Follow

Ares

Character » Ares appears in 779 issues.

Ares is the son of Zeus and the Olympian God of War. After years of fighting against The Avengers, Thor, and mostly his own brother Hercules, Ares joined the ranks of the Avengers. He was a member of Tony Stark's official Avengers team and later Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers. After he attacked Osborn for tricking him in starting Siege on Asgard, he was stopped and killed by the Sentry.

Kill Count - who has the most in the old fashioned sense?

A_O_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Edited By A_O_N

After reading yesterday's Uncanny X-force, I wondered who has the most victims. No destroying entire cities, races, planets or galaxies in a single effort. Just hack and slash kill count.

I was thinking Wolverine or Punisher but I don't think they can surpass Ares.

No Caption Provided
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dakens son

Sabretooth!!
    He used to be themost vicious,lehtal,emotionless,restless son of a b**** eveeer!!!
    He didn't have a reason to murder and dismember he just did for fan!
    All you had to do is point him at the right direction and let stab,hack,smash,kill.(see the night of the mutant massacre)

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Dakens son said:
    " Sabretooth!!He used to be themost vicious,lehtal,emotionless,restless son of a b**** eveeer!!!He didn't have a reason to murder and dismember he just did for fan!All you had to do is point him at the right direction and let stab,hack,smash,kill.(see the night of the mutant massacre) "
    Ares has been about for thousands of years there's no way Sabertooth has more kills than him 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3  Edited By SC  Moderator

Via on panel confirmation? Probably Ares. I think Tyr could have a higher tally. Oh... depending what you mean by victims as well? Frost giants? Thor might be higher too. Its a cultural thing. 

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dakens son
    @SC said:
    " Via on panel confirmation? Probably Ares. I think Tyr could have a higher tally. Oh... depending what you mean by victims as well? Frost giants? Thor might be higher too. Its a cultural thing.  "
    uuuhhmm just for the record Ares is the god of war so be sure old warmonger has million more body bags to fill than tyr or any other asgardian,maybe Heimdal can be a test but I doubt that.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Dakens son said:
    " @SC said:
    " Via on panel confirmation? Probably Ares. I think Tyr could have a higher tally. Oh... depending what you mean by victims as well? Frost giants? Thor might be higher too. Its a cultural thing.  "
    uuuhhmm just for the record Ares is the god of war so be sure old warmonger has million more body bags to fill than tyr or any other asgardian,maybe Heimdal can be a test but I doubt that. "

My friend! Tyr is a god of war in a war faring and war celebrating culture that celebrated war a lot more than Ares people. Tyr is also much older. Heimdall? Are you just throwing random names out there for the record? =p
    A_O_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By A_O_N
    @SC said:
    " @Dakens son said:
    " @SC said:
    uuuhhmm just for the record Ares is the god of war so be sure old warmonger has million more body bags to fill than tyr or any other asgardian,maybe Heimdal can be a test but I doubt that. "

My friend! Tyr is a god of war in a war faring and war celebrating culture that celebrated war a lot more than Ares people. Tyr is also much older. Heimdall? Are you just throwing random names out there for the record? =p
    "
    Frost giants can count if they were killed through physical confrontation. I guess Tyr could have a chance. Ares was abandoned by his people, so he mostly worked alone which would have resulted in more kills. With Tyr the kills would have been spread out among other Asgardians resulting in less kills overall for Tyr. Does that make any sense?
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @A_O_N: Potentially, but Asgardians were probably at war much more over their history and books support this to some extent. Working alone could also mean fighting less enemies. Tyr was basically Thor before Thor, and even Thor was/is considered a war god. In myths at least and so potentially in his past. I am definitely not going to bet though lol, its more of a consideration type thing ^_^ Ares would be my more objective choice based on evidence we have rather than conjecture! 
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dakens son
    @SC said:
    Ares is the first notified god of war in human history.Ancient Doriis(ancestors of spartans)as most of ancient greeks(and Romans later)they didnt' pray to him not until battle,where they used to gather and sacrifice goats as a paradigm for the first blood and to guide their swords towards enemies,so in a matter of speaking Ares could kill without his presence attended.
    Now about marvel comics I mentioned Heimdal due to the fact that he is arrogant in comparison with Tyr,who as you rightfully said is the god of war but he looks a bit more responsible in his actions.
     @A_O_N:
    If you are talking about comics thats true,about history actually he was abandoned by christians.
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dakens son

ooooh I forgot to mention that Ares never hated Hercules(exept in marvel comics),
    due to the fact that Herc could level a city just with a punch he tried to befriended him.

A_O_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By A_O_N

I didn't mean abandoned by Christians (lol) I meant by other Greek gods. He got captured and they didn't help him; I can look for the scan of it if you want but it was in the same comic as he tries to give War Machine inspiration to kill.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Dakens son said:
    " @SC said:
    Ares is the first notified god of war in human history.Ancient Doriis(ancestors of spartans)as most of ancient greeks(and Romans later)they didnt' pray to him not until battle,where they used to gather and sacrifice goats as a paradigm for the first blood and to guide their swords towards enemies,so in a matter of speaking Ares could kill without his presence attended.
    Now about marvel comics I mentioned Heimdal due to the fact that he is arrogant in comparison with Tyr,who as you rightfully said is the god of war but he looks a bit more responsible in his actions.
     @A_O_N: If you are talking about comics thats true,about history actually he was abandoned by christians. "
    there must have been a god of war before Ares
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Dakens son:  Not in Marvel he is not. So your applying the wrong context to my comments. I can see what you mean, by surely you must realize my context is different to yours? Tyr? Nah, he is now, but for a long time he as basically Ares. Big time groper he was. Use to steal weapons to for the thrill of the kill! =D 
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dakens son
    @SC:
    I dunno,in my point of view Tyr had some sense in marvel universe,Ares's more of a brute.
    @ A_O_N:
    yes in comics he was abandoned by  Zeus and the other olympians thats true.In real time christians forbid him.
     @spiderbat87:
    Well,based upon my studies and some immovable facts he is the first to be noticed.
    D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14  Edited By D3athstroke
    @SC said:

@Dakens son said:

" @SC said:

Tyr IS Younger Then Ares And His Followers Are Nothing in Front of Armies of Rome and Sparta
    HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By HellionVulcan

In marvel Ares no doubt like he said he fought half the world to get his son back & won ,thats gotta be an insane kill total .

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By seekquaze
    @D3athstroke said:
    Tyr IS Younger Then Ares And His Followers Are Nothing in Front of Armies of Rome and Sparta 
    We don't know that.  The ages of the different gods has never been made clear.  With the Asgardians it is worse due to the Ragnarok cycle.  And the Germans did a pretty good job of keeping the Romans out of their country for years and even later conquered Rome itself.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.