Watch the "Human-Sized" Teaser for 'Ant-Man'

• 66 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (41737 posts) - - Show Bio

Yesterday, Marvel Studios put a clever twist on teasing one of their upcoming teaser trailers. Instead of simply showing us some footage from the upcoming teaser and assuming that's enough to get us hyped, they put a creative spin on it: They shrunk the video. Because, you know, Ant-Man! Many of us have put our vision to the test to see what we can spot and others have already increased the size of the footage. Now, they've released the "human-sized" version of the preview video. Not only does this let most of us see what the teaser has in store for us, but it also makes sure the movie's on our radar and we know when to tune in to see the rest of it. Enjoy, readers.

Is having a teaser for a teaser date silly to some? Certainly. Does it manage to catch our attention and make sure we check out the teaser trailer when it drops? Absolutely. I mean, we're writing about it and you chose to come in here and watch the video, right? While many of us may not be fond of the approach, at least they're giving us a look at the movie!

The full teaser will air during the Marvel's Agent Carter premiere. So, if you want to watch that (and the Ant-Man teaser!) you'll have to watch ABC this Tuesday, January 6 at 8/7c. Did anything in this preview pique your interest, readers?

Ant-Man is directed by Peyton Reed and opens July 17.

#1 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
#3 Posted by deactivated-5c6600594117e (22316 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Harsh for a 5 second clip....hahaha

#4 Posted by TheDandyMan (5175 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't know if they're going to be able to make the general audience take him seriously.

#5 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Harsh for a 5 second clip....hahaha

The Ant sized teaser was better compared to this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
#6 Edited by deactivated-5c6600594117e (22316 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by dan12456 (3006 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, I would've preferred no trailer to this. Just put out the actual one Tuesday. There was nothing interesting about this at all.

#8 Posted by cattlebattle (17681 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't know if they're going to be able to make the general audience take him seriously.

If general audiences are willing to take a dude that runs around dressed like a US flag and throws a shield around like a boomerang seriously....I would have confidence that Ant-Man will be embraced without much uncertainty.

#9 Posted by BeholdtheVison (191 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Hank Pym not being an old man? x.x

#10 Posted by Squalleon (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

So up to this point we had a teaser for a 15 second teaser that will tease another teaser for the movie?

You try to hard Marvel.

#11 Posted by AwesomePerson (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing really catches my eye here...

#13 Edited by Lurkero (507 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved what Marvel did with the ant-sized teaser. As unnecessary of a series that Agent Carter is, this will likely get people to watch at least SOME of it and acknowledge its existence.

I still don't understand why Marvel decided on an Agent Carter series considering all of the properties they have.

I think this additional teaser is for the TV audience and not the internet audience that the first teaser was for. I liked the ant-sized teaser more.

#14 Posted by Protoflash (181 posts) - - Show Bio

So.... yesterday was the release of a teaser, for a teaser, for a teaser...... motherfucker

Avatar image for kaang_the_watcher
#15 Posted by Kaang_the_Watcher (791 posts) - - Show Bio

So.... yesterday was the release of a teaser, for a teaser, for a teaser...... motherfucker

Because they know now that they can release literally anything about an upcoming movie and we'll gobble it up like the ravenous pigs we are.

They could release a single picture of the back of Hank Pym's head and I guarantee I'd be seeing articles about it on Facebook the next day.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
#17 Posted by Knightsofdarkness2 (8155 posts) - - Show Bio

Teaserception.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
#18 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (9315 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by RavenVice01 (4408 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: I'm hoping the zodiac will be involved in agent carter.

#20 Posted by Squalleon (9994 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Perfect 10 (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

wasp jr aka hope!!! training to fight!!!! my stingers are tingling!!

#22 Posted by darkbeam (2873 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really interested in the Ant Man movie at all.

#23 Posted by DrellAssassin (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardiandevil83 said:

@squalleon: It works. You just watched both.

And enjoyed none :/

I am not even fired up for the movie.

That's the point of the impending trailer. Most people don't get fired up for a movie they haven't seen a shred of footage from.

#24 Posted by HumanRocket (11234 posts) - - Show Bio

At least we got to see his boots >_>

Avatar image for the_greatest_username
#25 Posted by The_Greatest_Username (244 posts) - - Show Bio

A whole bunch of nothing plus fake-Wasp?

pass...

#26 Posted by Squalleon (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon said:

@guardiandevil83 said:

@squalleon: It works. You just watched both.

And enjoyed none :/

I am not even fired up for the movie.

That's the point of the impending trailer. Most people don't get fired up for a movie they haven't seen a shred of footage from.

Then whats the point of the teasers? At least as far as I know they are created to build hype for the trailer and the movie. I don't feel that hype. If the teaser had done its job I should eagerly expecting the trailer. But the truth is I forget about this movie the moment I stop to talk about it and I am even a Hank Pym fan :P

#27 Posted by viin (953 posts) - - Show Bio

Dumb

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
#28 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2255 posts) - - Show Bio

boring

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
#29 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (9315 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: Maybe the actual trailer will be better. But, I've been fooled by awesome trailers before.

#30 Posted by Owie (7175 posts) - - Show Bio

That really doesn't do too much for the movie. I'm looking forward to the movie, but this is essentially a bunch of unrelated 1 second clips of random footage.

#31 Posted by Rainja (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Antman: A whack Marvel character who will now be starring in his own whack movie.

#32 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmm.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
#33 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (12493 posts) - - Show Bio

well... that showed nothing.

Avatar image for greenlanterndeadpool
#34 Posted by GreenLanternDeadpool (182 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell are you guys expecting from a teaser for a teaser trailer? Lol. It wasn't even 10 seconds of footage.

#35 Posted by Black_Arrow (10258 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by slade_wilson (776 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenlanterndeadpool: Thank you, sir, for being the voice of reason in a sea of whiners and witless naysayers

#37 Posted by AMajorDoubter (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Unlike people who are weirdly complaining about like 10 seconds or so (IT'S THE INTERNET!) I found this fantastic. Both the ant-man sized and human sized ones. Already excited for Agent Carter and now I'm even more excited.

P.S. Evangeline Lilly is puttin' in that work. I love it. Now THAT is how you get buff.

#38 Posted by Perfect 10 (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

so many people on here cant comprehend the awesome. so sad

Avatar image for transformers1024
#39 Posted by Transformers1024 (7600 posts) - - Show Bio

These clips are so short it's like watching a poorly edited photo montage.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
#40 Posted by amazing_webhead (9817 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by selfproclaimed (146 posts) - - Show Bio

just bring us the damn trailer

#42 Edited by FearTheLiving (8837 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting pumped for the trailer, though I was gonna watch Agent Carter anyways so it's a win, win.

#43 Posted by Perfect 10 (1655 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Winter_Kills (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

When the real trailer comes, it will be awesome. And people will be talking about it. The MCU has done a killer job thus far, I'm giving them benefit of the doubt. I think it'll be a sleeper hit. Nowhere near the level of GOTG(which has become one of not only my fave comic movies, but one of my fave movies of all time period), but I still believe it will be a big hit. Not super-invested in it yet, but the trailer might sell me. Marvel Studios has done a good job on delivering with the actual trailers thus far. Honestly, you cant expect much out of a teaser of a teaser.

As for it being incentive to watch Agent Carter, I was gonna be there anyway. Not only do I LOVES me some Hayley Atwell, but I want to see more of the '50s-era history of the MCU. It's pretty much set in stone for the MU, but it's new ground for the MCU. (I'm hoping for at least a mention of the Winter Soldier, maybe more.)

#45 Posted by Comicdude360 (3245 posts) - - Show Bio

@winter_kills: you still believe in it even after all those people left the project. I'll still see it but I'm not expecting anything more than iron man 3.

#46 Posted by Winter_Kills (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude360:

Well, believing in it might be a strong word, but I'm optimistic. I'm at least reserving my full opinion until I see the trailer. Giving the benefit of the doubt there. I don't believe they'll put out a sub-par production. The IM3 debacle was a snafu they don't want to repeat. I will see it, & there probably will be things I like about it for certain, it remains to be seen how much, but I doubt I will have the same amount of enjoyment I got out of GOTG, Avengers & Cap:TWS.(All of them on different levels, GOTG was absolute awesomeness & FUN; Avengers was an epoch-making moment, & Cap:TWS was thrilling & from my username, you can tell how I feel about the Winter Soldier. I loved GOTG so much, I wish GOTG2 was coming out sooner than 2017. But I know it'll be worth the wait!) Maybe I'm being a glass-half full kinda guy, but I'll rest my honest opinion on the full trailers.

#47 Posted by sinikettu (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

While I doubt Ant-man to be a flop I suspect it won't be a huge hit either.

I'm predicting it could pull maybe 350mil BO total if its well liked and critics don't murder it.

#48 Edited by fattytravy (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to tell from something so short, but am I the only one who thought the cinematography was something out of a network TV show? I don't want to say it looks cheap but... it looks cheap.

#50 Posted by Novemberx2 (506 posts) - - Show Bio

what's with the serious tone? We know it gonna be another generic awful comedy meet super hero flick

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.