Follow

Arkham Asylum

Location » Arkham Asylum appears in 1360 issues.

Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane is a fictional prison that is located in Gotham City. It is where most of Batman's enemies are imprisoned for treatment.

What is the Most Scariest thing in comics?

MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 0

Edited By MTHarman

What is the scariest thing in comics?

When it comes to reading comics, it’s very rare to see anything that’s strongly related to horror within both DC and Marvel. Usually we get the violent, the disturbing, and the shocking experience within some comics, but what about the experience that gives you the suspenseful and frightening rush as a single comic takes you into a horrifying world that would only be thought of in your darkest dreams?

Marvel has tried their attempts with the horror genre and proved quite successful with their very own werewolves, vampires, and Man-things when first introducing them. But a new age screams for new horrors as media gave the horror genre a new face. When having the young audience defining the true meaning of horror to the likes of Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees, sadly we see Marvel’s famous monsters struggling for comic sales and steady flow of appearances.

Both Marvel and DC has shared their attempts on giving off horror stories and made several attempts on reviving the original horror. But with the attention that heroes and major story arcs give, there’s little room for any original horror that once bloomed into fame among the Comic Industries.

However, there is one concept (and yes by personal definition it is a concept because of how it is treated) that has successfully grew into a horror story of it’s own. Perfectly fitting into the modern age and respectfully gaining a great amount of attention as the most successful place that has defined horror in a new and most confusing way. By personal experience in the horror genre, it’s quite difficult on trying to define and display insanity, until DC comics successfully accomplished this since 1989. We were introduced into a hell like none other, a hell that rides on both insanity and death. The horror that wasn’t introduced as a monster, but as the result of man’s failures formed into a hell of it’s own.  

What is the most scariest thing in comics? Is a challenging and interesting question that had me proudly answer that question with some research and comparison. But the real challenge for me was finding a way to convince my choice to the audience, and proudly I found myself giving something that Comicvine or any 3-minute expert video never gave or probably would never give.

Channel Badguy proudly gives you terror, the creepiness, and the scariest thing successfully made within comics, with an additional smile to it.

I hope you enjoy and I thankyou for watching.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By IrishX

Another good one.  

mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mark5
    @IrishX said:
    Another good one.  
    Agreed
    B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By B'Town

The strings are a perfect touch, I feel I will have to listen to them for now on when reading Batman.  Nice job, Mr. Harman.

likalaruku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By likalaruku

Well, Gotham City Sirens 23 had a page of Joker & Harley kissing. 

Not one person in my comics club responded to that positively.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.