Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4601 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Aquaman: Why The Live-Action Movie Has Potential

• 59 results
    The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nice

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Aquaman is a beast.

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've been a huge fan of DC since i was a ver little boy. I'm sorry but I still can't see this guy as Aquaman U_U

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Vitality

After seeing how badass Momoa was in his short time on Game of Thrones...

I think the Aquaman movie can definitely be great if they write the correct type of Aquaman for Momoa.

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Vitality

@hyperman said:

I've been a huge fan of DC since i was a ver little boy. I'm sorry but I still can't see this guy as Aquaman U_U

Really?

I think he's perfect for that type of Aquaman that was shown in the Justice League animated series.

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'd rather see some blonde hunky Aquaman lookalike in the role . A man who resembles the new 52 version of him or the last animated movie.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

I hope it will be really good

Avatar image for ghost_rider_888
    ghost_rider_888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who thinks that Momoa i just a waste as aquaman , he would be the perfect Lobo , even without makeup he looks like him

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I am starting to think that it's just difficult to bring Aqua into live action - or even animation.

I was all gung ho for Throne of Atlantis. I even paid $20 to watch it on Amazon as soon as I possibly could. It was okay and I will probably watch it enough times to feel like I got my money's worth, but I didn't come away from the movie thinking Aqua was any "cooler" than before. In fact I am more skeptical about a live action movie than before.

I think part of the issue is: he has a very specific arena that he excels in. I don't live on the coast and I haven't seen the ocean in years. If he was fighting crime in my city he'd just probably have to change his name to something else, use the strength and just not even mention the Atlantis thing. See what I mean? Unless you live on a house boat or happen to be Atlatean it's hard to relate to Aq.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.