Follow

Arisia

Character » Arisia appears in 524 issues.

Arisia is the Green Lantern of Space Sector 2815. Her family has a long and proud history of serving in the Green Lantern Corps, and she has honored that lineage by serving with distinction in many of the Corps' harrowing campaigns.

Good Starting Point for Reading Up on Arisia?

Avatar image for the_ghost_writer
    The Ghost Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The Ghost Writer

I'm interested in learning more about Arisia (and most of the GL Corps in general, truth be told), so I'm wondering what would be a good story arc to start on to get to know her character better, either recently or from older issues. Any suggestions? I'm particularly interested in stories with great artwork and storytelling as well, so take from that what you will (lol :P).

M-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By M-Demon

I'm not massive GL knowledge base or anything, but I started picking up on her (and most all other DC titles) in 1987, right after Crisis on Infinite Earths. She is in the entire run of Green Lantern Corps Volume 1 (1986) which is probably as good of a jump on point for the modern Green Lanterns in general, including Arisia. You'll find that these issues focus on her getting past her "teenage" persona in hopes of making Hal Jordan notice her more as an adult. Alongside her you also get Hal Jordan, John Stewart and Katma Tui (already together but not married), the first appearance of Kilowog, the annoying and silly Ch'p, and Salaak. Plus Guy Gardner and Start Sapphire appear with their own stories throughout the series run.

The non-fighting panels are good and definitely worth the read. But the actual fights in the majority of this run are completely passable. You'll have to take this run more for the historic character building than anything else

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.