Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4626 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Aquaman : The end of an era ?

Hiddensix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Hiddensix

after more than 50 years of being called the lamest hero ever, Aquaman gained many fans due to the efforts of the allstar "Green Lantern" Team : Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis . however , since Reis has finally left the creative team . would the series still remain one of the best of the new 52 ?

P.S I Like Wood's work on Aquaman 14 but can Pelletier still make the series shine ?

state your opinions pls .

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Too early yo tell

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By colonyofcells

The Geoff Johns Aquaman will go the way of the old Geoff Johns Hawkman and Booster Gold. The current version of Aquaman is still pretty useless compared to Superman.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By PowerHerc

Pelletier can do the job.

Aquaman will be alright as far a art goes.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
    @colonyofcells Who isn't useless compared to Supes, really? I'm hoping they can maintain the quality of this previous team because this book made me look at Aquaman differently.
    BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BlackWind

Aquaman has been solid since the 90s with Peter David. The new 52 isn't making him cool, he already was.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SmashBrawler

@BlackWind said:

Aquaman has been solid since the 90s with Peter David. The new 52 isn't making him cool, he already was.

YES, THANK YOU.

Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
    Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as Aquaman is paired next to Batman & Superman, he's going to be a joke to the mainstream.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JonSmith

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Who isn't useless compared to Supes, really?

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By colonyofcells

Dc needs to allow Aquaman, Martian, Wonder Woman, and others a chance to beat Superman so other super heroes can shine also. Unfortunately, the origins tend to be very similar. Superman is from krypton, Aquaman from Atlantis, Martian from Mars, WW from Paradise Island. Dc needs to work harder to make each super hero useful and unique. Currently, WW is using greek mythology to differentiate with Superman. Aquaman and Atlantis need more revamps to be interesting. I would like to see Aquaman become as useful as Superman both in land and space. If Thor can be useful everywhere in the universe, I think Aquaman can also.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By DanialCarroll

I think Pelletier is a great artist, so yeah, I think the book is in good hands.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By colonyofcells

My guess is dc does not want to invest in Aquaman too much anymore. Aquaman don't have much future in tv or the movies. The Justice league movie probably won't have Aquaman.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By the_tree

@SmashBrawler said:

@BlackWind said:

YES, THANK YOU.

High fives all around.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BlackWind

As much as I love Aquaman, he isn't a space guy. He works fine on land, so long as he isn't in a desert, really.

Avatar image for juandicimo_magnifico45
    Juandicimo_Magnifico45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@colonyofcells said:

Dc needs to allow Aquaman, Martian, Wonder Woman, and others a chance to beat Superman so other super heroes can shine also. Unfortunately, the origins tend to be very similar. Superman is from krypton, Aquaman from Atlantis, Martian from Mars, WW from Paradise Island. Dc needs to work harder to make each super hero useful and unique. Currently, WW is using greek mythology to differentiate with Superman. Aquaman and Atlantis need more revamps to be interesting. I would like to see Aquaman become as useful as Superman both in land and space. If Thor can be useful everywhere in the universe, I think Aquaman can also.

Are you saying that other DC heroes need to literally beat Superman in a fight... I sure hope not.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Stormbox

Pelletiers ok

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#16  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

@juandicimo_magnifico45: I don't see the problem in that. Superman may be the most powerful person in the DC, but other DC characters have different abilities they can use to defeat Supes. Batman: Being paranoid and planning a way to kill everyone of the JLA if they went rogue. Aquaman: Summoning a shark. Martian Manhunter: Using his abilities to pass through solid objects on Superman. He can just stick his hand through Superman. Wonder Woman: She has some of the gods on her side. Flash: Running around to create a tornado to go after Supes. Green Lantern: Using his ring to make a shield or fight against Supes. Captain Marvel: Magic. Spectre: Really?. Atom: Become small sneak into his ear and then become large of again. Shatter Superman's body. Sure it will be bloody, but hey a win for Ray Palmer. Hawkman: Going Hawkman on him. Green Arrow: Kryptinite arrow.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@juandicimo_magnifico45: I don't see the problem in that. Superman may be the most powerful person in the DC, but other DC characters have different abilities they can use to defeat Supes. Batman: Being paranoid and planning a way to kill everyone of the JLA if they went rogue. Aquaman: Summoning a shark. Martian Manhunter: Using his abilities to pass through solid objects on Superman. He can just stick his hand through Superman. Wonder Woman: She has some of the gods on her side. Flash: Running around to create a tornado to go after Supes. Green Lantern: Using his ring to make a shield or fight against Supes. Captain Marvel: Magic. Spectre: Really?. Atom: Become small sneak into his ear and then become large of again. Shatter Superman's body. Sure it will be bloody, but hey a win for Ray Palmer. Hawkman: Going Hawkman on him. Green Arrow: Kryptinite arrow.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.