Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4625 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

New powers

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

So I stopped reading Aquaman after Johns left, and I started again today with the new run... and he's got a lot of new powers now! It seems very cool, but I don't understand how he got them, anyone can explain that if it happened in the previous run or is it completely new?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

He doesnt have new powers. He is just using a different trident. And its implied to belong to a different king. The new issue doesn't explain where it came from.

All we know is that it allows him to control ice, and teleport.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: I'm not impressed by it at all right now from what I saw in issue 41. The teleportation I guess is useful. But the ice wasn't interesting at all and seems easily avoided.

Also, Arthur mentioned he had claimed forbidden power to fight the new enemy. So it likely is indeed a different trident.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we find out in issue 43

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rpgesus

@veitha: what aquaman run is this?!

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: @justthatkid: are you serious...man i haven't been able to keep up much due to employment issues and its that time of year for family vacations and money saving for the upcoming holiday seasons...3 children and a wife...its get difficult...anyway a new trident that is versatile like the one from before...please tell me if they hinted to stronger telepathy that goes beyond sea life directly...

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: thanks dude...i appreciate the concern..i had to move on from my gig due to thier constant mistreatment, 6 days a week mandatory schedule with no time off, and new management...i did get a new job...but it is heavy labor...but whatever it pays the bills...yeah defenses would be cool...I like the idea of why his tp works on any organism that evovled from aquatic life though...i even would like for them to explore with the microorganisms that live in the body that can attack your cells and such...that would be awesome...

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ScouterV

@justthatkid: thanks dude...i appreciate the concern..i had to move on from my gig due to thier constant mistreatment, 6 days a week mandatory schedule with no time off, and new management...i did get a new job...but it is heavy labor...but whatever it pays the bills...yeah defenses would be cool...I like the idea of why his tp works on any organism that evovled from aquatic life though...i even would like for them to explore with the microorganisms that live in the body that can attack your cells and such...that would be awesome...

Sounds like you probably made the right move, in all honesty. Even if it may not seem like it. That said, I've got something that may help with your comic issue. I'll send you a PM.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: thank you...i appreciate the support...and definitely good looks on helping me out on my comicbook issues...thank you...you're a gem.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: thank you...i appreciate the support...and definitely good looks on helping me out on my comicbook issues...thank you...you're a gem.

In the immortal words of The Fonz: Ayyyyyy~!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.