aquaman's power

#1 Posted by gab31 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

i saw on the comic vine page of aquaman that he have the power to control water but i never saw it just saw mera use this power and also i saw that he control electricity and ice and i also never see it. sorry im a french canadian. do you think the same thing if not show picture please.

#2 Posted by vinomonster (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

Controling the weather (lighting) happened during the current arc because he is currently wielding Poseidon's Trident.

IRRC he had hyrdokenesis during the time he had the water hand.

#3 Posted by EcstaticGrace (6947 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He also has Earth control, Levitation, Air control, control over the Storm and Teleportation

Welcome to CV by the way glad you've taken interest in the character.

#4 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman has no natural ability to control elements. The current trident he has is from Poseidon which allows him to channel his power.

#5 Posted by Ashrym (2772 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman has no natural ability to control elements. The current trident he has is from Poseidon which allows him to channel his power.

I think there might be an argument that he can. It's a pretty weak argument, tbf, because he's always portrayed using the trident when controlling elements, but Poseidon gave him the weapons, and powers, of a god; and Wonder Woman stated he was wielding the power of Poseidon as an example of the terminology being used. The entire run has been vague on whether it's him or the trident when it's been mentioned so I've been entertaining the idea that he might still have some ability even without the trident. I could see the writers allowing him to manifest powers and requiring a focus, and continuing with some abilities going back to his previous trident.

I expect you are correct. I just see the other concept as a possibility so far.

#6 Edited by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashrym: I think the Poseidon blessing just gives him the ability to weild the trident like activate it's power, but you'd right his powers are pretty vague and need more in depth explanation like how they work for one.

#7 Posted by Ashrym (2772 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashrym: I think the Poseidon blessing just gives him the ability to weild the trident like activate it's power, but you'd right his powers are pretty vague and need more in depth explanation like how they work for one.

It does more than that. The otherworldly banefield, for example, burned Aquaman's flesh before Poseidon's blessings but those blessings protected him from that same effect later.

#8 Edited by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashrym: Yeah that was interesting. Hoping it gets touched upon I still think the elemental stuff is being done with the trident maybe being channeled by Arthur.

#9 Posted by seastone98 (4547 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah he can do all of dose things as long as he uses the magical trident of Poseidon

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.