Follow

Apollo

Character » Apollo appears in 372 issues.

A solar-powered member of Stormwatch. He is one of the leading members and is extremely powerful. He is also known for his relationship with fellow Stormwatch member, The Midnighter.

Hottest husbands and Stormwatch talk

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By lady_toyano
    No Caption Provided

How many of you knew Apollo was an artist? Well he is and he's so freaking amazing that he can paint with tints, shades, AND different colors using only a number two pencil.

Haha, yeah!

Though I am enjoying the reboot of Stormwatch, I'm still finding it hard to get down with Apollo's (aka Andrew which I think is just a dealing name) buzz cut. I'm not even going to start harping on that chin spike of Midnighter's... nope, not gonna harp on it's pointyness just snatching my attention from the plot to stare at it and go "Why!?"

Anywho, I read last issue in a flash and highlights were: Sooner then expected caressing from Midnighter and week in the knees Apollo (ha, I was totally expecting to take the prudish tart pace and not have elbows even brush till around issue# 10), Apollo still has maintained the ability to loose his clothing during battle (one of the few super-dudes I have seen who's costume takes more battle damage then he does), Angie stepping up and being all "I am the authority so do as I say," and the possibility that the useless "leader" that is Adam may be going away. I'm not saying he should die for it, but please go away sir....

I'm aslo trying to recall if there is a Doctor on this team? I know Jenny, but the other young one on the team I'm guessing is the Doctor? Those powers always , made the best and funniest results, but hey...got the job done.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By SoA

idk it seems like a watered down g- rated version of what was once the authority , i don't mind Apollo's cut but they should've left Midnighter's clothes alone

oh and Hawkmoor actually talking to the cities is just... no. i miss the authority and Jenny referring to her fathers as Daddy Apollo and Daddy Midnighter lol. One can only hope it gets better having them neutered as such , hurts to be perfectly honest

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lady_toyano

@SoA: I totally prepared myself for the watered down Authority bit as soon as I heard DC was going to include them in the new DCu. On one hand I was supper pumped that this team of epic win was going to be bought back into the light and have a chance to be exposed to more people, but on the other hand (as you said) there was no doubt going to be a lot of watering down. I mean the freaking moral compass of DC would have exploded off the charts trying to categorize the original Authority and assimilate them. The subject matter that the Authority had no problem showing or discussing: Sex, detailed gore, drug uses, over throwing governments, and giving giant "we don't give a f* what you "think" is rite bc we know what's best for the world” to whoever tried to challenge them. C'mon, there is no way the original team would have been able to coexist with the DC Universe if they were just bought over as was (Oooh maybe that can be a huge DC event in the future eh?). It was one of those sacrifices that would be inevitable bc you can’t have the Authority stealing the thunder of the Justice League. SOOOoooo they are a shadow organization protecting the world (and possibly multiverse?) form even larger threats that even the Justice League are aware of. Now that's just nuts.

Now about the cosmetic changes….sigh. I’ve stopped harping on Apollo not having his awesome Raiden hair, bc I’m thinking of it like this: these are his younger days and he’s going through one of those experimental why the heck not times. Now he will eventually realize how silly this phase of buzz cuttery is, but that comes with time and growth. This is also how I explained away the Midnighter’s trench coat of badassery. Maybe he’s going for what makes him the most agile in battle at this point in life, and what provides the most offensive defense is how I explained about 95% of the spiketitude he’s got going on. But one that I just can’t ignore, overlook, or get used to is that dang chin spike. Whenever I’m reading a panel that the Midnighter is facing forward, my eyes always fall to that freaking chin spike and break my reading flow. I’ll just stare at it and loose my reading groove and become comically enraged and make commentary thus loosing the stories atmosphere. I can’t believe someone thought that was a good idea, useful, or heaven forbid fashionable. I pray the silliness in that dang spike is realized and absolved fast. I seriously can’t believe that spike has seriously been my major issue with the series. That and Adam I….yeah that guy….

I totally feel your pain there. I totally miss the dynamic between the daddies and baby girl family dynamic they had going on in the Carrier (I miss the Carrier and the Bleed too). It was so endearing and sweet to see two bad butts getting all paternal and lovey dovey. No one could ever say Apollo and Midnighter where one dimensional! I was surprised to see that they used baby Jenny instead of older Jenny, but then again she would have been to hardcore for the DCu, you can’t tame that woman haha.

Viewing this series as AU helps me get through a lot of the little miffs I’ve been having (I did almost throw a hissy when I didn’t see Apollo’s golden boy halo though. I was like hold the freaking phone! That’s like taking away Professor X’s temple tuches!) and focusing on the positive. Seeing this team in action once more just makes me so happy! I know that it can be a bit painful seeing generation X become blue collar workers instead of overthrowing the regime, but I’m excited about where they are going and how they will get there (not to mention all the opportunities for some really awesome face offs yeahhhhh, think about that oneJ).

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Nerx

\

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Whats wrong with Adam One?

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lady_toyano

@spiderbat87: He is... well was far to out in the clouds to be an effective leader of a team of powerhouses that are supposed to be the earth's first line of defense from intergalactic distress and attacks. An efficient leader must be level headed and be able to focus on the task at hand. I really did not feel that at all from him. It is a shame because I am totally up for new blood on the team being that it's a relaunch title, but he really wasn't fitting the bill for the role he was placed in. I could have seen him on the team, but definitely not as the leader.

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lady_toyano

@Nerx: Pffft XD!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @lady_toyano said:

@spiderbat87: He is... well was far to out in the clouds to be an effective leader of a team of powerhouses that are supposed to be the earth's first line of defense from intergalactic distress and attacks. An efficient leader must be level headed and be able to focus on the task at hand. I really did not feel that at all from him. It is a shame because I am totally up for new blood on the team being that it's a relaunch title, but he really wasn't fitting the bill for the role he was placed in. I could have seen him on the team, but definitely not as the leader.

But he was meant to be crap, thats the whole idea around his character 
    Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nerx

@lady_toyano: One of the best parents evah

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lady_toyano

@spiderbat87: Which is fine for a random dude who is going to be on the team and offer some really neat skill, but as leader...that is not acceptable. I wouldn't have had a problem with him as another member of the team, but leadership is something you do not take lightly. Even if he was a bit of a goof, he didn't embody a leader of team. Just some guy barking orders at other folks who knew he wasn't qualified.

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lady_toyano

@Nerx: Oh I know. I totally miss all the TLC that we got to see coming from them when raising Jenny. I totally miss that.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nerx

@lady_toyano: or their brief divorce

My initial reaction to the DCnU designs
    My initial reaction to the DCnU designs
    lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lady_toyano

@Nerx: AAAAAAhhhh!!! That's utter perfection. I thought, hey rebooted versions of middle aged bad asses meant maaaaayyy be they'd be taken back a few years in age. Then I heard Apollo and Midnighter were gonna start from scratch and i was cool with that bc I wanted to see it happen and it really pegged it in my head that they be younger then 30 then. Then I saw that first cover.... Now it may just bee me, but the only thing taken back was that awful Hellraiser meets biker inspired Midnighter gear. Besides that, everyone actually looks like the aged an extra 5-10 years during the reboot which is just odd.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nerx

@lady_toyano: Apollo looks like a military style dude and midnighter resembles a stereotypical butch lesbian, I am not amused (what happened to the fabulous hair and the awesome ruggedness?)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.