Follow

Jackson Hyde

Character » Jackson Hyde appears in 214 issues.

Jackson Hyde/Kaldur'ahm is the son of the infamous villain Black Manta, Aquaman's nemesis. With his Xebel-born mother's hydrokinetic abilities and Atlantean physiology, he fights for justice as a member of the Teen Titans, Young Justice and along with his mentor, Aquaman.

Aqualad DCnU Redesign

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Ok so I don't know if this has been done before, if so then feel free to run me out of town with pitchforks and torches. Anyway what do you think the redesigning for Aqualad will be like in the New 52? I will post a scan of what he looked like pre-Flashpoint then you guys get to work on what you think he will look like in his eventual DCnU depute.

No Caption Provided
     Do you think he will be more like the Young Justice version? How about more like the Aquman crustation concept? anyways have at thee!! 
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Decept-O

@spiderbat87: Got a suggestion for you. Why don't you check out artists' threads when you can, as well as the contests. Comment and consider casting votes in the contests as well. You might end up catching someone's eye for the Round Robin contest. Just an idea.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Decept-O said:

@spiderbat87: Got a suggestion for you. Why don't you check out artists' threads when you can, as well as the contests. Comment and consider casting votes in the contests as well. You might end up catching someone's eye for the Round Robin contest. Just an idea.

oh um ok
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Decept-O

@spiderbat87: Just gave you some added info via PM.

nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By nj06

@spiderbat87: I wonder if he even will get an updated costume and/or design. They may do the same with him as they did with Blue Beetle and change very little of how he looks. Then again, Solstice was a new character also and she has changed dramatically.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @nj06 said:

@spiderbat87: I wonder if he even will get an updated costume and/or design. They may do the same with him as they did with Blue Beetle and change very little of how he looks. Then again, Solstice was a new character also and she has changed dramatically.

True, but I could see them making him look slightly more like the Young Justice version
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Adnan

He looks too much like Static at the moment, I wouldn't mind making him more like his YJ version.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By jsphsmth

I do hope that the Brightest Day version shows up in Aquaman at some point, but DC probably wants to keep it just Arthur and Mera for a while.

I don't think that he is a good fit for the Teen Tians right now. Possibly after the NOWHERE storyline ends.

It would be a waste for him not to show up somewhere.

Steps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Steps

He has to lose the dreads and start pulling off the Sisqo look.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By kidchipotle

I want Garth to be around for some time, I don't care in what way. But thats only assuming he was revived after the reboot and isn't still dead from Blackest Night. I think it's said somewhere that Aqualad (this new one) is going to be in Aquaman at some point in the future, though I'm not sure because I don't remember my sources. It would be cool to have him back and hopefully join the Teen Titans in the future. The only problem is that I don't see these current Teen Titan members leaving any time soon and there are already a good amount of members so by adding Aqualad and whomever else may overload the roster. That may be one reason Static isn't joining.

As for the look, I like the way he looks now. It's cool. I don't want him to look like his YJ version because he looks like a muscle head there. In BD, he looked like an average teen who had power

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @jsphsmth said:

I do hope that the Brightest Day version shows up in Aquaman at some point, but DC probably wants to keep it just Arthur and Mera for a while.

I don't think that he is a good fit for the Teen Tians right now. Possibly after the NOWHERE storyline ends.

It would be a waste for him not to show up somewhere.

Lobdel wanted to use him as one of the core members of the TT but he was told he was going to be playing a significant part in another book so he couldent touch him I presume they meant Aquaman.
    nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nj06

I would love for both Aqualad and Aquagirl to be used in the DCnU. I wouldn't mind having they appear in Teen Titans as supporting members and/or in the current Aquaman series.

@ArturoCalaKayVee: I would love for Garth to be revived and back as Tempest. I was upset when he was killed off as I thought he was a great character and also he had just become king of Atlantis.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kidchipotle

@nj06: If Garth was King of Atlantis, not only would it make me EXTREMELY happy, but it would make so much sense since Aquaman has abandoned his duties as king. DC if you're reading this and haven't decided who should rule, TAKE THE HINT AND REVIVE GARTH. TEMPEST FOR LIFE

Avatar image for garrettsgonewild
    garrettsgonewild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By garrettsgonewild

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Perfect! It would be the best thing !

nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nj06

@ArturoCalaKayVee: I agree 100%. I really thought it was great when Tempest decided to become the King as I felt it would expand on his character but also allow Aquaman to focus on being more of a hero rather than a ruler. There was so much potential for Tempest being some sort of sorcery king like the former rulers of Atlantis. But instead, he gets killed off in Blackest Night without even putting up that much of a fight. WTF DC?!

I really hope he gets revived in the DCnU. and is used well. he's too great of a character to just be forgotten!

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By ReVamp

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@nj06: If Garth was King of Atlantis, not only would it make me EXTREMELY happy, but it would make so much sense since Aquaman has abandoned his duties as king. DC if you're reading this and haven't decided who should rule, TAKE THE HINT AND REVIVE GARTH. TEMPEST FOR LIFE

TEMPEST FOR LIFE.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kidchipotle

@nj06 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee: I agree 100%. I really thought it was great when Tempest decided to become the King as I felt it would expand on his character but also allow Aquaman to focus on being more of a hero rather than a ruler. There was so much potential for Tempest being some sort of sorcery king like the former rulers of Atlantis. But instead, he gets killed off in Blackest Night without even putting up that much of a fight. WTF DC?!

I really hope he gets revived in the DCnU. and is used well. he's too great of a character to just be forgotten!

This. I agree with this so much. He had so much potential as ruler with all his abilities.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

bump

Avatar image for garrettsgonewild
    garrettsgonewild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By garrettsgonewild
    No Caption Provided

A sketch by Brett Booth, current penciler on Teen Titans. Tempest! :D but it's just a sketch, so don't get excited like I did! but I really wish this was real!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.