What's Your Favorite Aquaman Design?

• 80 results
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#51 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Guice's

#52 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4674 posts) - - Show Bio

Ivan Reis version

#53 Edited by Extremis (3794 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: well to be fair how his hair would "actually" look is debatable. Reis' design is different, but they're all similar to the classic design in some respect. But I like how Reis' approach to Aq's hair has it waving back across his head as water would run thru it that way from swimming. So I think that looks more like how someone's hair would look swimming at 1,000 knots under water all the time, whereas Jim Lee's looks like a beach bum type. Which is a decent idea more in concept than in execution.

#54 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: Yeah I can understand his hair going back when swimming superfast but when out of water it should be messy instead of fresh and clean.

#55 Posted by tupiaz (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

Martin Egeland. I would love if DC would release the old Peter David stories as trades/omnibus.

#56 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

@Justthatkid: Maybe Arthur just doesn't like any fruity "pretty boy, hair hanging over face" thing?

#57 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: Possibly, I just would like differences between his look before reboot and now.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
#58 Edited by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (2114 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

^This is my favorite. I like the color combination better than orange and green, the harpoon was cool af and he looked more like a king with the beard and long hair.

#59 Posted by SilverPool (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Lee.

#60 Posted by TifaLockhart (21135 posts) - - Show Bio

Hook hand PAD era bad*** pirate looking ripped guy was my favorite.

#61 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

^This is my favorite. I like the color combination better than orange and green, the harpoon was cool af and he looked more like a king with the beard and long hair.

Looks more savage then majesty but nonetheless it is a great design.

#62 Edited by waezi2 (24864 posts) - - Show Bio
#63 Posted by LyraFay (2643 posts) - - Show Bio

Ivan Reis and the Injustice design are my favourite.

#64 Posted by kidchipotle (15763 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the best Aquaman in my opinion. He's so bad ass looking. I wish he stayed this way.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

However, I also really like this design too...

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
#65 Edited by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (2114 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I see it the opposite way. When you're rich you don't have to care about society's rules about your appearance, that's especially true when you're a king from another (underwater) society. You can look any way you want to.

Consequently his current hairstyle makes it look as if he's an investment banker on Wall Street that thinks he's cool so he goes to an expensive hair stylist, while the Jim Lee design with the sideburns is reminiscent of a redneck trucker buying Duck Dynasty merchandise at Wal Mart.

#66 Posted by fodigg (6244 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Flashpoint design.

No Caption Provided

Yes, it's kinda just a recolor and a new haircut, but I think the overall design makes him seem more dangerous and sinister.

Project rooftop also ran a contest for Aquaman designs and some were pretty good.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8

#67 Edited by Farkam (12036 posts) - - Show Bio

The Top 4

#68 Posted by Raw_Material (3553 posts) - - Show Bio
#69 Edited by CrazyScarecrow (2312 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Nick Cardy Aquaman is my favorite Aquaman.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#70 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I see it the opposite way. When you're rich you don't have to care about society's rules about your appearance, that's especially true when you're a king from another (underwater) society. You can look any way you want to.

Consequently his current hairstyle makes it look as if he's an investment banker on Wall Street that thinks he's cool so he goes to an expensive hair stylist, while the Jim Lee design with the sideburns is reminiscent of a redneck trucker buying Duck Dynasty merchandise at Wal Mart.

Interesting enough, several times over the course of his series in the 90's do characters make comments about how unruly and un-kingly Aquaman looks because he doesn't groom himself :p

#71 Posted by MetalJimmor (6543 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Aquaman's New 52 look. An update of his classic design. Though I was hoping he'd keep the beard. There aren't many heroes who are bearded, and it helped make him visually more distinct from other blond male heroes.

#72 Edited by BloodyNights (185 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much everything I've seen from him in the New 52 looks the best to me. lol

#73 Posted by Aquaneto (168 posts) - - Show Bio

Ivan Reis Aquaman is the perfect Aquaman design atleast I think so he takes the traditional Aquaman costume and tweaks it to make it look even more cool.

#74 Edited by Raw_Material (3553 posts) - - Show Bio

We've got a new Aquaman design everyone! You guys like?

No Caption Provided
#75 Edited by nj06 (326 posts) - - Show Bio

Of the ones listed in the OP, I would have to say that Ivan Reis' are my favorite. I like his modern Aquaman as well as his "6 years ago" Aquaman.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

However I do like his look in Flashpoint:

No Caption Provided

#76 Posted by Raw_Material (3553 posts) - - Show Bio

You could also vote for an artist not listed above.

#77 Posted by Abishai100 (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

Momoa/Medusa: Mega-Macedonia

I don't mind the new Greco-Roman muscular look.

Medusa (Wikipedia)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#78 Posted by Abishai100 (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

Aqua-Lung

Whatever the overall audience-friendly look for Aquaman is, it should in some way reflect a comic book focus on the aquatic motility of the superhero, and hence, his physique (and pose) should remind us of clean swimming (as obvious or mundane as that sounds).

No Caption Provided

#79 Posted by TheExile285 (4353 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Ivan Reis' The Others & Modern Aquaman designs.

#80 Posted by goonage (2085 posts) - - Show Bio

Either Future's End or Modern Aquaman.

#81 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18328 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you see me coming up to kick your butt? Of COURSE you didn't...your butt was kicked and you were already out. When you wake up, you might see me...maybe.

No Caption Provided

#82 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7190 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Jim Lee's Unused Aquaman design, Injustice Aquaman designs, This is an awesome Aquaman design love the A used as a Chest logo.

There's other designs I like these were just easy to find.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.