Follow

Apocalypse

Character » Apocalypse appears in 1782 issues.

One of the very first mutants, Apocalypse is both thousands of years old and a monstrous tyrant that has been a longtime foe of the X-Men. Apocalypse believes that only the strongest (whether mutant or superhuman) should survive. His body is a mix of organics and powerful celestial technology, boosting his shapeshifting and other powers to god-like levels.

Ultimate Apocalypse and his Four Horsemen (discussion)

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DEADPOOL

Firstly, I think Apocalypse is the dark side of Xavier's psyche, possibly an alternate personality.

Why would I think this? Firstly, it has been shown that Ultimate Xavier isn't as benevolent as 616 Xavier, and has a tendency to do underhanded things, especially with his powers.

Secondly, Sinister was "hallucinating"? Doubtful... I think "Apocalypse" is a telepathic projection of Xavier, the way Xavier wants to be seen.

Thirdly, Cable has insinuated that Xavier caused alot of trouble in the immediate future and had to get him out of the picture. Cable's beef was with Xavier... but in every reality and every time period, Cable's beef is with Apocalypse.

Xavier, or at least a part of Xavier, is Apocalypse!

Then comes the Horsemen... I think we have been seeing them, we just haven't recognized it.

Sinister: has white skin (or at least 616 does) and carries a gun. He also had that hat and jewel. Apocalypse also sent him forth hunting mutants; he was originally supposed to be Death but Apocalypse demoted him, but he still could had been conquering in Apocalypse's name.

The gun could be the modern bow, and the hat and jewel could represent the crown. The crown could also be metaphorical, with his telepathic powers being the crown... or possibly, Apocalypse's blessings.

Deadpool: Wears red, preferred to use bladed weapons over guns, was a highly decorated war hero, and causes strife. It was also never said who turned him into a cyborg... and 616 Apocalypse, at least, likes to enhance his Horsemen.

Deadpool's philosophy that mutants should have to earn their powers isn't so different from Apocalypse's (616's and likely Ultimate's) ideology "survival of the fittest."

The order the Horsemen appear in the bible/the order they appear in the comics:

Sinister

Horse: White

Horse Represents: Victory/False Peace

Rider: Wears a crown and carries a Bow

Rider Represents: Conquest

Text: And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Deadpool

Horse: Red

Horse Represents: Blood spilt on the battlefield

Rider: Carries a sword

Rider Represents: War/Persecution

Text: And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

???

Horse: Black

Horse Represents: Desolation

Rider: Carries measuring scales

Rider Represents: Hunger/Injustice

Text: And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and saw a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, "A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine."

???

Horse: Pale/Green

Horse Represents: Decay

Rider: Followed by hell

Rider Represents: Death

Text: And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Post Edited:2007-06-09 01:30:28

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Prodigal Son

Then who is the avenging angel who takes the "Beast" and throws him into the bottomless pit?

Jean Grey as Phoenix? She's already worshiped by the Shi'ar church.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DEADPOOL

Umm... I don't know if it'll get that punctual, lol.

I'm trying to figure out who the 3rd one is. I'm leaning towards either the black-skinned Nightcrawler or the the black-haired Beast... may be someone else, though.

Post Edited:2007-06-08 19:49:59

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DEADPOOL

bump

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Darkchild

i just think the whole concept of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse is awesome

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DEADPOOL

Biblically, comically, or my theories?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.