Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4626 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Good Aquaman Stories

W@

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By W@

So, I know Aquaman has become a joke in a lot of people's eyes but I was wanting to read some of his stuff to either redeem him for myself or encourage my condoning of the character. So what are good Aquaman stories? The only one I've heard of is Sword of Atlantis. What stories would get me up to date as to where Aquaman is now?

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Strafe Prower

lol, I don't remember the name of the story, but the one where he fights Superman.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

Is this a trick question?

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By NightFang3

I don't think he's a joke.

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chaos Agent

Aquaman: Waterbearer

zj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zj

A better place to research this question might be the DC Comics Discussion Boards. I know this specific question has come up a couple times, but I can't recall all the answers. 

Short answer to "where is he now?" Appearing as a Black Lantern. Just prior to that - limbo.  To get current, Wikipedia might be your best bet.

Good stories:  Most of the Peter David run was very good. Larsen took over for a while and the title crashed and burned (with good reason - it was awful). Jurgen had a couple really good issues to try to salvage, but it was already too late.  Since then it's been hit and miss. DC kept giving the character significant revamps to try to keep people interested, but wound up driving away readers because it was so inconsistent. 

The Atlantis Chronicles are also a very good read.  While I don't think Aquaman appears in the story, it's a great background story of Atlantis in the DC Universe, and had a significant (retroactive) impact on his back-story.

ThunderShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By ThunderShade

Another good series is Sword of Atlantis.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.