Garth to appear in a interesting way :/

#1 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

Think it's cool he appears this year but... Don't care -_-

http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?pid=23556&pg=1

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
#2 Edited by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, if the writers didn't call him Tempest on the 3rd page, I would have assumed this was the debut of Lagoon Boy.

At this point though, I'm used to the fact that 3/4 of the Titans Core Four are not going to be anything close to what they were pre-Flashpoint. Even though Donna will debut in Multiversity, we don't know what she will be like in mainstream continuity.

I also think this is the debut of Jesse Chambers and Klarion.

Avatar image for aquamanisthebest
#3 Edited by AquamanIsTheBest (68 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid:

To be fair though...they don't actually call him Garth, just Tempest. That name can be transferable. This is still, essentially, lagoon boy, at least a that's how it appears. That would make sense. Oh, just remembered this too. Orm mentioned a Garth in like Aquaman 14 I think(around there, the prologue to TOA) and this guy is from E2 so, again, not Garth.

Plus, this is futures end, so it probably won't happen anyway

#4 Edited by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@aquamanisthebest: @youknowwhattodo: Im expecting this to be Earth 2 Garth I wish they left the alias Tempest behind though and called him Lagoon Boy. Tempest making sense because of Garth's weather control and heat/cold powers now its just a name being given to a character who I doubt will have the same powers just because of connection to Aquaman.

I'm thinking there just trying to stick Garth somewhere because of the 50th anniversary thing, but yeah he does have a earth prime counter part who I hope they use this event to atleast show us what he looks like. Earth 2 Trinity was older then Earth prime Trinity so I guess that means they don't have to stick prime earth Garth to whatever age this one is.

Yet there are some trademarks I wonder about like the purple eyes which Prime Earth Garth was said to have by Orm. I'm guessing Earth 2 Tempest was exposed to toxins when Atlantis went to war with Apokolips, which is really good way to introduce Lagoon Boy atleast.

Maybe he inherited the Aliase Tempest from someone on Earth 2?

#5 Posted by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: The whole point of the Future's End tie-ins are for DC to throw ideas out there and see how the fans react and based on the reaction, they will decide on whether or not to include particular elements of these tie-ins into the main storylines. So Arthur/Mera separating in Aquaman, Cassandra Cain debuting in Batgirl, Red Hood separating from Kori and Roy in RHATO are essentially darts being thrown.

In this case, they might be seeing how the fans would react to having Jesse Chambers and Klarion join the Teen Titans from Earth 2 as well as how the fans would react to this particular reintroduction of Tempest.

Since this Tempest came from Earth 2, this would allow DC editorial some wriggle room in case fans are hostile to this reintroduction (which let's be honest, will probably be the most common reaction) they can make some changes.

#6 Edited by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@youknowwhattodo: I read somewhere that some stuff in Future Ends will stick.

Not sure if it was meant the Earth 2 war.

Or Future Ends in general I'm expecting DC to recon some things in 2015 though.

If The Earth 2 war still happened that would mean The Toxins stuff still happened and the destruction of Xebel.

I'm relieved that this Lagoon Boy looking character is just being referred to as Tempest atleast in the previews rather then Garth though. Being from Earth 2 also provides some relief as well though.

If DC is testing the waters as you say there playing it surprisingly smart. Wonder if a Earth 2 Wally will appear.

#7 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. I'm more interested in this:

http://i.imgur.com/IKNPVRI.jpg

#8 Edited by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: Eh I'm on mobile. Could u pic upload? :)

@Fallschirmjager @Vitalius Any thoughts?

#9 Posted by Vitalius (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid:

To be fair i dont like or dislike. This is like the same thing as Connor Hawke´s sistuation. I dislike that fact he is Lagoon Boy and looks alike Lagoon Boy. But if "the real Garth from Prime Earth" appeared onscene, i would be happy for both characthers to be explored in different ways. Altough he dislike when a characther replaces another characther.

#10 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@vitalius: Didn't think of the Conner Hawke situation definitely strongly alike. Where the character takes on the physical appearance of one character but takes on the name of another. Kinda like YJ Kaldur...

Isn't Klarion getting a book he looks like Tim's age in the book covers but the same age in the Future Ends TT comic wonder if its a artist thing, on purpose, or different Klarion.

#11 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: Isn't Klarion an immortal, anyway? I thought he'd been a child for a long time now.

#12 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv: Possibly have a limited amount of knowledge about him. Other then media appearances like Batman TAS and YJ first time probably going to get a comic with him in it.

#13 Posted by Vitalius (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid:

It was exemple. Plus "Connor Hawke" was suposed to be named Roy Macqueen in honor of Roy Harper and Oliver Queen

#14 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@vitalius: Roy McQueen was a cool concept they coulda of introduced Connor by having him be Roy's half brother, and maybe there father being Oliver McQueen :P

#15 Posted by Vitalius (5172 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@vitalius: Probably would of been significantly deaged unless he was the son of Robert.

Overall right now I'm just curious to This Earth 2's backstory for Kid Flash and Tempest.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#17 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. I'm not a Teen Titans fans and I hate sidekicks. Garth I don't mind when he's Tempest, but I also don't have a huge need to see him. Would be cool when it happens but nothing I'm pounding the table for.

Especially if its Earth-2 cus I don't care about anything regarding that.

#18 Posted by Vitalius (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: Connor has huge potencial characther, it would be a waste to him if he only appear on Earth-2 and now he is dead.

#19 Posted by aquaman01 (1948 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh thank god, it is just an Earth 2 version...

I was worried that Garth actually looked like that lol

#20 Posted by Raw_Material (3553 posts) - - Show Bio

If the writers hadn't say it was Tempest I would have guessed he was Lagoon Boy instead. The art crew should've made him look more of human-like figure IMO.

#21 Posted by nj06 (321 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Lagoon Boy and Garth, so I would like for both of them to appear on Earth-1 since it will help expand the Aquaman family. I really want Kaldur and Lorena to appear as well. All 4 characters are interesting to me and each help bring something different to the Aquaman mythos. Hopefully they will all appear sooner rather than later in Aquaman's series. I especially want Garth to appear with his magic based powers as he has always been a favorite of mine.

#22 Posted by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid I don't know if you have or are planning on checking out the new Multiversity book, but Garth is in it and he looks a lot like his pre-Flashpoint self.

#23 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@youknowwhattodo: I've read the first 2 issues.

Is Garth shown in a preview? Is he appearing alongside Donna? :)

#24 Edited by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: I don't think he's shown in a preview and he doesn't appear alongside Donna because Donna wasn't in the issue despite the fact that she was advertised as being in Multiversity: The Just, which was really the only thing that pissed me off about the new Multiversity. Also there was Wally West but more like his pre-Flashpoint version.

#25 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@youknowwhattodo: Woop Aquacrisis.

Looks like him and Wally are the same age. I wonder who the third guy is.

http://rolandbaldwin.tumblr.com/post/100662131631

#28 Posted by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: I can't remember all of the heroes that were in that scene off the top of my head, and I don't have the comic in front of me (maybe Kyle Rayner or Chris Kent). However, every superhero in this book was identified so there are no mystery characters.

#29 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@youknowwhattodo: Im hoping Kyle appear along side them since Wally and Garth atleast pre52 are of the same age group. Not thinking the third guy is Kyle though shadow looks huge.

I'm guessing the issue will have Wally and Garth among the JL, Wally as Flash and Garth as Aquaman.

Thanks for showing me that :)

#30 Posted by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: Garth is back it looks like from the Aquaman preview....but

No Caption Provided

Hope they don't make the same mistake as the Finches.

#31 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@youknowwhattodo: Finally! Thanks for this man glad you remembered me he looks aged right as well probably Donna's age.

Not big on the face tattoo but the suit looks awesome looks like Booths sketch I got a friend to color.

Hoping its revealed he had some type of prior history with Aquaman the way this looks though is that he'll be an antagonist.

@vitalius

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#32 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainmarvel4ever: Same here, and Im guessing he means Donna's role as antagonist at the moment. Seems like Garth will play the role as well.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#34 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: I'm fine with that, as long as they end up working together in the future I don't care how he's introduced.

I wonder if he's going to go by Aqualad, or just start out as Tempest.

#35 Posted by Vitalius (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: Apperantly Antleants still dont like Garth possibel because his eye´ collour. But i just want him and Donna and Arsenal, Wally West and Nightwing form The Titan again.

#36 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@vitalius: Wanting to see them together as well.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq7mzahcNe1r1dc09o1_500.jpg

@captainmarvel4ever: Dont really care if they come in as redeemable antagonist its obviously temporarily. The way the suit is designs seems like Garth will come in as Tempest. Im hoping we can get some sort of reference as to him being Aqualad whether or not he knew Aqua man at the time he used the alias.

#37 Posted by Vitalius (5172 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by wbr17 (3516 posts) - - Show Bio

It's really hard to change things and do a reboot when everybody seems to want the comics to be the same as always.

#39 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of the blue. It clashes with the color of water.

Avatar image for garrettsgonewild
#40 Posted by garrettsgonewild (91 posts) - - Show Bio

In other previews his costume is red? I wonder which Garth costume will stick? Because Tula debuted with silver and purple and ended up with her original Green and yellow in later comic.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#41 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of the blue. It clashes with the color of water.

They changed it to red

#42 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Oh? That's better then. Let's just hole the previews we have seen aren't what many are assuming.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#43 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: Well one solicit says "all is not as it seems". Also it will be cool to see Aquaman meeting Poseidon.

#44 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.