Rise of The Seven Seas..

#1 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

In the final page of Aquaman #25 Nereus "King of Xebel"? finds Orm who seems to be enjoying his time on the surface with his female companion Erin, confuses me how Nereus, Orm but that might eventually be explained.? Johns has left his run on Aquaman after issue 25 but says he still has plans on working with the character "Aquaman" and it seems to be in one way on event maybe planned after "Forever Evil" next year called "Rise of The Seven Seas" apparently something to big for Aquaman to handle alone and that he will require help from his fellow League members to stop this threat. (Guess "The Others" are not good enough for something this big) Speaking of them it could be cool to see them fight along side the league?

Geoff Johns: "We are introducing this mythology piece called the Seven Seas in my last two issues and that's going to continue into a big 'Justice League' story next year,"

No Caption Provided

I'm hoping Orm ignores Nereus or gets redemption out of this event rather then escalate further to becoming more of a enemy to the League. Thoughts?

#2 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman: Hey Nereus, I stole your girl!

#3 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#4 Edited by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid said:

@blackwind: Whose "Nereus"?

He's the king of Xebel. Mera was engaged to him at one point. Prior to their supposed wedding she was sent out of Xebel on a mission to assassinate Aquaman. They fell in love instead and Mera learned than all Atlanteans weren't assholes like Xebels believed them too be (that's way over generalizing it but you get it :P)

#5 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems like Arthur has earned some respect from the Atlanteans. But the thibg is, according to some things we saw, Orm was perfectly likes during his reign. I'm hoping we see some lines drawn in the different kinds of kings they are.

#6 Edited by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: I'm sure that would be worked with it would be interesting to see some of the contrasting between Arthur and Orm since both seemed to care for the Atlanteans, I also think Tula will get some great attention with how they made her the sister of Orm @fallschirmjager: Yeah I know just not a fan of the character.

#7 Posted by 1Time (2 posts) - - Show Bio

What's going on with rise of the seven seas

#8 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

@1time: It hasn't happened yet.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#9 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@1time said:

#10 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainmarvel4ever: Starting to wonder myself.. Hoping its not rushed when made for several of other future story ideas also on who will be the protagonist out of Aquaman's mythos. Or if his mother will appear.

#11 Edited by Squalleon (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

@1time said:

Johns said in his first interview about it and in Reddit that it will be published late 2015. Meaning after DW.

#12 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Squalleon (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: Thanks for the info.

Νο prob.

It has been way to long since Johns teased it, so the confusion is logical.

#14 Posted by comicfan11 (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

So Cullen Bunn did an AMA in Reddit and some people asked about Rise of the Seven Seas.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/comments/3ih1u7/i_am_cullen_bunn_writer_of_sinestro_green_lantern/

The gist of it is this.

It's coming, it's real and Bunn confirmed he knows A LOT about it, which is a great relief for two reasons.

1st it seems he is in touch with Johns and their stories will match. Bunn's Aquaman is already expanding existing mythology which might actually organically lead to Rise of the Seven Seas (Aquaman 43 was full of important details and the return of some Aquaman centric characters that hadn't been in an Aquaman book for years).

2nd it confirms that the project is not dead, which I was worried somewhat about (as I'm sure some other readers might have been).

So Rise of the Seven Seas will happen and it will be Johns on Aquaman again. Glory and epicness awaits the King again.

And it makes sense since Johns admitted in an interview that he regrets leaving Aquaman so soon.

#15 Edited by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

Been waiting for this event forever!

#16 Posted by comicfan11 (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

The Aquaman Shrine tweeter feed just confirmed that the Rise of the Seven Seas event is "coming with an all-star creative team attached to it that's going to knock readers' socks right off" !!!

http://www.aquamanshrine.net/

Damn this is going to be killer.

The sequel to the Throne of Atlantis, the greatest Aquaman story ever, after nearly 2 years.

I haven't been this hyped for an event since Throne of Atlantis.

Here's hoping for Ivan Reis or Nicola Scott for the art and Rod Reis on colouring.

#17 Posted by comicfan11 (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

Found this neat post in the amazing Absorbascon website, for some theories about the identities and connections of the seven statues from Aquaman issue 24.

http://absorbascon.blogspot.gr/2014/08/the-rise-of-seven-seas.html

#18 Posted by Maddpanda531 (1635 posts) - - Show Bio

My Johns, my Johns, why have ye foresaken me?

#19 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7145 posts) - - Show Bio

God its been over 2 years since this was first teased..

#20 Posted by Rainshadow777 (521 posts) - - Show Bio

God its been over 2 years since this was first teased..

Talk about a long-term plan. I remember that page showing Nereus breaking through the wall and thinking, this will be amazing. Then I forgot all about it (probably like everyone at DC).

#21 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7145 posts) - - Show Bio

@rainshadow777: I keep trying to bring it up on twitter cause Aquaman Earth One and Rise of the 7 Seas just sounds way to great to no happen. Not AC related but I'm excited for Flash Earth 1 as well.

#22 Posted by Rainshadow777 (521 posts) - - Show Bio

@rainshadow777: I keep trying to bring it up on twitter cause Aquaman Earth One and Rise of the 7 Seas just sounds way to great to no happen. Not AC related but I'm excited for Flash Earth 1 as well.

Rise of the Seven Seas sounds beyond epic. I love anything where more of the world under the ocean is explored and explained, and this really sounds like an insight into a lot of the other kingdoms. Damn I love Aquaman.

#23 Edited by EcstaticGrace (7145 posts) - - Show Bio

@rainshadow777: It does, with what Johns has done with Aquaman's mythos I'd love to see what he'd do with more of it, The statues, How the other Kingdoms connect to Atlan and why they fear him, Especially what Orm is up to. Johns depiction of Ocean Master is probably if not even definitely the best interpretation of the character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.