1941: If Aquaman got something/ or started with something for his 75th anniversary what would you want it to be?

Edited 5 years, 8 months ago

Poll: 1941: If Aquaman got something/ or started with something for his 75th anniversary what would you want it to be? (23 votes)

A TV show 4%
A better Game 4%
A Movie Animated/ Or Solo. 52%
Freedom from comedians 9%
A animated series 30%

#1 Posted by batmannflash (6299 posts) - - Show Bio

live action movie! if not, then an animated tv series would be awesome

#2 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

Got bored and started to wonder what happened to the tv pilot for mercy reef and if Aquaman will get something on his year or it could be Batman year like every year..

#3 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: I always wanted a Animated series, I would hope that it would be because of the success of a Live action movie.

#4 Posted by Captain13 (4769 posts) - - Show Bio

This was never celebrated was it?

#5 Posted by TheExile285 (4353 posts) - - Show Bio

An animated movie is the only realistic choice here. I'd like to see the Death of the King arc animated as a solo animated film.

#6 Posted by derekvang (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13 said:

Not that I recall. The only characters that I recalled DC doing justice (ha no pun intended) to were Supes and B-man. I know they gave Joker, Flash, and GL variant covers and Robin a new comic with B-man. But besides that, I don't remember them doing anything for Aquaman nor Captain Marvel

#7 Edited by EcstaticGrace (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

@derekvang said:

@captain13 said:

Not that I recall. The only characters that I recalled DC doing justice (ha no pun intended) to were Supes and B-man. I know they gave Joker, Flash, and GL variant covers and Robin a new comic with B-man. But besides that, I don't remember them doing anything for Aquaman nor Captain Marvel

Its not until 2016 so theres no reason for it to have been celebrated.

Im guessing thats why Rise of The Seven Seas takes place 2016, Dawn of Justice Cameo, Aquaman Earth One, and whi knows what next. Maybe variant covers for a month.

Wonder Woman and Green Arrow are obviously likely to receive something as well.

#8 Edited by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

@derekvang said:

@captain13 said:

Its not until 2016 so theres no reason for it to have been celebrated.

Im guessing thats why Rise of The Seven Seas takes place 2016, Dawn of Justice Cameo, Aquaman Earth One, and whi knows what next. Maybe variant covers for a month.

Wonder Woman and Green Arrow are obviously likely to receive something as well.

2017 for WW and GA, isn't it? Their 75ths?

#9 Edited by EcstaticGrace (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv: Yeah they have 75ths in 2016 as well so does Hawkman and some smaller characters.

Wonder Woman and Aquaman have novels coming out.

Wonder Woman will be featured in BvS and will probably get a trailer for her movie

Aquaman a cameo and comic event

Will both probably get more then that like a cover month or somethinng.

Im expecting something for Green Arrow and thinking Hawkman will be overlooked though I hope not.

#10 Edited by comicfan11 (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

For his 75th celebration Aquaman already has Rise of the Seven Seas (comic event), Aquaman Earth One (comic graphic novel) and Batman v Superman (movie appearance). Also Injustice 2 is getting made and Aquaman will most certainly be in it.

I vote for an animated series, like Justice League Unlimited (and hopefully a new DC animated universe after the cr@pfest that was everything after Flashpoint Paradox, with the exception of Gods and Mosters).

EDIT: This just in from Aquamanshrine's tweeter

Announcing AQUAMAN: A CELEBRATION OF 75 YEARS HC (400 pages) coming in September from DC Comics

More info this coming week

That sounds great and it shows that as long as Johns is involved Aquaman is not going to be overlooked.

#11 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: I noticed Green Arrow got his in celebration for 75 years revealed first probably I wonder what else Ollie will get this year.

In regards to Aquaman, Johns has been awesome to the character even after his departure from the series. I'm hoping 75 onwards just means more of a push from various writers and in media.

The Injustice 2 thing sounds cool I've heard a while back like maybe a year or 2 ago that they'd like to do a sequel are there any legit plans?

The Basal Ganglia thing would be cool to see in reference to Morrison's JLA :P

#12 Posted by comicfan11 (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: I think they confirmed that Injustice 2 is in the works some time ago.

#13 Posted by KittyParker13 (3638 posts) - - Show Bio

Freedom from comedians looooool. I'd take anything with Aquaman, but I think a really cool live action movie would be best!

#14 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: That's cool if it's still happening. In other Game news Mera and Aqualad II powers are coming out for DCUO some time this year I believe. Hydrokinesis and Hard Water. Hoping that means Legend characters for the Aqua characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.