Aquaman Rogues

#1 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the new 52 has done an excellent job in keeping Aquaman villains consistent with these fresh new takes. What villains however would others like to see brought back or recreated? Personally I'd like to see King Shark back as the son of the Shark God again. As well as some villains who are a bit removed from the sea.

But first I have to ask....what the hell is so fascinating about the Fisherman? Who even is this guy? I dunno why but people keep asking for him to come back. What's so interesting about him?

#2 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

The Fisherman I truly no nothing about but the idea sounds silly. It kinda makes Arthur come off as some fish man.. He's most likely getting a return based on the statues that were shown in tr Dead King arc I just hope he doesn't refer to himself as The Fisherman maybe since its a JL event maybe Flash, GL, or Shazam name him that..

I use to think Scavenger was silly as well but the way he was used was cool.

Villains I'd love to see get New52 returns in the Aquaman mythos is King Shark, The Eel, The Thirst, The Lava Trolls, Triton, and theirs more think a lot of them have potential.

#3 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: If they are going to keep up with the theme of Aquaman's ancestors and their problems coming to bite him in the ass, I'd like to see Kordax come back as well. It wouldn't take much tweaking. Instead of shaming him for being blonde, it could simply be for misuse and abusal of his telepathy, which now resides in Aquaman.

I'd definitely like to see the Fire Trolls again, though.

#4 Edited by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

Kordax would be cool, if they wanted they could even make one of the 7 lost cities be similar in appearance to Kordax. Fire Trolls might be hard to pull off could always be a Eco problem? He's usually seen closing lava vents or opening them.

Charybdis could be cool as well.

#5 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

It could be interesting to see the Deep Six as well.

#6 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: Deep 6 could be great be nice if they were all connected to Darkseid as well, maybe a second invasion this time more all out.

@Fallschirmjager any Pre52 rogue suggestions that u'd like to see.

#7 Posted by Spidey_Jackson (6359 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see Thanatos and Kordax again.

Beata

#8 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidey_jackson: Eh can't believe I forgot about Thanatos didnt read David's run but the wikia made him come off as a interesting villain would love to see how they'd adapt him if possible same goes to Kordax.

#9 Posted by Spidey_Jackson (6359 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by Spidey_Jackson (6359 posts) - - Show Bio

Siren,Black Manta,Kordax,Ocean Master,Triton,Fisherman,Thanatos,King Shark and The Dead King......I just noticed Aquaman has an awesome Rogues Gallery.

Beata

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#11 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Kordax being all that good of a villain anymore. Their final clash was almost entirely a TP battle and they've sort of nipped that in the butt.

The Deep 6 would be pretty awesome to see reimagined.

Triton should come back too, especially since the Greek mythos in the New 52 is rich. And WW and Aquaman need to team up against to deal with Hercules and later imo they should fight Poseidon.

Also yeah. Siren would be a great addition. I liked her a and Aquaman needs a female villain.

A purely land based villain would also go a long way imo

#12 Posted by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Kordax being all that good of a villain anymore. Their final clash was almost entirely a TP battle and they've sort of nipped that in the butt.

The Deep 6 would be pretty awesome to see reimagined.

Triton should come back too, especially since the Greek mythos in the New 52 is rich. And WW and Aquaman need to team up against to deal with Hercules and later imo they should fight Poseidon.

Also yeah. Siren would be a great addition. I liked her a and Aquaman needs a female villain.

A purely land based villain would also go a long way imo

I hate the potrayal of Greek gods in New 52.

#13 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian: Same based on just what I'm hearing of them. I don't like the idea of Zues having a son he's in fear of or the other Gods are.

Posiedon looks ridiculous.

Apollo is dead to my understanding? For someone also who is also representative of the Sun I'd hope for a lighter personality..

#14 Posted by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian: Same based on just what I'm hearing of them. I don't like the idea of Zues having a son he's in fear of or the other Gods are.

Posiedon looks ridiculous.

Apollo is dead to my understanding? For someone also who is also representative of the Sun I'd hope for a lighter personality..

Yeah, Poseidon looks like giant crab or octopus I can't rly remember. Hades is ridiculus child with wax melting on his face lol.

Spoilers about Apollo:

He got killed by First Born.

#15 Posted by Raw_Material (3553 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Deep Six

2. Triton

3. The Fisherman

4. The Eel

#16 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: Wasn't the Eel that guy who found out his telekinesis worked far better in the water? Wasn't he originally from Gotham?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.