Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4626 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Guess whos is back in New 52??

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
    deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

The Scavenger is back!!!

The Scavenger is back in the pages of Aquaman 17,was the previous incarnation he seems to be a pirate

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By colonyofcells

I remember the old scavenger did like to scavenge using his scorpion ship.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is reverse flash! ... Just saying. But thanks, didn't know who this guy was.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

why isnt this in the Scavenger forum?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Because few people would see it and here we can talk about next Aquaman trends with these guys,theorize about it

@colonyofcells: :guess who more is back and will be back??

No Caption Provided

The Sea Devils are back

No Caption Provided

Deep Six and Fire Trolls will be back soon or later

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@matchesmalone21 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Because few people would see it and here we can talk about next Aquaman trends with these guys,theorize about it

then why didnt you just put it in both?

@colonyofcells: :guess who more is back and will be back??

No Caption Provided

The Sea Devils are back

No Caption Provided

Deep Six and Fire Trolls will be back soon or later

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By colonyofcells

The long peter david aquaman run also used many sea related characters. Hopefully we will soon see the old Fisherman who had many appearances during the bronze age. Shark is also a nice Aquaman foe from the Green Lantern title.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Stormbox

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

Well to be fair its not like scavenger has any fans...

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Stormbox said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

Well to be fair its not like scavenger has any fans...

understood, but odds are a mod is just gonna bump it back to the Scavenger forum. Matches would have been better off connecting it to both

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By comicfan11

@matchesmalone21: I like that Johns in one issue manages to tease 4 more villains and the Sea Devils.

I like Scavenger but I'd prefer another classic villain (like the Fisherman with the alien symbiote, because the Scavenger is kinda like Black Manta, a human merc with high tech)

I'm curious about the Ice King because he will most likely fulfill the "mystical" villain role for AQ.

But I'm more excited about how Johns will handle the Fire Trolls and mainly the Deep Six.

They should be some of Aquaman's toughest opponents (they are alien water godlings after all). PAD's Deep Six story was one of AQ's best ever IMO and had some great action and showed how powerful AQ is.

Having said that I hope and expect Johns to top that story, since he has not failed with AQ once so far.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfan11: Agreed about

Gamesman
    Gamesman

Scavenger looks like Black Manta,sometimes I confused both,because the similarities: Both are pirates and use high tech weapons,suits and basically have the same motivation. Just to mention Aquaman has another similar villain Gamesman,but I like to see his return because unlike the first two, he was a hunter of superheroes and I love his suit.

I search in every site about The Ice King,to know if he is a old obscure character,but it's looks like he's a new foe. Maybe he's Mera's father or the Dead King.

The Deep Six could have been better used by Peter David, to beings of Apokolips they should be more powerful and ruthless with Aquaman,but you prefer them as Darkseid's soldiers or Atlantean myth?? ohhh Fire Trolls came back soon please,I don't know why but I love them

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By comicfan11

@matchesmalone21: Gamesman had a nice suit but he only appeared in 2 issues. I don't think Johns will bring back a 3rd "power suit" villain after Manta and Scavenger (at least I hope not in the close future). And even if he did Fisherman has seniority.

The Ice King is most likely a new villain (although in wikipedia, list of Aquaman enemies there's mention of "Iceberg Head" -lol- a cold based villain)

The Fire Trolls will most likely receive an extensive redesign, and I trust Johns will flesh out their story.

As for the Deep Six, I prefer them as Darkseid's operatives of course. Maybe stranded on Earth but they are Kirby's creations and should always be connected to Apokolips. But there's no reason they couldn't also be connected to Atlantis through myth, since they are thousands of years old (at least). A mix between the two would be best.

Needless to say from all of the above characters, Deep Six are by far the one's I'm most excited about.

And I really liked how PAD handled them. AQ in his element is supreme, even against (lower tier) Apokolips godlings. Plus I really think they were shown as quite formidable. They were mostly stopped because they lost control of the Fire Elemental in the story, and had no reason to stay on Earth anymore.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfan11: True. Who knows,maybe he can make a cameo on JL as a mercenary hired to kill the team or even in Aquaman killing some heroes and cops in Amnesty Bay,causing Aquaman to investigate,would be cool to see another angle of Aquaman,see him dealing with small crimes. What about the Eel?? I'm just quoting, because I know how Johns loves underrated and/or hated characters. I want to see Fisherman as Kurt Busiek presented as dimensional alien symbiont,but with powers and not gimmicks.

I never heard about these Iceberg Head,it's from Silver Age isn't it?? I also prefer them as Darkseid's operatives,it can yield good stories with Aquaman, like other inhabitants of Apokolips are to appear in Prime Earth,perhaps as a means of Darkseid revenge on Aquaman, for he had nearly torn his eyes out. I don't have any clues or theory how Johns would bring the Fire Trolls back,i doubt he would use as a legend just because of The Trench.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By comicfan11

@matchesmalone21: I'm not sure small crimes is the way to go now, since he is back in Atlantis, maybe in the future.

And I'd like the Eel to return. His powers make for a powerful opponent. Though Johns would have to make a more "meaty" back story for him.

I agree Fisherman as an alien symbiote works better and is more unique.

No idea about Iceberg Head (LOL the name), I just saw his name on Wikipedia.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By colonyofcells

Maybe heat miser is leader of the fire trolls and snow miser is leader of the ice trolls.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfan11: I said small crimes,just to refer to the type of crime he isn't used to dealing and would be good,because we can see more depths on his relationship with the city, beyond finish such debates about his capabilities out of the water,about his strength and speed. Meaty" back story?? What about the Thirst??

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By comicfan11

@matchesmalone21: I see what you mean, but it's gonna be difficult because we haven't even seen him in Atlantis. The next couple of issues will probably be away from Amnesty Bay.

Yeah the Thirst could use a good reinvention.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BlackWind

@comicfan11: With no Waterbearer, the Thirst will need a new origin.

Personally, I'm hoping for Kordax.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By comicfan11

@BlackWind: Basically I'm OK with whoever Johns wants to bring back. I just prefer the Deep Six and the alien Fisherman (or a mystical reinvention).

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By ccraft

@matchesmalone21 said:

No Caption Provided

The Scavenger is back!!!

The Scavenger is back in the pages of Aquaman 17,was the previous incarnation he seems to be a pirate

He looks really cool, should have picked this issue up. Is he a good Aquaman villain?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Well in the past he was just a Black Manta like,but now we have to wait because he just make a cameo

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By ccraft

@matchesmalone21: Well he looks cool, does his suit give him an advantage against Aquaman?

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By colonyofcells

In the past, Scavenger relied mostly on his powerful scorpion ship. The rebooted Scavenger seems to be also an Iron Man clone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colonyofcells: He's not a Iron Man clone,isn't just because he wearing an armor he's looks like Iron Man....nothing the suit or behavior seems Iron Man he just appeared and he didn't talk yet,he didn't showed the suit capabilities...Were in the hell did you see that similarity.

@ccraft: Some advantages,he use gadgets and high weapons (lasers,missiles...) against Aquaman

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By colonyofcells

Maybe the rebooted Scavenger will use a mech suit like Gi Joe.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.