Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4626 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Who here would read Aquaman: Secret Origin?

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

I just picked up Geoff Johns' first Aquaman trade, volume 1: The Trench. So far I'm absolutely loving it, and my mind can't help but wonder if Johns were able to stay on AQ long enough, if he could do something similar for the character like he did for Hal Jordan over in GL. I mean he's already taken Aquaman, with that famous Geoff Johns magic, from his extremely underrated status and made him an awesome powerhouse hero in the comics world again.

I loved Johns' Secret Origin of Hal Jordan, and was thinking how great it would be if we could get an Arthur Curry, Aquaman, Secret Origin run either in the ongoing or as a graphic novel. Who else would like to see that? I say we start a petition lol!

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: thank ya sir

Alright we got one more. Any others?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I love Aquaman, so I'd definitely pick it up.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't think DC will be doing Secret Origin anytime soon, but I'd pick up an Aquaman Earth One.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Extremis

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: yeah but I'd really love an Aquaman origin by Johns, drawn by Ivan Reis. So Secret Origin just springs to mind. But If it takes it to be Earth One to do it, I'm down.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

YESH YESH.

I would absolutely go for an Aquaman: Secret Origin. It'd be nice to see some seeds being planted in the backstory that come into fruition in the present - much like GL: Secret Origin.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: EXACTLY! My thoughts precisely. I'd love to see Johns tell this big sweeping story with Aquaman.

I really hope he can stay on the title for years to come. Wish we could know if he has plans on staying on for a while :/

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

I would, if they actually made a story arc like this. I mean, I don't see why not! C'mon Geoff let's see this thing!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.