Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4624 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Envoy of Poseidon

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Seriously, I'm gonna miss it. Not that I don't like the classic Gold and Green, but I did prefer the Envoy of Poseidon look he's had for the past few issues. I'm at least glad it looks like he's keeping the trident, though.

Anyone think we'll get to see it again, down the line?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: I mean, I would probably change the color scheme a little more, because the top and bottom didn't match which did bother me.

But I'm curious, which one of those designs were you actually talking about? The fourth and fifth work well for me, but I'd still say his EoP look is better.

And It looks closer to the EoP version than the Trident of Neptune he used to have. I mean, if I see three prongs I'm not associating it with his old trident. I'd have to see five and not seeing five and having them not be their and them saying it's the old trident is just weird. Now, if they say it's a new trident for a new age of his rule, that I'm fine with.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: Well that's just silly. The trident is one of Aquaman's signatures. That should be uniform across the board. How DC let it slide that it could be drawn two totally different ways is beyond me. That's like drawing Superman's crest with five sides in Action Comics and three in Superman.

But, a part of me really just wants him to have the Trident of Poseidon because it has 3 and not 5 prongs. That was a bit of an annoyance to me with his original trident. Even if the shorter two were just for aesthetics.

And I'll be surprised if she does go by Aquawoman. She made a point of correcting people who called her that early in the reboot.

I think your ideas with the second suit would make it a lot better. As it is, it looks just too much like his old outfit, but change up the bottom, I think it works.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ScouterV

@ecstaticgrace: If they at least gave a reason it changed, I could take that, but maybr make one for combat and the other more magic-based.

As for the costumes, I personally kind of like how Wonder Woman's changes at least somewhat often. The armor she wore to fight Hell was pretty awesome. I've not seen the armored Aquaman design though. In fact, I never really had a problem with Aquaman's look. I thought it came off as a bit gauche, but not bad. However, I do think because of the basic design, he could be open to a lot more in terms of redesign. Sort of like Green Arrow.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: I like it. Maybe change up the shoulder pads and make them jut like fins a bit and some small gold highlights on the pants, but otherwise I like it. Though, I think a lot of people were burned out on armor at the time. I liked all the new looks though.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By vinomonster

Anybody else think that they will change Arthur's trident in Rise of the Seven Kingdom?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.