Aquaman: Rebirth (Discussion and Hopes)

• 54 results
#51 Posted by namelessnoname (110 posts) - - Show Bio

The current storyline is not as bad as the last one but it's pretty boring and cheesy. I guess Dan Abnett somehow thought he was being original or different by simply making Mera look like a generic female counterpart to Aquaman. I can't remember which issue in New 52, but at one point a police officer called her "Aquawoman" and she corrected him by saying that wasn't her name... dressing up as him won't help with that Mera...

#52 Edited by EcstaticGrace (7190 posts) - - Show Bio

@namelessnoname: She already addressed that actually that she didn't like the name, its been said in both 49 and 50. Given the Rebirth stuff it looks like she's not keeping the name or costume which I agree is a good thing. Welcome to CV though.

@soopahsoup: Prefer it over the Rebirth suit. I don't mind classic but I liked the collar on Aquaman looked regal as well as the New52 Gloves and fins.

Welcome to CV

#53 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7190 posts) - - Show Bio

https://mobile.twitter.com/RenaeDeLiz/status/717129278467416066

Thought this was cool.

#54 Posted by BlackWind (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

@namelessnoname: I didn't see it that way at all.

Mera isn't changing her identity or anything like that. This is all just for the sake of public relations and good PR.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#55 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@namelessnoname: I didn't see it that way at all.

Mera isn't changing her identity or anything like that. This is all just for the sake of public relations and good PR.

Yeah it's meta-commentary.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.