Arkillo is the ruthless drill sergent for the Sinestro Corps. After sending out rings to recruit members, Arkillo would train the new recruits. If any recruits failed the tests, Arkillo would devour them whole.
After being forced by his Green Lantern counterpart, Kilowog, to retreat during the Battle of Mogo, Arkillo was bitter and enraged that his conflict with Kilowog was interrupted.
During the invasion of Earth, alongside the other Sinestro Corps members, Arkillo found his nemesis in San Diego, California. Arkillo did not hesitate to challenge Kilowog to a rematch and their fight to the death began. Kilowog was able to force Arkillo back and into a comic convention building. Arkillo lectured his rival, stating it was only fear that kept Kilowog from killing him. Arkillo became overconfident and was shocked when Kilowog threw an air craft carrier on top of him. Arkillo remained trapped under the debris as Kilowog removed his finger and took his ring away.
Arkillo returns in the Green Lantern Corps 'Emerald Eclipse' story arc having recovered and sporting a new ring after his battle with Kilowog. On the planet Daxam, Mongul has stolen a multitude of power rings from Sinestro Corps members that have died and is working to make himself leader of the Corps in Sinestro's abscence. Arkillo emerges from the crowd of Corps members as Mongul is declaring his official coup and challenges him for rule. The winner of their fight would be crowned leader of the Sinestro Corps from that point forward. The two engage in a brutal battle that takes a great toll on both combatants. Just as it seems Mongul has been defeated and the Sinestro Corps cheer for Arkillo, Mongul rises from the ashes. He then proceeds to hold Arkillo down as he tears out his tongue, ending the battle. Mongul mockingly looks to see if any one else would like to challenge him and then boldy states that Arkillo would be seen and not heard from that moment onward.
Later in 'Emerald Eclipse', Arkillo is seen having recovered from his fight with Mongul and is leading a platoon on Daxam to capture the local inhabitants so that they can be made slaves to the Corps. Arkillo now wears his removed tongue around his neck as a necklace as to what he refers to simply as a "reminder". At the sound of Mongul's name by fellow Corps member Wick, Arkillo kills him without hesitating.
In Green Lantern #46 Arkillo can be seen among a group of Sinestro Corps members hailing Sinestro after his defeat of the upsurper Mongul and the reestablishment of his leadership. Sinestro states that it is good to see Arkillo specifically as well as those who are with him.
In Green Lantern Corps #46 and Blackest Night #8, Arkillo can be seen fighting alongside the rest of the united lantern corps during the final assault against the Black Lantern Corps and Nekron.
Green Lantern: Sinestro
For more information see: Green Lantern: Sinestro
When Sinestro, now a member of the Green Lanterns once again, goes to Korugar, he sees Arkillo and the Sinestro Corp has taken over the planet. Later when Sinestro returns with Hal Jordon, Professor Insidd mentions that Arkillo is off planet and out of the running for leader of the Sinestro Corps.
The Ring Bearer
For more information see: Green Lantern: New Guardians - The Ring Bearer #1 - Vol. 1
In the wake of the DC Universe's relaunch in September 2011, Arkillo will be a member of Kyle Rayner's New Guardians. The rest of the team with consist of members from the different colored corps including, the Red Lantern Bleez, the Indigo Tribe member Munk, the Blue Lantern Saint Walker, the Star Sapphire Fatality, and the Orange Lantern Glomulus. He as the other members of the corps go to earth in order to find what has taken their fellow lantern's rings and see why these rings have gone to Kyle. The lanterns then battle it out and are seen chasing Kyle and end up helping Kyle battle the Guardians. Ganthet is seen to be able to take on the lanterns and is capable of defeating them all. The Guardians are seen how everything in front of them is theirs only for Larfleeze to come crashing through the ceiling and aiding the lanterns. The lanterns then escape and go to the Vega system, where Saint Walker uses his ring to heal Arkillo and return him his tongue. Larfleeze then requests the lanterns to head into a large vessel known as the Orrery. Due to the vessel being so big the lanterns split into groups and he is seen being partnered with Saint Walker when searching through the Orrery. While searching Invictus who is the protector of the Orrery begins to attack the New Guardians due to Glomulus bearing the mark of "The Beast." The New Guardians then battle Invictus and he is seen to easily overpower all of them and then decides to kill Saint Walker first. Arkillo is then seen jumping in to protect Saint Walker saying that he will not harm him however Invictus easily overpowers him and sends Arkillo flying. Kyle is then seen reasoning with Invictus and is able to let Invictus set them free as long as they kill Larfleeze.
After Leaving the Orrery The New Guardians discover that the Sinestro Corps has been slain and Arkillo leaves for Korugar in order to investigate. He discovers the Weaponer about to be executed and then saves him only to find out that his corps has essentially been wiped out. The Weaponer then offers Arkillo a new ring and lantern that hasn't been tainted by Sinestro however they're both unstable however Arkillo accepts the ring and lantern and is then seen charging the ring and bursting through the wall to battle the squad that has been sent to kill him and The Weaponer.
Powers and Abilities
Arkillo is a ruthless fighter using teeth and claw to rip his enemy apart. Arkillo will use any method to his advantage if it would help out the Sinestro Corps. In addition, Arkillo possesses superhuman strength and durability to an undefined extent; it was, however, enough to engage in prolonged hand-to-hand combat with Mongul.
Qwardian (Yellow) Power Ring which give him the following abilities:
- Animating: A Sinestro Lantern can will things to move how he wants. The object moved however is often covered in a yellow aura.
- Artificial Intelligence : Every ring has a connection to the Main Battery on Qward, which taps into Parallax. It acts as an "on-board computer," telling the wearer what they need to know. It can either respond out loud, or silently directly to the wearer's mind. The AI contains a large database of information that may be crucial to a "Sinestro's" success. The ring also translates nearly every language to and from the wearer, which is why the Corps can communicate with each other. When the bearer of a Sinestro Corps ring dies, the ring will seek out a suitable replacement for their sector, someone capable of instilling great fear.
- Communicator: The ring can act as a personal communicator between Sinestro Lanterns. They have also been seen connected to telephones. Weather
- Costumes: The wearer of the ring may create any costume they choose, based on their personal preferences, whenever they choose. The ring projects the costume over any clothes already worn at the time.
- Energy Projection: The rings can also project beams, form protective bubbles and force fields, and fire destructive blasts. Sometimes, depending on the wearer, the beams and blasts make sounds.
- Energy Constructs: The rings can construct anything the wearer can imagine from hard-light energy, as long as they are willing to make it. The more determined the wearer is, the more complex and intricate these things can be. The constructs can even be so complex as to form working machines, computers, and even people.
- Flight: The ring allows the wearer to fly in atmosphere or in space, and can achieve incredible speeds, moving from planet to planet in a matter of hours.
- Invisibility: The Sinestro Corps ring has the ability to make the wielder invisible.
- Mind Control: The wearer of the Ring can use it to plant post hypnotic commands or control a person.
- Mirages: The Ring can create mirages/illusions.
- Phasing: The ring allows the user to go through walls.
- Power Absorbing: In the JLA's first fight with Amazo, it was GL who defeated him by drawing out all of Amazo's powers. In Green Lantern/Silver Surfer: Unholy Alliances, Kyle defeated Parallax with SS' power and Thanos with Oa's energy by drawing out all that extra energy from them which made them unconscious. However he couldn't hold all that power nor could his Ring like Hal did with Amazo's powers, so that move isn't often used with so much power.
- Probing: The ring can probe the Lantern's or another person's mind, allowing him to uncover memories or the person's thoughts.
- Radiation: Besides light based radiation used to create the energy constructs associated with a Sinestro Corps member or a Green Lantern, the ring can simulate various forms of radiation. One example of this is the ability to simulate the radiation of Red solar radiation, which stunts or removes the powers of Kryptonians and Daxamites.
- Recharging: The rings need to be recharged by means of a Power Battery. Other large sources of power may be used to recharge a power ring, however effectiveness may vary. The internal power source of a Manhunter Android is, in effect, the same as a power battery, and can be used to recharge a power ring. During the JLA / Avengers crossover, a Cosmic Cube was used to recharge a depleted ring, although this is not an ideal solution and is available if there are no other options. Members of the Sinestro Corps they generally quote the Sinestro Corps oath while recharging their rings: "In blackest day, in brightest night, Beware your fears made into light! Let those who try to stop what's right, Burn like his power... Sinestro's might!” Unlike the Green Lantern Corps however each Sinestro Corps member seems to use a standard unaltered oath.
- Temperature Control: The Ring can increase or decrease the temperature of anything, even something as large as stars, or even create bubbles of intense heat or cold, even down to Absolute Zero..
- X-Ray: The Sinestro power ring has the ability to see through all objects without others around him/her being aware that the object has been made transparent. Not all material can be penetrated though.
DC Universe Online - Arkillo appears in game during the Sinestro Corps event. Arkillo can also be found wandering the game as a bounty for heroes to fight.