Arthur Curry aka Aquaman Composite Respect Thread

• 146 results
#1 Edited by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a composite respect thread for Arthur Curry commonly known as Aquaman, containing feats from the Pre-Flashpoint/Post-Flashpoint Era. Specifically Post-Crisis to the Post-Flashpoint. Detroit Era feats suggested to be in between Pre and Post Crisis. Some Pre-Crisis Feats might be included as well to round out Pre-Flashpoint as a whole, wheras the Trident is a amalgam of various continuities and representations of versions of Aquaman and his trident. Some feats might repeat themselves in different categories if they cover different areas. Feel free to use any scans in this thread to your pleasure as I hope this is of use.

Strength

Being Atlantean Royalty Aquaman tends to possess strength above that of a human or Atlantean. His strength has been shown to exceed the thousand ton range. Another reason Aquaman and Atlanteans are very strong and durable is because of their adaption to underwater living making them very strong on land.

Physical Power: Stronger on land.

No Caption Provided

Striking

On top of having massive physical strength the King of Atlantis tends to pack a punch, having harmed Metas, Machines and Gods with his physical might.

No Caption Provided

Durability

One of the King of Atlantis many attributes, is having nearly bulletproof skin, able to survive attacks capable of destroying cities casually and can free fall from Orbit and be fine. Note: Aquaman's skin is near bulletproof but his bones and muscle are completely bulletproof. "You want to know what makes Aquaman tough"

No Caption Provided

Blunt Force Durability:

Pre-Crisis

Underwater pressure with Glass-Man

Takes a backhand from Shaggyman

Maelstorm of Crushing Water leaves Manhunter and GL half unconscious

Falls from a planets orbit to the sea

Post-Crisis

Deathstroke bounces off his chest

Cheapshot from Grundy

7 miles deep with GL

Cheapshot from amped Powergirl

Takes multiple speed hits from Johnny Quick Note: Reference

Takes a hit from Lobo

At a young age gets punched from Wonder Woman

Last a Full minute with Titus Note: Reference

Underwater pressure with Halby

Tanks a Haymaker from Dreadnaught Note: Reference

Post-Flashpoint

Takes a hit from a Giant Born (Post-Flashpoint)

Takes a punch from Martian Manhunter

Shieldbashed by Wonder Woman. While weakened. (Post-FP)

Takes a backhand from Shaggyman (Post-FP)

Cheapshot from Martian Manhunter

Takes a punch from Amazo

Piercing Durability:

Pre-Crisis

Post-Crisis

Rarely bleeds

Post-Flashpoint

Trench Teeth break on his armor

"Your skin is Rock Hard" Reference: Note Reference: Note

Blast Force Durability:

Pre-Crisis

Takes a gust of wind from Red Tornado

Conscious after being caught in he shockwave of a warhead

Post-Crisis

Sustained blast from Starro

Initial reaction

Post-Flashpoint

Takes hit from a torpedo no real damage

Takes a blast from Nuetron

Farewell Hong Kong

Walks through Lex Luthor blasting him Note: Weakened Note:

Takes a TK blast from Martian Manhunter

Takes the Dead King's scepter attack Note: Reference

Temperature Durability:

Pre-Crisis

Survives Heat Vision to the side

Post-Crisis

Fighting in a Category 5 Storm

Surrounded by Hellfire

Taking Hellfire no physical damage

In Antarctic waters

Post-Flashpoint

Takes Martian Heat Vision from J'onn Note: Reference Note: Reference

Saves some Atlanteans in heat gear from burning in a lava vent

Takes Chimera's flame breath Note: Reference

Other:

Pre-Crisis

Unaffected by Ghast incantation

Post-Crisis

Tanks Asmodels voice

Post-Flashpoint

Resist transmutation from the Otherness (which turned a human to a monster)

Takes Ocean Masters lightning

Toxin/Venom immunity

Healing

No Caption Provided

Aquaman has a pretty impressive healing factor whether on land or sea. He's been stabbed clean through and healed as well as been blasted a hole through and healed in the next panel. Talk about a Super Amphibian.

No Caption Provided

Speed

Fun Fact: Water is on avg. 832 times more dense then air, so when Aquaman's on dry land he can travel faster, and has been shown to react and perceive things at super speed both above and beneath the waves. Faster on land. Look at TOA as an instance where he tends to Super charge a couple times.

No Caption Provided

Senses

Not everyone has enough sense or some don't have it at all, but Aquaman doesn't seem to have that problem in his case he has super senses. The King of Atlantis is capable of hearing from miles away as well as seeing in near complete darkness.

No Caption Provided

AquaTelepathy

"I don't talk to Fish" Whether he talks to fish or not, Aquaman's most iconic ability seems to be his command over the denizens of the deep. Whether that include Dolphins, Sea Birds, or Zombie Sharks.

No Caption Provided

Telepathy

Did you know Aquaman was a legit telepath for a very long time? Well now you do. Aquaman's tp has been a pretty extreme ability in his comic history. Out of all the characters to have telepathy Aquaman is one of or maybe even the one to use it in a form that comes off as hax. Basal Ganglia anyone?

No Caption Provided

Offensive Telepathy

Staggers Swampthing

Basal Ganglia: Seizure

Telepathically dominates Tiamat All-Knowing (Alien Dragons)

Ancient Atlanteans in reference to next link

Telepathically battles Kordax

Gets Kordax to kill himself

"In a way Nekron never could" (Pre-Crisis)

Telepathically dominates an AI

Telepathic Assualt alongside Martian Manhunter takes down the Tangent Secret Six

Telepathically battles a powerful conscious who ignored the powers Neron gave Black Manta

Telepathic Powers in the form of Bad Vibrations

Controlling Telepathy

"Is he controlling the poison"

Turns a Durlan Water Clan against each other

Controls a Green Lantern ring (Out wills the user)

Telepathically commands a Millennium Giant to Superman's surprise

Getting a demon to submit

Is that clear

Telepathically stops Vixen

This was all a dream

Piloting Manhunter's ship

Telepathic Skill

Can Block his mind and others from Telepathic entrance

Resist Maxima's hypnotism

Resist Chimera's telepathy

Resist the Trans while giving J'onn a telepathic push he needed to break the link with Spectre

Mind stays free from the Trans even when entering J'onn's taken over mind

Can escape Mind control through "back doors"

Breaks out of Hallucinating

Resist then counters The Shark's telepathic assault

Probes Dr. Polaris

Reads Martian Manhunter's mind w/o permission

Telepathic Conversation

Telepathically connects with the Universes first race

Telepathic Bloodline Potential

Telepathic Power

Probing through a City with Martian Manhunter

First to notice Titus mind control

Resist Chimera's telepathy

Composite Trident

Whether it be his own trident, your mom's trident or Poseidon's Trident. Aquaman has shown the ability to wield the trident very proficiently over various different time lines, on top of that he's had a couple tridents with pretty sweet abilities. No matter the trident the one thing that always remains definite is the fact it's Indestructible.

No Caption Provided

Respect: Skills/Attributes/Deeds/Statements

Whether it be by hand, trident, or mind Arthur Curry has demonstrated he has a plethora of skills, hell his good friend Topo is even a musician.

No Caption Provided

Fights

Aquaman being a character that's been around for more then 75 years has had a plethora of fights whether it be against Nazis, Demons, Machines, Aliens, or Gods; AC has always pulled through. DC Homesite states.

No Caption Provided

Respect: Character Related Pages

Wanting to Learn more check out some of the threads below to see character related pages.

No Caption Provided

#2 Edited by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@wavemotioncannon: @Ouroborik: @matchesmalone21: @zaied: @chimeroid: @sirfizzwhizz: @dondave: @Dernman: @fallschirmjager: @beatboks1: @highaccuser: @vinomonster: @MadFacedKid: @magnus18: @kcomicfan: @thevivas: @blackwind: @comicfan11: @Ashrym: @raw_material: @theexile285: @MetalJimmor:

Tags might be broken but I was thinking some of you might want to use this to find scans, calculations are included for some of the speed showings. It's not complete but I put the stuff that I thought was fundamental I hope it's of use.

#3 Posted by vinomonster (5566 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: Nice job mate! As always.. you should be the next Aqualad :P Hail for King Arthur.. You should be ready for more feats on Rebirth.

#4 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by kcomicfan (4690 posts) - - Show Bio

Good thread.

#6 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

Good thread.

Glad you like it, I hope you have use for it.

No Caption Provided

#7 Posted by MetalJimmor (6417 posts) - - Show Bio

Always glad to see the King of Atlantis get another respect thread! I'll have to look at all the scans when I have more time.

#8 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Ashrym (2879 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman 50 gave a nod to Aquaman. Vandal Savage has a simulation of what the future can be and included those whom Savage considers to be the strongest for his clan.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

#10 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashrym: Yeah I saw that as well, it's a cool mention but I'm curious to what sense Vandal meant strongest, we already get a mention in Forever Evil that Aquaman is one of the strongest people on the planet, but I think Vandal meant it in the sense of strong being those who could stand over those Vandal considered weak.

Personally was hoping they didn't touch Aquaman again in a Superman title I didn't like the Braniac thing and the Pak issue with Aquaman telling Superman to take a fall was horrible in terms of characterization let alone fight.

I liked the Beer issue and the lunch scene in SM/WW though and this wasn't bad either, I'd like to see more team ups with Arthur and Clark there's stroies with the two I liked Pre-Flashpoint and they have alot in common that never seems to be brought up.

#11 Edited by Ashrym (2879 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll add this here since I already pulled images a few today. These are from Aquaman 50 and Justice League of America 8 so don't read them if you don't want spoilers. I'm trying not to give out too much either way.

From JLA8

No Caption Provided

Impaling Rao with a trident. It's always nice to see Aquaman lay down some Kryptonian smack.

Also from JLA8

No Caption Provided

He also casually tosses Rao over to Wonder Woman as he checks on Superman. This reminded me a bit of Shazam's rescue in Justice. I also like the Wonder Woman reaction and kept it in the image. As a side note, Aquaman also used lighting from the trident later in the comic so I'll give that a small inclusion.

No Caption Provided

One more from JLA8

No Caption Provided

Aquaman was an active participant in forcing Rao through Cyborg's boom tube while Superman has broken ribs, ruptured liver, etc.

All in all, Aquaman had a couple of good badass moments in Justice League of America 8

The images from Aquaman 50 aren't quite as butt kicking, but they did add a couple of layers to his abilities.

Communing with water by focusing through his trident.

No Caption Provided

Detects nanoscopic traces in the water, and then also calls out to Deadwater, who later is shown to be extra dimensional.

No Caption Provided

These next images are more of a teaser. Deadwater did answer Aquaman's telepathic call. The fight started at this pool, which is from a penthouse on top of a skyscraper in Albany, NY, so it does show some decent fighting outside of water. The fight didn't stay there.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I enjoyed both reads, thought I'd add some feats.

#12 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashrym:Appreciate it man. Is Aquaman still using the Trident Wonder Woman tossed to him or did he put it down, I really couldn't tell when reading it. Hoping he put it down and decided to stick with his original :P

I also wonder how big a drop that could of been not that he hasn't free fell from higher distances like Orbit and The Stratosphere but it's cool to think about also Arthur seems to have blurred a bit in the last image when falling the tridents end size can't be seen and his legs look longer then what they are sized to be.

The Water telepathy thing is really interesting.

Anyways great stuff thanks for adding them.

#13 Posted by Ashrym (2879 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: It's Poseidon's trident in JLA8, not specified yet in Aquaman50 but it certainly looks different from the 5 tined weapon he had.

#14 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashrym: Eh bummer then on that part. I'm hoping the original trident starts getting some form of AOE.

#15 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

Forget all those other feats.

Can we talk about how Aquaman used Fire Punch on Dead Water?

#16 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: I wonder how many times he's moved around so freely while his suit was on fire without caring.

Obviously SSJ Aura though.

#17 Posted by Chimeroid (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashrym: In Aquaman 50 he also shown some resistance to Otherness. Not sure if it was reality manipulation since it did transmute the other guy. So this might be his reality manipulation resistance feat, or at least transmutation resistance:

No Caption Provided

#18 Posted by Chimeroid (9241 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: I didn't really put much thought into that, nice man.

I wonder why it didnt change Aquaman his physiology, does he still have magic in veins maybe? Hoping this is expanded on on but I'd probably classify it as some sore of transmutation though it seems to warp the mind as well.

#20 Posted by Chimeroid (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: I didn't really put much thought into that, nice man.

I wonder why it didnt change Aquaman his physiology, does he still have magic in veins maybe? Hoping this is expanded on on but I'd probably classify it as some sore of transmutation though it seems to warp the mind as well.

Well, Aquaman always had a strong mind. It is the fact that he was not transformed that surprised me. It is a nice feat. Probably low resistance

#21 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: That's true J'onn has said before Aquaman's will is the strongest he's known. Beat that Jordan :P

On a serious note I am hoping he gets expanded later on I'll be sure to add it though

#22 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: Is Otherness something that was introduced in another comic that I don't know about?

#23 Posted by Chimeroid (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: it was introduced in this comic. It is an extradimensional sentient ocean. It transformed one human into a serpent monster thrall but it didnt work on Artuur when he was in it

#24 Posted by Ashrym (2879 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: @chimeroid: I hadn't given that resistance much thought but it does demonstrate resistance. Another one people forget is Aquaman has n52 telepathy resistance when Aquaman forced Chimera out of his mind on the direct physical connection.

No Caption Provided

#25 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: @blackwind: With Arthur's description of it, it almost reminds me of the secret sea from the Volume 6 run with the water hand.

It wasn't really water by his definition or not directly water it was suggested to be "a new water" He described it as resonating with Thought which reminds me of the Secret Sea. Later which it actually was drowning Aquaman which you could probably say by that its not really water but he seemed to beat it or Resist it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here's why it reminds me of the Secret Sea though.

I'm wishing they made that reference like Aquaman saying "it's like some sort of Secret Sea that's twisted and dark in nature" something like that. If this wasn't where the idea came from I'd be a bit sad as I'm wanting to see "Sub-Diego" happen in some form again.

I also want to applaud Abnett for using a villain for at most 1 issue with a fight, and 2 if we include the introduction. Instead of giving us an entire arc with a new villain that were not really sure about yet like testing the waters so to speak. I'm curios about "The Otherness" and hope it's not something that's never brought up again in the mythos

#26 Edited by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashrym: That's a good one as well, I'm going to have to show have @TheVivas this stuff.

I want to add in the fact that if you see Aquaman devolving The Shark in his feats.

That The Shark is a Green Lantern rogue the reason he gives GL a hard time is he can Telepathically induce fear into ones brain. So resisting his TP and making him beg is a good feat.

Post-Crisis feat on the Shark though.

#27 Posted by Chimeroid (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: I am pretty sure it is not the same secret sea. Anyhow, your thread is awesome. Get more things under the composite trident though. :D

#28 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: Your probably right but I think it would be cool if there was some connection maybe "The Otherness" can spawn The Thirst and "The Secret Sea" is to "The Otherness" as Light is to Day. To be honest I'd be surprised if The Otherness is even brought up again 10 issues onwards. Some interesting stuff that's been introduced in previous runs have yet to be addressed. Like that Pit Hercules was put in would make a great torture prison for Aquaman rogues :P I'd also like to see Aquaman wield all of the Atlantean relics for an arc I think that could of been a cool direction instead of borrowed powered in the Thule arc not that the Poseidon stuff wasn't cool though.

But thank you I'm glad you like the thread, I plan on continously updating and feel free to post stuff I tend to miss things first read. Hoping this thread can give a good idea what a Composite Aquaman with and without a Composite Trident is capable of.

#29 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: Good. Because I definitely thought that I was missing something because I had never heard of this so-called Otherness.

#30 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcomicfan: @ashrym: @chimeroid: @blackwind: @vinomonster: @WillPayton:

I updated and thought you guys might be interested in seeing the update. More trident feats are referenced among other things in some of the physical categories. I also included Respect as a category in order to give links to specific versions, other affiliated characters and etc. I'll probably be editing from now on every 5 issues or so or whenever I find the time mainly for the really big showings that come in though since this has a lot of continuities in general. Thanks for admiration of the thread and some support with showings.

#31 Edited by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

The feat with Aquaman against the Eel, Aquaman revealed that his telepathy effects even the very smallest, most miniscule sea life, and used it to invade Eel's body was probably one of the most creative thing that I've ever seen him deal with his telepathy. It also means that if he's in the water with someone, he doesn't just need to fight with something big.

#32 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: Good point. The Plankton thing was pretty badass, would like to see more creativity like that from writers for future stories.

#33 Posted by Chimeroid (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashrym: @ecstaticgrace: What do you guys say we make a Composite Mera respect thread? I mean she had some nice feats in Darkest night storyline

http://www.aquamanshrine.net/2012/02/top-10-most-memorable-mera-moments.html

I am willing to do it myself i just like working with you two when it comes to Aquaman :D

#34 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: :P

Check out the "Respect" section underneath Fights of this thread.

It's a WIP but I'd appreciate the help in any of them if you'd like.

#35 Posted by Chimeroid (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: :P

Check out the "Respect" section underneath Fights of this thread.

It's a WIP but I'd appreciate the help in any of them if you'd like.

Phenomenal., will go through it and see if i have something to add :D .

#36 Posted by Farkam (12025 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how N52 Aquaman is shown to be a top tier.

#37 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

I love how N52 Aquaman is shown to be a top tier.

Seconded.

#38 Posted by Chimeroid (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: Just realized you didn't put these:

1. Tanks an Imperiex Drone blast 2. Actually destroys a Drone.

And for the first scan. In the aftermath of that battle Justice League was knocked out except for him (superman was not in that fight). But he and WW tanked the same blast. He withstood it.

http://s673.photobucket.com/user/galanphotos/media/probejla12.jpg.html

#39 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: Trident vs Imperiex Probe. The first one I'm not sure though it looks like he dodged it and I don't know how fast the blast are either.

#40 Edited by Chimeroid (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: If he dodged it it could be equally impressive, imperiex probes have pretty good shooting feats. and, since the imperiex probe exploded when he pierced it with his trident and he survived it he still has a good durability showing.

Also, it is a strength showing since he blocked Probe's swing

#41 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: Good points, probably would have to see stuff in comparison though like blast speed, Probe strength etc.

#42 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: Aquaman has always had really solid durability. People tend to really overrate the "he got cut by a bullet" low end and try to use that as an excuse for him not having great tanking feats

#43 Edited by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: Ironic thing is you have had powerhouses hurt by far less but it doesn't damage their cred, Wonder Woman has been fatally shot doesn't make her any less a powerhouse, Black Bolt has had arrows embedded in himself and Despero has been pierced clean through with a rod, so it's not like there arent characters who've had problems with the Piercing side of durability but have excellent durability to blunt force or other forms of durability like energy attacks.

Ironically Aquaman's faired better to Piercing attacks given high caliber fire can only go pass the skin and not any further. The Thing is completely bulletproof hell same with Black Panther but when it comes to blunt force I'm confident Aquaman and the other powerhouses can take more then the bulletproof characters mentioned in my post.

#44 Edited by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam: @chimeroid: @blackwind: @ashrym: @metaljimmor: @kcomicfan: @vinomonster: From this weeks JL issue.

New52 Mammoth seems like a beast durability wise. The only time I can recall seeing him knocked out is when Superman, Wonder Woman and Magog triple punched him as well as when Tempest and Troia double punched him. So he's not really a one on one opponent it seems.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I'm not sure if I'll add this to the thread, since opinion wise the damage looks generic compared to lets say making Mammoth bleed or knocking him out. Though I will add Mammoth was going blow for blow with Superman who didnt do any better and Aquaman atleast Pushes him back with the backend of the trident like "Not today"

The feat that stood out the most in the title though was this if you pay attention to context. Might be downplayed but keep in mind that these were suggested fast and actually showed the ability to dodge Flash. Practically shows Timing > Faster oponent.

"They're fast, Don't look where they are..."

http://imgur.com/a/5kZtK

#45 Posted by Chimeroid (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: i wouldnt use the speed one, you can see Bats tagging them. The Mammoth feat is pretty good. And i liked Cyborg calling him scary :D

#46 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: Its actually a pretty good feat. Batman explains why he was able to tag them. It's kind of similar to aim dodging but on a higher note.

I wouldn't discount it because Batman did it regardless, Batman when amount the JL has some of the most high class feats.

#47 Posted by vinomonster (5566 posts) - - Show Bio

The feat is pretty much good? I can see why Mammoth has been able to tag with them, the league has only started/working as a team during this story.

#48 Posted by Farkam (12025 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: It made it clear that Aquaman was somewhere in the same league, while not quite as strong as Supes but definitely up there.

#49 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam: I didn't get an opinion either way. Comparable via physical strikes seem more accurate since at best both were only shown pushing Mammoth back. Mammoth even took a punch straight in the gut from Superman and didn't get pushed back just proceeded to slam Superman into a building.

Page 15, Aquaman rocks Mammoth back with his tridents' backend to the skull.

Page 16, Superman speedblitz punches Mammoth in the face rocking him

Page 17, Mammoth takes a punch straight in the abdomen from Superman and doesn't even flinch. Different body part but it atleast tells us he isn't easy to move.

Page 19, Aquaman punches Mammoth in the face rocking him.

Hell Aquamans' trident rocked Mammoth back as much as a speedblitz punch did.

Not that much of an outlier considering

Shatters Graves Pretas shielding

http://imgur.com/iwsgivW

#50 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7143 posts) - - Show Bio

@vinomonster: It was 6 months after Origins so they probably had a few adventures together. Given the Graves arc they didn't really have much teamwork after the 5 years though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.