Follow

Apocalypse

Character » Apocalypse appears in 1781 issues.

One of the very first mutants, Apocalypse is both thousands of years old and a monstrous tyrant that has been a longtime foe of the X-Men. Apocalypse believes that only the strongest (whether mutant or superhuman) should survive. His body is a mix of organics and powerful celestial technology, boosting his shapeshifting and other powers to god-like levels.

Movie Apocalypse

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So how powerful do you guys think the new upcoming X-men: Apocalypse, will be? Do you guys think he will do more than Dark Phoenix did in X-men: The last Stand?

O-Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can wipe out a city and react to Quicksilver.

PostalDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PostalDude

I just saw the movie, after a girl from work told me about it. I asked if Apocalypse was killed, she said he was.

She explained his powers. I explained what his actual powers were. She said "No, these are his powers." I'm annoyed at this new generation.

Primarily, I'm pissed off at FOX. I grew up on the old cartoons and comics.

In this movie, Apocalypse has his consciousness transferred into the bodies of others to gain their power.

His main ability is manipulation of sand? And having the earth swallow people. Ridiculous.

For the beginning, way back in ancient Egypt, one of his acolytes protects his body from ROCKS. Apocalypse doesn't need that.

Not even Wolverine's adamantium claws can penetrate Apocalypse's armor.

When I told my coworker this, she said Wolverine wasn't in the movie. She couldn't even recognize Weapon X. My inner 90s nerd was at full rage mode.

Psylocke cuts his throat. For those not aware, that is absolutely impossible to do to Apocalypse.

The entire premise of one episode from the old X-Men cartoon was that he set up Archangel as a shapeshifted archaeologist, to lie about his own weakness at the back of his neck.

Here, he manipulates the outside world and doesn't use machines to enhance mutants. He uses his "powers".

Apocalypse was the ultimate shapeshifter, with greater control than Mystique. The only way they were able to defeat him in the old toon, was send him back to time from "outside of time".

That is, after his Lazarus chamber that he used to rejuvenate himself was destroyed.

Xavier and Jean Gray get into his head. This was also impossible. They would've been in shock when they tried.

Typical of Fox. The modern company ruins everything. First Remy LeBeau, now Apocalypse. Before the reboot, they killed off Cyclops and Xavier.

They basically unzip, and relieve themselves on my childhood.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell of a lot stronger than I thought he'd be. He friggin hijacked Xavier connected to Cerebro, caught Quicksilver, shook the Earth by waking up, made a metal pyramid in the middle of a city on a whim, and lasted quite a while against Magneto (amped), Storm (amped), and Phoenix, WHILE fighting Xavier in his own head. He had better showing in the movies than god knows how many years of comics.

PostalDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterofevil: The original "X-Men the animated series" had Apocalypse going against Rogue's super strength (permanently stolen from another mutant). He could shift his arm into a mallet and smash her into the ceiling. When Cyclops blasted him, it was like water from a hose. He doesn't even fall over. Wolverine's claws are stronger than Psylocke's sword. Adamantium, able to cut through anything, only scraped his armor. Gambit even crashed the Blackbird into him directly. It bought them a few seconds. The X-Men back then faced off against him in their usual large group several times, and could only restrain him; such as envelop him in a forcefield and blast him into space, postponing the inevitable. When they finally defeated Apocalypse outside of time, after all the psychic minds were freed by Bishop, they sent him back to normal time where he couldn't exist without his Lazarus chamber. His body ceased to exist, but his spirit came back from the void into the body of Fabian Cortez. All of his ridiculous god-moding powers were restored. Here's the kicker: The rest of his powers, shapeshifting and complete control of every atom of his body, invulnerability, immense energy more powerful than Magneto's, and a mind that can't be penetrated even by Xavier; those were all acquired from a spacecraft. Apocalypse's first original power (from the comics) was resurrection. When he died, he came back stronger.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@postaldude: and you see none of that in the comics, like I said

PostalDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PostalDude

@masterofevil: None of "that"? I've been busy. So this is late. "That" implies everything I said in the previous message. And most of what I said is also in the comics.
    The movie screwed up the image of Apocalypse, terribly. He's not large and imposing there as he's supposed to be. Instead, he's considerably tiny.
    They got his powers all wrong. Completely reversed. Control of the outside world as opposed to himself.
    Add to that, Jennifer Lawrence, contracted and obviously not wanting to be there. She acted with all the emotional range of Ben Stein.
    The Phoenix is an entity that inhabits Jean Grey, and must be controlled via Xavier. Singer pulls it out like some random plot point he can pluck out of the sky.
    The only saving grace for this huge dump they took was the scenes with Quicksilver. Otherwise, this is about as terrible as the third movie before the reboot.
    When they killed off Xavier and Cyclops. It's obvious Bryan Singer had no interest in backstory whatsoever.
    But this movie is so fantastic? Sure. That's why it has such "great" reviews by the critics.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He got roflstomped by an inexperienced young Jean. He was somewhat strong in the film but completely watered down.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@postaldude: Because comic book movies have to be exactly like the comic books? I have read the actual comics and they made him more of a threat in the movie than 616 version ever was. They more or less based him off Ultimate Marvel's version anyway (body hopping, power stealing, controlling surrounding environment, unharmed by everyone until being beaten by phoenix) and that guy makes 616 Apoc like an even worse joke. And it was Brett Ratner the directed the 3rd x-men movie that killed Xavier and Cyclops. Also, what the critic (and you) can't look past is how the movie version doesn't look like the show or comic book versions, which is like expecting the MCU movies to do the same thing. Plus these are critics that called Iron man 3 a great movie and that was pure garbage.

And Jennifer Lawrence never looked like she wanted to be in any of her movies. That's just how she is lolz

O-Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterofevil: They also took the mind battle with Xavier from the Ultimate comics as well.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@o-face: Which Xavier lost. In a fight he went to the future to prepare for.

Hulkbuster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hulkbuster13

I think they should put Apocalypse in the next movie. I mean magneto is on good terms with the X-Men at the end of the movie, Apocalypse is one of their biggest bad guys and he does have a habit of coming back to life more than most people, he is a master mind with tons of plans hence him coming back when it seems like he's gone, Nathaniel Essex was made into Sinister because of Apocalypse and the two have worked together multiple times in the comics. While this Apocalypse was good some people including me have found him to be a little lacking and he switches bodies in the movie which would work well if they wanted to change him a little. They could call it X-Men End of Days or something where Sinister could have a small rivalry with Magneto, Wolverine could be one Apocalypse's Horsemen of War or Death cause in the comics he's often been brainwashed or controlled by someone and we've yet to see that, and they could tie in Cable so he could later be put into the next Deadpool movie. Sinister could also be the one who cloned Wolverine and make X-23, cause it's said that the next Wolverine movie takes place in the future of days of future's past so it could tie her in the 3rd Wolverine.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.