The DCEU AQUAMAN Thread. Everything about King Momoa.

#1 Posted by vinomonster (5566 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Justice League will start shooting this sunday, I think it's finally the right time to talk about Aquamomoa. I'll start the topic with this one.

I think WB and Snyder Co. will be pushing Diana and Arthur on Justice League. Thoughts?

#2 Edited by EcstaticGrace (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquamoa! If it's the animated movies then meh.. I say that because "War" I really don't see how they exactly plan to adapt Flashpoint for a JL origin movie unless they mean incorporate elements like Atlantis vs Themyscira not much of an adaption though. I disliked the TOA animated movie but feel free to incorporate that trident into the movies. Story wise don't make Orm into the stereotypical Evil brother role have him straight out of the New52 comics.

#3 Posted by vinomonster (5566 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: Do you think it's a good move for them to dig deeper to Atlantis and Themyscira? Because there are larger threat than can lead them on teaming up? But I guess WB is pushing Aquaman if this is the main plot of JL.

#4 Posted by WastelandMan (8797 posts) - - Show Bio

That one scene he had in BvS was pretty badass.

#5 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

@vinomonster: It really depends on how they do it. Because I could see the war stuff being handled well but I question the execution on how they get them to resolve it as well as ally up. The idea of them pushing Aquaman sounds great and I'm hoping he's shown real great.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
#6 Posted by darkdetective27 (7953 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just sad.

#7 Posted by Rainshadow777 (521 posts) - - Show Bio

That one scene he had in BvS was pretty badass.

Really? I thought it was kind of disappointing. I was hoping he would appear emerging out of the ocean in this epic, almost godzilla style arrival. What we got was a dude clearly trying to hold his breath underwater before a cgi swim from afar...

#8 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7141 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#9 Edited by Raw_Material (3553 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: Will she possibly have a role/cameo as Mera in the Justice League movie?

#10 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

They can't adapt Flashpoint right now so I'm guessing it'll be character and power elements maybe.

#11 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I'm assuming Flashpoint elements mean Atlantis vs Themyscira.

@raw_material: With how early they casted her I'd be suprised if she wasn't. It's been heavily suggested by several sites that she would. I'm not sure if it's confirmed.

#12 Posted by Ashrym (2877 posts) - - Show Bio

He's got quantifiable feats already. The BvS cameo demonstrated physicals adapted at least as deep as the Tonga Trench area where he was recorded (about 4.75 tons per square inch), and the supersonic swim.

#13 Posted by vinomonster (5566 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

#14 Edited by vinomonster (5566 posts) - - Show Bio

I got no problem with the costume, but I wished they just made the armor more gold than green. The costume looks more Sea King than Aquaman to me.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#15 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

@vinomonster: Not seeing how. Sea King has a completely different color palette.

The DCEU suit is Aquaman's classic colors just muted a bit to make it work on screen.

Only similarity Aquamoa and Sea King share is their hair shape.

#16 Posted by dubstepanime (23 posts) - - Show Bio

i was bored

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.