Follow

Aphrodite IX

Character » Aphrodite IX appears in 45 issues.

Aphrodite IX is a beautiful gynoid assassin whose memory is purged after every hit to protect herself and her masters. Eventually becoming self-aware, she surpasses her programming and rebels against those using her.

Aphrodite IX Movie Coming In 3-D

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    Aphrodite IX is coming to the big screen...in 3-D.  The Hollywood Reporter stated that Threshold Entertainment along with Platinum Studios and Top Cow are planning to adapt the character. 

Aphrodite IX is a cyborg assassin that would get her memory wiped after each mission.  She eventually develops self-awareness and realizes killing isn't what she wants to do.  With the desire to become human, she needs to figure out who she is and where she came from.
    Threshold's Larry Kasanoff and Platinum chairman and CEO Scott Mitchell Rosenberg are producing. Top Cow CEO Marc Silvestri and former Universal Pictures exec Randy Greenberg of the Greenberg Group are executive producers. Top Cow president Matt Hawkins and Platinum's Rich Marincic are co-producing.

"This is just the kind of franchise we love: a visually stunning world, amazing effects, a great story and a hot, kick-ass babe in the lead," Kasanoff said. "What could be better?"

Maybe now we'll see the "Pilot Season" book by Dan Jevons and Eric Basaldua that was intended to be released in 2007.
    zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By zero edge

NO WAY! How can a series that got canned in only 5 issues get a movie? Although I did enjoy it, and Aphrodite is pretty hot. In 3d too? they better get a bomb actress for it. I'd rather them make a good Witchblade movie though.

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Precise
    zero edge said:
    "NO WAY! How can a series that got canned in only 5 issues get a movie? Although I did enjoy it, and Aphrodite is pretty hot. In 3d too? they better get a bomb actress for it. I'd rather them make a good Witchblade movie though."
    I completely agree, heck just do that one Witchblade story where Aphrodite was send to kill her!
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

zero edge said:

"NO WAY! How can a series that got canned in only 5 issues get a movie?"

Agreed.  And it was about 10 years ago.  So why are they dusting off this old chestnut, when Top Cow has got better & more recent chest nuts to offer??

And... Aphrodite IX had a plot?! 

Deo Wade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Deo Wade

Who?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck

What's weird is when she appeared recently in Witchblade, Top Cow's biggest comic, it wasn't even her.  It was Aphrodite IV.  What's the difference?  Not exactly sure.  I missed out on the Aphrodite IX series.

Also, it wasn't exactly stated in the original article but this might be CGI.  That would make more sense with the 3-D part.  Not sure if that makes it a better idea or not.  At least it'd be more...realistic from a comic book perspective and they won't have to worry about having a green-haired chick running around in the "real world."

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
    I have heard of her... but I have only seen her in like 2 or 3 comics
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Media_Master

ok

Avatar image for deletable_profile_person
      starman1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By starman1994

eh,... I personally could have gone for a really good Witchblade movie, but this could be good

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By zero edge

damnit I need to catch up with Witchblade, just looked at IV's picture and she has the witchblade? looks hawt.

Lethal Weapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lethal Weapon

I personally enjoyed this whole series, I hope the movie is good and i hope to see her in witchblade!!! ^_^

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By COBRAMORPH

They better referance this pic when making the movie.
       http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3133/155629-18912-111765-1-aphrodite-ix_super.jpg

Because if they try to do with her like they did with Elektra's costume, the movie will be doomed to failure the minute we see the first pic of the actress in costume. & she needs large tits.

frogger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By frogger

I agree with all you guys who want the witchblade movie instead, but witchblade is Top Cow's biggest success so that movie has to be done right.
      Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Crom-Cruach

I'm keeping my hopes up i like Aphrodite even if I prefer Witchblade. I'll be so pissed off if they screw up her movie, Witchblade deserves a movie done right.

Aphrodite deserves a good movie also. I hope they keep the guys responsible for Elektra the hell away from this project.

MarkPar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MarkPar

i hope its gonna be good :)

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By COBRAMORPH

They probly are going with Aphrodite9 instead of Witchblade as both a test, & that it was probly cheaper to buy the rights to than Witchblade. Hell, maybe there is still some legal BS because of that tv show a few years back.

What I dont get is, what is the deal with having Aphrodite IV? Again, I assume legal BS that 9 cant be used because of a possible movie.

Avatar image for the_goddess_of_chaos
      The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zero edge: i never heard of that comicbook ever.....and i dont want to see the movie

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.