Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4624 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Arthur and Religion

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Now, we know that Aquaman is fully aware that gods do exist. He has seen them. He's threatened them. He's fought them. But has it ever been made clear if he has any religious or spiritual beliefs? Unlike Diana who's culture is littered with deities, Arthur doesn't constantly ask Poseidon to give him strength or anything. I don't feel Arthur is a worshipper of any deity. Especially ocean based ones. Does anyone have any opinions on this?

Avatar image for the_judge_since_83
    The_Judge_since_83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, if you don't get your powers from the gods and your able to back up a threat you make to a God, is there really a reason left to be religious? I submit that if you're capable of man handling a God, or forcing a God to bend to your will, you no longer have reason to worship that deity. When you need something from them you just go and take it. Now I'm not saying that Aquaman is the kind of guy who's going to go be a jerk like that, but, I can see how people like him, or Superman, or anyone who has gone toe-to-toe with a God no longer really feels like they should be religious. That's my guess on the topic, but I'm just a mere mortal who depends on the grace of God on a daily basis, I could be completely wrong and Arthur may worship in private when the artists aren't looking.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

Take the fact he is not human and his culture is not human.

So it could be the thing we understand as religion has nothing to do with they understands as religion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.