Aquaman movie rumors?

#1 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a thread wondering about some rumors.

Surfer with tribal tattoos. Surfer being a reference to the long hair and the tats clearly being shown in the image reveal.

There was also the rumor of him somewhat making an appearance in DoJ now that seems obvious.

But what about the rumor of him being cousins with Wonder Woman due to be the son of Poseidon. The other stuff is minor in my opinion compared to this cause this is origin influenced and in honesty as cool as it might sound its really unnecessary. Keep him the bridge of both land and sea. Not sky and sea.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
#2 Edited by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

My thoughts are if you're going to have Aquaman's origin tie into mythology, it would make more sense to base it off the legends of the Polynesian tribes since the DCCU Aquaman is being played by a Pacific Islander. It would take more effort but it would be better than trying to awkwardly cram Greek mythology into a region that never followed it. The only exception might be Atlantis because that is a story that has been shared by multiple ancient cultures throughout history (albeit with different names).

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
#3 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (2623 posts) - - Show Bio

I think with Aquaman being WW cousin is weird unless the guy who heard this rumor must of misheard it And the truth is there talking about the villain of the movie will be Triton son of Poseidon also WW cousin

#4 Posted by SodamYat (7907 posts) - - Show Bio

Links to these rumors origins or not worth my time.

#5 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@sodamyat: http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2014/11/rumor-aquaman-wonder-woman-cousins-in-batman-v-superman.html?m=1

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/12/01/batman-vs-superman-wonder-woman-aquaman-are-cousins-2473216?lt_source=external,manual

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/aquaman-wonder-woman-rumored-be-cousins-batman-vs-superman

Not sure about the original source but it was a past AM rumor and alot are coming true.

#6 Posted by SilverPool (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't believe it. Same deal when the WW being Kryptonian info came out and they flat out denied it.

#7 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@youknowwhattodo: Personally would prefer Pacific Gods being minorly or in some way referenced not Aquaman as the son of one though.

@darknightspideyfanboy: Triton would be cool maybe Poseidon then later gives Arthur the trident and see's him as a successor of sorts kinda like a son. Dont want anything to strongly connected to Wonder Woman. The Greek Mythology is more her side of DCU.

#8 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

People just can't be patient lets just wait and see.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.