Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4626 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Water hand

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 the_red_viper  Moderator

I've heard (numerous times) that Aquaman's water hand can dehydrate people on touch. However I never actually found any scan of Aquaman doing this. Does anyone have such scans? Thanks :)

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never saw it and when i ask for scans nobody never shows me. I think it's all a misunderstand. In issue #3 or #4 of lady of he lake arc he used the waterhand to counter the magic of an atlantean magical armor that Rodunn was using at time, it has water in it making atlantean survive out of water for longer time. Later he defeats an colossal magical creature with his hand, but he does that by breaking the spell not by dehydration.

But he might used it in JLA but i never read it and again no one ever showed me.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Never seen it either. so idk

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Yeah, I've never seen this either.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He only did it once, IIRC. Also the Lady of the Lake told him to not use the hand that way.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@comicfan11 might have the scan.

I don't. I got these though, not that it answers your question.

Detatching / various examples of its healing powers / dispelling magic / scrying / hydrokinesis powers

It also can harden and form into other shapes, shoot water blasts, openportals to other dimensions and pretty much eliminates Aquaman's need hydrate.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yea never seen that scan.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
    cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#8  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

i'm hunting for it. heard of it............apparently it doesn't exist?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

i'm hunting for it. heard of it............apparently it doesn't exist?

It never happened in Aquaman's main series. So if it did, it happened in some one shot or something.

Its listed on the official DC wiki for its powerset, but I haven't seen the scan.

Besides, the Water Hand is specifically given to Arthur so he can "heal the world". The Water Hand's healing properties are extremely powerful and the Lady of the Lake wanted it used only for that purpose. She even got mad when he was fighting too much with it.

So I don't really see it being used that way, even if its within its capabilities.

And its not like he needs it anyway, the hands' abilities are hax enough.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mysticmedivh

@fallschirmjager said:

@comicfan11 might have the scan.

I don't. I got these though, not that it answers your question.

Detatching / various examples of its healing powers / dispelling magic / scrying / hydrokinesis powers

It also can harden and form into other shapes, shoot water blasts, open portals to other dimensions and pretty much eliminates Aquaman's need hydrate.

Just adding onto your feats.

Taken from Aquaman's Comic Vine wiki page:

Water-Hand (Magic)

No Caption Provided

The mechanical harpoon hand was replaced by a magical hand made out of water from the secret sea, given to him by the Lady of the Lake which grants Aquaman numerous abilities. Ones such as the ability to control water on a massive scale (like creating, controlling and splitting colossal tidal waves plus creating hard water construct's), the ability to dehydrate anyone he touches with it, killing them instantly, the ability to change the shape and density of the hand (for example Orin can make his hand into a sword or harder than steel), shoot jets of scalding water, healing abilities, the ability to create portals into mystical dimensions, communicate with the Lady of the Lake through the water bearer hand and the ability to nullify magic even from powerful sorcerers like Tempest and utilize magic of it's own to dispel potent reality warps by individuals like Ocean Master. Since the transformation to the Dweller and his return to the living, Aquaman now appears to have a normal hand. Whether he retains any mystic abilities has yet to be determined.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he cant dehidrate like that. he controls water with it by expanding the hand to encompass the water he wants to control.he is capable of entering people with water hand and then he could drain

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Aquaman never dehydrated anyone.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: water hand still can't drain people. Arthur cant even control water remotely. the tirst draomed people using the chalice, something arthur doesn't have. and they are not the same person.

what issues are thhe deep sea devil stories, I never read that one

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: They technically are the same person that's what it even said during the arc.

It can't get any more clearer then The Lady of the Lake, saying "This time the "The Thirst" is you" and by that I mean That the Thirst is like in a way a reflection of Aquaman but a negative one.

On top of that The Chalice and The Thirst are connected in the same regard that Aquaman and The WaterHand are. The Thirst even in the arc says me and "The Chalice are one in the same"

To top it all off The Thirst and Aquaman merge into "The Waterbearer" no longer wielding the Chalice yet still going for the attempt of draining the Lady of the Lake.

You'll have to go further in depth with the stories your asking about, cause I don't get what you mean.

sry, you just used an out of context quote to prove that Thirst. Who existed for thousands of years before Arthur was born and acted as the Thirst for previous water bearers is the same person as Aquaman. It is simply wrong. Them being one and the same is by the fact that they are two parts of the WaterBearer. Not two parts of Aquaman.

And water bearer doesn't come from aquaman it is the other way around. Once the Lady gave arthur the hand he became a new part of the equation, but that is it. That doesn't turn Thirst into Aquaman.

And yes, they are one and the same, but not in the way you are using here. They are one and the same as in - We are both waterbearer, and there is only one waterbearer.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Chimeroid

@ecstaticgrace: he has no soul and is animated by the new bearer. but he has all the memories of his past lives so he is clearly a separate entity. it's juat his animation source and personality that changes.

also just because the thirst can do it doesnt mean arthur can too, and vice versa

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: @chimeroid: Cool. I also think that Thirst and Aquaman are different beings, the villain being his dark part is more a philosophical thing.

I don't remember Aquaman opening a portal to other dimensions, only to the Secret Sea. Did I miss something?

I like the healing and anti-magic properties but not so much the water manipulation.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.