Prince of Atlantis Story?

#1 Edited by vinomonster (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking, since Batman has Damian, Superman has Jon.. we all knew this is coming, Arthur and Mera is getting married. Do you want a "Prince of Atlantis" to join the Aquaman Family ala Jon and Damian? Since DC is going a more hopeful/ optimistic universe, do you think this kind of story might work?

#2 Posted by EcstaticGrace (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't mind it, I liked seeing their son in Batman the Brave and the Bold and they could always adapt the Thanatos storyline. Also the son of both Xebel and Poseidonis thing would be cool Hydrokinetic/Telepathic powerhouse.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

They could always plot twist it to for story sake and make it be the son of Aquaman and Siren because of that one event. Not sure how that would be accepted.

Regardless if they get an heir I'd say to wait a year or 2 before anything is done with said character. Maybe twins Boy/Girl, Two boys to continue the curse?

#3 Edited by Dernman (25845 posts) - - Show Bio

No and I think they should take away Jon while putting Damian in an out of canon universe. If they did do it maybe a daughter would be better to mix it up.

#4 Posted by vinomonster (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: A twin is good twist, I can see it having a good storyline especially if done right.

#5 Posted by EcstaticGrace (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

@vinomonster: The idea behind it was Pre-Flashpoint their was this recurring element in the Aquaman mythos that he was destined to be enemies with Orm because they're brothers. That there's a curse that Atlantis will always have two heirs to the throne, Brothers fighting for the crown. I think that would be an interesting element brought back.

#6 Posted by vinomonster (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: Sounds really interesting, I hope to see that in the future. Your thoughts on this one?

No Caption Provided

I think they redefining the Aquaman mythos if this goes well, I think the idea of a future Twin heir and a story ala game of thrones will be a good story to tell.

#7 Edited by EcstaticGrace (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

@vinomonster: Can't really say I'd rather have confirmation from Johns that he's still personally doing Rise of the Seven Seas. People are starting to suggest it will be a Hitch/Abnett one or the other or maybe both doing the event, but again not sure about the confirmation on that.

#8 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

Pass. I don't think I would be interested in Arthur having anymore children. Just not into it right now.

#9 Posted by vinomonster (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: Do you think its cool if ever the son of Arthur and Mera's power set mirrors the power set of Water Hand?

#10 Edited by EcstaticGrace (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

@vinomonster: Ironically I was hoping Joseph Curry "Arthur Joseph Curry" was the long lost son of Aquaman and Mera. Pre-Flashpoint he was to have a portion of the Waterhand inside him because his father Phillip Curry used it to save his life.

I personally wanted the Waterhand to be a missing relic I think it would be cool if it was a glove you put on. I wouldn't mind A.J. or Joseph or whatever Aquaman/Meras' son is named to have the WH it differs a lot in power and the only similarity it has to other characters is its hydrokinetic abilities.

Regardless I think it would be fitting for a king and queen to have an heir to the throne so I'd like to see one.

#11 Posted by vinomonster (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: whoever writing the rise of seven seas should use it.. I might tweet abnett now.

#12 Posted by EcstaticGrace (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

@vinomonster: Send me a link to the tweet and I'll 2nd it. :)

#13 Posted by vinomonster (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: Hopefully this will work lol

#14 Edited by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

I will never understand why people are so obsessed with the water hand...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.