How rich is he in the new 52

#1 Posted by SOG7dc (11368 posts) - - Show Bio

Just curious.

#2 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: In the first issue, some douchebag blogger asked how Aquaman makes money. Arthur merely replied that he "gets by" and an image was shown of him discovering a treasure chest. And he later walked out while giving a woman two gold coins and told her to put her kids through college.

He also clearly still owns the lighthouse and property his father managed, so he is more than comfortable.

#3 Posted by SOG7dc (11368 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind:

Oh okay. I was wondering if he was "king of a nation that covers 70% if the earth" rich.

#4 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't remember how much he has but it's loads like his filthy rich

#5 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: He did mention to Vulko he can go and dig up any sunken treasure or valuables he likes. Just think how much certain people would pay for some old ass coin.

He's plenty rich.

#6 Posted by Ashrym (2832 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#7 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashrym: That makes him richer then Carlos Slim, Bill Gates, and Warren Buffet if he holds claim to that Gold.

:P

#8 Edited by Ashrym (2832 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid said:

@ashrym: That makes him richer then Carlos Slim, Bill Gates, and Warren Buffet if he holds claim to that Gold.

:P

With a million ships to salvage it's more like $60k per ship for fairly quick income. Too many ships to really consider it liquid, imo. When he needs money he pretty much just grabs some. He's definitely stupid rich. I would point out that Black Panther is supposed to have access to nearly ten times that amount as king of Wakanda. I think Black Panther is the richest rich guy in Marvel / DC comics but not sure about others.

#9 Posted by vinomonster (5566 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashrym: Considering he has the power to go down to the deepest part of the ocean, I considered him the richest comicbook character. The ocean has lot of buried treasures (includes shipwrecked, sea gold and other minerals that are hard to find). According to NatGeo the sea floor has an estimated $150trillion of metals alone.

#10 Posted by Ashrym (2832 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashrym: Considering he has the power to go down to the deepest part of the ocean, I considered him the richest comicbook character. The ocean has lot of buried treasures (includes shipwrecked, sea gold and other minerals that are hard to find). According to NatGeo the sea floor has an estimated $150trillion of metals alone.

Yeah, but Atlanteans don't seem to mine ore like that so I agree the wealth is there but it's unrealized potential.

#11 Posted by strangetales (1712 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashrym: Considering he has the power to go down to the deepest part of the ocean, I considered him the richest comicbook character. The ocean has lot of buried treasures (includes shipwrecked, sea gold and other minerals that are hard to find).

Dang...

#12 Posted by vinomonster (5566 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashrym: Considering that, I think he is still filthy rich. I dont think that there's a comic issue that elaborates how rich Arthur is?

#13 Posted by Ashrym (2832 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashrym: Considering that, I think he is still filthy rich. I dont think that there's a comic issue that elaborates how rich Arthur is?

I don't recall anything other than the access to $60 billion in treasure on the ocean floor. Usually he says he gets by and hands out sunken treasure. I would think that Atlantean historical documents are priceless and he's got a vault full of those too, not that he'd ever sell them. Who knows what value there actually is in Atlantis with such things as advanced technology.

He is stupid rich.

#14 Posted by vinomonster (5566 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashrym: Hopefully Johns will able to touch that part on Arthur's life in the Rise of the Seven Kingdoms JL arc.

#15 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly would bet Aquaman could get paid millions just for giving some rich collector a piece of junk he found on the ocean floor.

#16 Posted by Ashrym (2832 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly would bet Aquaman could get paid millions just for giving some rich collector a piece of junk he found on the ocean floor.

Seriously. He could make a killing in exotic / rare Atlantean art too. But seems to like living in a lighthouse when he's not in Atlantis.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#17 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

His wealth is extreme though only touched upon rarely.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.