Moderator

@lukehero: I agree with everything you said. I'm not done with the show, but if it remains like this until the end of the season, I'm out, I know it's not meant to be hard edged drama in the sense of The Wire or The Sopranos, but Jesus, these past few episodes have been laughable, they need to get their sh*t together.

It might be better if next season they just cut it down to 13 episodes to have a tighter story, it seems like there's just tons of filler to pad out the season and it's awful filler.

Pelykan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best part of the episode was Maseo commenting on how a hoodie is not enough to hide your identity.
    Also some random drug dealer recognizes him but 2 episodes ago when he gave a goddamn press conference on top of a van in front of at least a hundred people no one recognized him.

And I honestly don't understand this whole training thing. Oliver is a better fighter than Thea so he won't learn anything from her. Thea can learn some stuff from Oliver which isn't on par with Ras which still leaves you with two fighters lacking the necessary skills to take him down.

They should just give Batman a call and let him handle it.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40  Edited By GalacticFork

Ugh, the island stuff was OK, but wow, the flashback stuff was like a really bad fanservicey prequel. "Let's have all the characters talking about currently relevant stuff as a nod to the fans just as Oliver is near by!" And Maseo's line about the paint on his face. Gah. The only part I enjoyed was the big argument between Laurel and Captain Lance, but they had to ruin it by having Laural conveniently referencing it at the end. Sure is lucky they had it the night Oliver was in town and at the party he crashed or we'd have never known what Laurel was talking about.

*deep breaths* OK, am I the only one who wanted Thea to shoot Slade? That at least would have been unexpected. I will say that Thea telling off Merlyn was really nicely done, at least.

@pelykan: I think Merlyn's plan was supposed to be about team work (rather than getting them to murder Slade... i guess). Cause you spend a weekend in the woods and suddenly you can totally work as one (that was sarcasm).

Avatar image for the_average_bear
    The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Regarding the review: Wait I thought the Mirakuru wasn't in Slades blood anymore after the season 2 finale?

Herx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

Now although i did like the episode (acknowledging that it had its problems i.e. Slade is cured of his miracuru (or however its spelt) so would he still be influenced by its madness or is it something which has just become his character now?) i will agree with the rest that this season has been feeling lack-lustre compared to the previous 2. Ra's does not have the same presence as Merlin or Slade had plus his threat to the city doesn't seem as threataning as the others. Season 1 and 2 we saw Merlin and Slades plans develop. In this season we do not see Ra's plans at all and thus there is no build up for the confrentation between him and Oliver. Personally I would have liked it if the "murder-mystery" of who killed Sarah was the main plot of season 3, with characters such as the new count Vetigo, china white, Brick and (hell) Amanda Waller adn ARGUS being more prevalent in the main story line (as well as the flashbacks) so that we could go down a who-dunnit rout with clues leading to either of the main villains of the season only for the true reveal to come out and slap us in the face at the end of the season. Granted, with a story such as that certain good story threads from this season such as the "Olivers dead.His mission is now our mission" which throws Roy and Laural to the centre stage, or the "no more lies, here's the truth..." between Oliver AND EVERYONE! might have been pushed to the side but I still think that certain elements (esspecially the "olivers dead" story) could have been incorporated without the main Ra's reveal. This would then have left season 4 being completely devoted to Ra's and his league and we could have had a proper build up to it with the "aliance of convenience" between Oliver and Merlin Pulling Ollie away from the rest of the team resulting in Roy, Cannary, Wildcat and Atom taking more of the cities heroic status while GA falls into the darker depth which nearly return him to his season 1 vigilanty self who failed to save his city despite his more agresive and permanent means of dealing with the corruption/evil.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The_Kidd

2.5/5 The stupid is getting a bit too overwhelming.

- This season flashbacks are beyond ridiculous, what would Waller be doing if she didn't have Oliver to do her dirty work for ARGUS. Chine White as big bad for the flashbacks was an odd choice because Olive should mention he knew her at some point in season one also she went from an international arms dealer to a low level hitter for the Triads?

- I am completely lost to why Oliver trust and needs Malcolm. Ra's attempted to kill Thea even though he doesn't know she killed Sara. There on the hit list anyway so Malcolm leverage became invalid. This also make Sara's death plot inconsequential because its not even the reason the League is after Team Arrow anymore.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Great Review Gregg pretty much agree with everything

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
    Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not directing this to the author or anything, but I am disappointed at the lack of (has there been any lately?) Agent Carter reviews. The show has been extremely enjoyable. Maybe consider reviewing the next one? I haven't been bored of a single episode yet. And the episode from this week was GREAT! I think next weeks will be even better!

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: I liked how they had Slade still obviously getting the better of Ollie. And for the log I'm sure he didn't expect anything out of thea he probs underestimated her and thought she was down for the count. Anyway I'm satisfied they made it clear they won because it was 2 on 1 and that Slade was still better than both of them individually . It kinda stinks that he's locked up though I was hoping for an eventual fight between Slade and ra's towards the end

Harryvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Harryvine

Deathstroke SUCKS!!!!! Most overrated character in the history of comics. The guy who was created to make fun of him, Deadpool, is cooler in every way possible. Do you think Marv Wolfman created Deathstroke knowing that 40 years later he would get beat up by 90 lbs Thea?

What is this show doing? I hoped the flashbacks would stop once they got off the island but nope lets flash all around. The main thing that pisses me off about this show is that it comes off like it has "arrived". NOOOOOOO! Stay humble and CW so you continue to try hard because this is the type of season that kills a show.

To the best of my knowledge, Sarah's death is the catalyst to get Ra's, The LoA, Deathstroke and Merlyn all on the same stage. It sounds nice but you are forcing these characters into a situation that makes absolutely no sense to anybody involved. Whatever, the viewer is probably a pimple faced moron, right? Like Mat does during Gotham, I guess I'll have to roll my eyes all the way to the grand finale streetfight, again.

Xenonyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Xenonyte

Slade getting bested by Thea....I nearly punched my screen.

I thought the show was doing well up until now but this episode was a real miss in my opinion. And I'm losing more and more interest about the whole Lance family, couldn't care less about them at the moment.

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#49  Edited By GREGalicious

Awesome episode and review. I completely agree about Thea and Laurel. This has really been their season and the writers are doing a great job at redeeming these characters.

I really enjoyed the Lance scenes too. I actually thought the fallout was gonna be worse than what it was. I could understand both sides; Laurel's fear of telling her father about Sara's death and Quentin's hurt/anger at being left in the dark for as long as he was. Both know their relationship will never be the same but it's like that with our families sometimes.

Laurel didn't put any blame on anyone else and took everything her father said in stride. Another good moment for her and despite all her haters, I think Sara would be proud of who she's becoming so I keep that in my mind too. Bonus points for her actually being christened "Black Canary" too btw.

Thea, despite how she might feel has grown to be such a strong young woman too. She has been doing such an awesome job of keeping her head in these trying times and I'm proud of her.

Laurel and Thea are becoming quite the bad bitches haha!!

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

So now he's on the island, having flashbacks about Starling. Gotta appreciate the irony.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.