Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4601 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Aquadog Respect Thread

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Raw_Material

Welcome to the Aqua Family, Aquadog. This is a forum to discuss the new addition to the team and where do you think this is leading to; or is this just to point out how compassionate Orin and Mera really are with each other? Just imagine Aquadog receiving some type of powers & abilities somehow along the way in this on-going series. Hopefully they'll run into an Atlantean Artifact enabling him to breathe underwater and communicate to sea life; or maybe Mera's a badass trainer and helps Aquadog acquire proper training and abilities. NOW, THAT WOULD BE COOL! However, we do know that Aquadog has a dislike of water after being trapped in a cocoon created by The Trench as food storage, but do not have complete confirmation that he does. I'm just happy he's now apart of the Aqua Family! Tell us your feelings and admiration towards Aquadog by commenting below.

And The Friendship of Aquadog and Krypto Begins!
    And The Friendship of Aquadog and Krypto Begins!
    BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BlackReaper

Imagine if it turned out it was just an ordinary dog with no powers or special abilities at all. That's never the case when it comes to comics.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Stormbox

I hope youre not serious lol

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KnightRise

Aquadog solos Michael Demuirgos and Lucifer Morningstar.

Effortlessly.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Raw_Material

@Stormbox: jus saying. that would be sick. more of an "imagine if" type of forum. sort of for the heck of it.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Raw_Material

@BlackReaper: hah, I know right?! Maybe they're thinking about creating a Justice League for Pets and need some members on the team alongside Krypto, Superdog. Not sure but imagine if that happened?

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BlackReaper

@ckuakini said:

@BlackReaper: hah, I know right?! Maybe they're thinking about creating a Justice League for Pets and need some members on the team alongside Krypto, Superdog. Not sure but imagine if that happened?

That uh... that already happened.

No Caption Provided
    Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Stormbox

@ckuakini: If thats the case youre forgetting about titus

Batman and Robin (2011) #2
    Batman and Robin (2011) #2
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By SUNMAN

Lord of the 7 seas. Dominion over all the worlds aquatic life. King of Atlantis..........................and DC gives him a dog for a pet........sigh

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Raw_Material

@Stormbox: okayy?! Batman, especially Robin are not my "frame of mind" and don't take interest in Titus, even tho he would seem pretty badass if he had superpowers. This forum goes out to all the Aqua Fans and not those of Batman, sorry bro.

This is where you should be, go here: http://www.comicvine.com/batman/29-1699/forums/

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KnightRise

@SUNMAN said:

Lord of the 7 seas. Dominion over all the worlds aquatic life. King of Atlantis..........................and DC gives him a dog for a pet........sigh

what would you prefer?

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Raw_Material

@BlackReaper: hahaha! they're definitely gonna have to recruit Aquadog, once he's able to become a SUPER-hero. I have a feeling he's gonna do something super heroic, marking him as a dog of heroism, becoming a hero in the peoples' perspective.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Stormbox

@ckuakini: Didnt know krypto was an aquaman character

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SUNMAN

@KnightRise: lol

yes yes a thousand times yes.

Actually I would have probably gone with a dolphin, but a dogs so typical/traditional and seems out of place for Aquaman especially if he become sKing of Atlantis............. which he should

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Raw_Material

@Stormbox: yeaaa, but I like Superman tho.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jobbernos

nice.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By SoA

aquadog vs batcow

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By DanialCarroll

Wasn't Aquaman's "pet" always a giant seahorse named Storm? Where is it in the New 52? :)

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Raw_Material

@Danial79: It was Topo for some time, but a smart giant octopus was not cutting it. Hopefully this dog can be a good addition to the team, considering Krypto's such a legend in Superman mythos, although he possess super-powers unlike Aquadog.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BlackWind

This is one thing I dislike about new 52 Aquaman. Sea creatures cannot communicate with him.

If this was PAD Aquaman, DC would have had him befriend a grumpy 10000 year old sea serpent that fires mystic lazers from it's mouth.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Raw_Material

@BlackWind: I fully agree. However I think they retconned his direct communication with sea life to deliver more interesting stories and expand on the character. I mean, nowadays he uses telepathy to help him communicate with aquatic life indirectly which usually starts off with him going, "Vu...Vu...Vu...Vu..Vu..Vu..Vu!" and seems like it pays off with more intense battles and stories from Aquaman.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BlackWind

@ckuakini said:

@BlackWind: I fully agree. However I think they retconned his direct communication with sea life to deliver more interesting stories and expand on the character. I mean, nowadays he uses telepathy to help him communicate with aquatic life indirectly which usually starts off with him going, "Vu...Vu...Vu...Vu..Vu..Vu..Vu!" and seems like it pays off with more intense battles and stories from Aquaman.

Honestly his telepathy is weak right now. Sea life have ignored his commands at least twice when their survival instinct kicked in. But its early, Aquaman has clearly gotten more powerful with age, I will be patient with the telepathy.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Raw_Material

@BlackWind said:

Honestly his telepathy is weak right now. Sea life have ignored his commands at least twice when their survival instinct kicked in. But its early, Aquaman has clearly gotten more powerful with age, I will be patient with the telepathy.

@BlackWind: Yea, once again I agree to your opinions on his telepathic powers as of right now and also believe it is somewhat in a "weak" stage, having the sea life ignored him twice after he called them forth to assist in battle against The Trench and The Atlanteans. It's either his telepathy is weak or that the aquatic life are, however we have yet seen his full telepathic powers in the 'New 52' and hope they'll elaborate on it in future issues; although we did see Aquaman command the sharks to devour Darkseid's parademons in the early issues of JUSTICE LEAGUE.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would buy his action figure!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.