New powers

#1 Posted by Veitha (4154 posts) - - Show Bio

So I stopped reading Aquaman after Johns left, and I started again today with the new run... and he's got a lot of new powers now! It seems very cool, but I don't understand how he got them, anyone can explain that if it happened in the previous run or is it completely new?

#2 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesnt have new powers. He is just using a different trident. And its implied to belong to a different king. The new issue doesn't explain where it came from.

All we know is that it allows him to control ice, and teleport.

#3 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: Dont forget to summon lightning and transform to a enchanted blade.

Personally dig the Trident. For all we know though it might not be a different Trident though his previous one could of just been changed. Its not the first time the trident has been altered in continuity after all maybe this time with reasoning put in place.

#4 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: I'm not impressed by it at all right now from what I saw in issue 41. The teleportation I guess is useful. But the ice wasn't interesting at all and seems easily avoided.

Also, Arthur mentioned he had claimed forbidden power to fight the new enemy. So it likely is indeed a different trident.

#5 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we find out in issue 43

#6 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: What Im suggesting is that the forbidden power could of been an enchantment on his original Trident that has never been given a place of origin so far in the New52.

The new Trident is that New so we just have to continue and see how Arthur plans on using it and why he felt it was nessecary to aid him.

#7 Edited by Rpgesus (5380 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha: what aquaman run is this?!

#8 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by myerlanski (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: @justthatkid: are you serious...man i haven't been able to keep up much due to employment issues and its that time of year for family vacations and money saving for the upcoming holiday seasons...3 children and a wife...its get difficult...anyway a new trident that is versatile like the one from before...please tell me if they hinted to stronger telepathy that goes beyond sea life directly...

#10 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@myerlanski: Nope just the trident for now which I want and expect to be expanded on cause its range of attack and even abilities is still unknown.

Id honestly settle for Aquaman just to have complete control over sea life cause we've seen sea life ignore his commands when survival instinct came into play. Id also like some mental defenses more then mental offenses.

Hope everything is ok by the way man. Recently lost my job or 1 of them own fault though.

#11 Posted by myerlanski (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: thanks dude...i appreciate the concern..i had to move on from my gig due to thier constant mistreatment, 6 days a week mandatory schedule with no time off, and new management...i did get a new job...but it is heavy labor...but whatever it pays the bills...yeah defenses would be cool...I like the idea of why his tp works on any organism that evovled from aquatic life though...i even would like for them to explore with the microorganisms that live in the body that can attack your cells and such...that would be awesome...

#12 Edited by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: thanks dude...i appreciate the concern..i had to move on from my gig due to thier constant mistreatment, 6 days a week mandatory schedule with no time off, and new management...i did get a new job...but it is heavy labor...but whatever it pays the bills...yeah defenses would be cool...I like the idea of why his tp works on any organism that evovled from aquatic life though...i even would like for them to explore with the microorganisms that live in the body that can attack your cells and such...that would be awesome...

Sounds like you probably made the right move, in all honesty. Even if it may not seem like it. That said, I've got something that may help with your comic issue. I'll send you a PM.

#13 Posted by myerlanski (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv: thank you...i appreciate the support...and definitely good looks on helping me out on my comicbook issues...thank you...you're a gem.

#14 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv: thank you...i appreciate the support...and definitely good looks on helping me out on my comicbook issues...thank you...you're a gem.

In the immortal words of The Fonz: Ayyyyyy~!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.